“Lousy Lousy service”
Review of Das Pastellhaus - CLOSED

Das Pastellhaus
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Terrible service. Took them forever to take our order. Then they forgot to put the order for one of the plates. You can tell that the employees don't give a crap

There are newer reviews for Das Pastellhaus

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went to this restaurant and had a terrible experience. The service was abyssmal; the food was stale and the restaurant did not appear to be clean. I don't recommend it. It's the second time I go in the last two months and I will not be going back unless they get their act together.

1  Thank Edna G
Reviewed 18 October 2013

awesome pizza taste. Owner Alejandro sat aside us told the story about the restaurant origins. I did not try the pastries which seems to be delicious. Definitively I'll go again!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

One of our friends recommended me the pizza served in this restaurant. I tried the onion soup, a pizza and a lemon meringue pie. The onion soup was terrible.. looked if a can was just opened and served in a big plate.. no bread, no gratinated cheese!! Very french style!! The pizza had an uncooked look, liquid or a gel over it.. I can't describe its taste ... Finally, i ordered the lemon meringue pie to sweet a little bit my terrible experience... what a surprise!! The pie was totally artificially flavored.. the meringue was like plastic and the lemon pie filling had a chemical tasting!

NOT recommended!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I went to this place because I was recommended to try their "à la crème" pizzas ... Wow! They're kind of out of this world! I tried the "festival" pizza. It had ham, bacon, bell peppers, onions, leeks, sauteed in a white sauce over a thin crust. A spectacular surprise. My wife ordered a "marinera" pizza, with salmon, shrimp and onions, which was also excellent.
This site turned out to be not only a good restaurant, but also a great German bakery (to my surprise, I'm German). For dessert we ordered a passion-fruit mousse and an apple pie. I must say that it wouldn't have been better if this was the best bakery in my hometown.
Also, we ordered to take-out some puff pastries stuffed with cream cheese and guava, which proved to be delicious, made according to the best German tradition with a tropical touch.
They have many other options on the menu: breakfast (all day long), salads, sandwiches, pastas. From what I saw on neighboring tables, everything is fresh, homemade, even the bread.
The ambience is very nice and welcoming, and the service is excellent, by young servants really commited to give you a pleasant stay.
We really enjoyed this place.