Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
  • Breakfast included
US$296
US$247
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main hotelcaribe hiltonold san juanprivate beachcondado lagoonpuerto ricomain lobbyhotel groundspina coladathe room was nicemini fridgeswim up barfitness centerocean frontdolorespoolsbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed here with my family last week and it was awesome. The rooms are spacious enough and great bedding. Although the need just a little tlc, they were perfect and they had a great view of the lagoon and Condado! The facilities of the hotel are very diverse! there's the infinity pool, a wet bar (expensive), like 4 jacuzzies, a hammock area (In wich I spent most of my time :D), a little dock with fish, floating devices on the beach and like a little tanning "dock" next to the beach with a beautiful view as well. I wanna go back soon!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kaseyferie
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for choosing the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience and we are delighted to know your stay was a pleasant one.

We thank you again for staying with us and would be thankful to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Overall, this hotel was pretty nice. The Villas could use some updating, but I would consider staying here again. We had a two bed room in Tower 2 and the view from the balcony was beautiful (our room faced the bridge that led to the Conrad hotel area). It also faced the balcony of our friends room in Tower 1, which made for some fun times. The bed and pillows were really comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good. $16 for a full breakfast consisting of a plate of hot food and however much you wanted of fruit, bread, muffins and pastries.

The hotel is within walking distance of a few other hotels and some restaurants. We walked across the bridge by the hotel and came across a few bars, restaurants, a Walgreens, liquor stores within a 2 mile distance of the hotel.

The pool area was really nice and had beautiful views of the water. That's probably the best part about this hotel. The hotel was completely booked this past weekend, but we always managed to get chairs by the pool or hammocks. The bar in the pool isn't really a swim up pool because you have to get out of the main pool to get to it. It's really just a bar in a separate smaller pool. Drinks were a little pricey, but coming from NY I'm used to it by now.

Some negatives: I'm pretty sure the AC in our room was broken because it was on 68 the entire weekend and I woke up several times during the night because of how hot the room was. I like my hotel rooms cold and in beds as comfy as these, being hot was not fun. Also, the ice maker on our floor (7) didn't work, but we made due without it.

One thing that annoyed me (and is partially our fault because we didn't put up the do not disturb sign) is how housekeeping came at 8:30am in the morning. Who in their right mind wants housekeeping to come and clean their room at 8:30 in the morning? Come on people. Let's push that time back a little. Also, housekeeping left our door open after they came in and cleaned. Our door didn't shut completely unless you slammed it and we got back to our room after being by the pool for hours to discover our door open and very easy to get into if anyone wanted to steal our stuff. Not cool.

This hotel is also kind of annoying to get around in. To get to Tower 1 or the main lobby from our room on the 7th floor in Tower 2, you had to take an elevator to floor 2 and walk over a bridge. I was there for a weekend and had to think about every move I made when trying to get around.

The front desk on Friday night was also not helpful in the least bit when we tried getting them to call us a cab. They put us on hold for 5 minutes and kept transferring us for something as simple as a cab. They then told us we had to come down to the lobby to get a cab.

Overall, though, I enjoyed my time there and would probably stay here again, but I would look into other hotels first.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EMC11715

Thank you for staying at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton while visiting beautiful Puerto Rico

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments about the A/C and the maids starting time, .and we will share with all parties involved. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here a week recently and we had a very nice stay. I have to say I used points from a credit card to cover the whole cost so I may have a different opinion if I had paid more than $200 a night. FYI - The daily resort fee was 16% of what you paid per nite. Found out at check out that ours must have been covered with the points that was very nice.

Upon check in, I requested a room with a full kitchen and the receptionist immediately took care of this - Very nice, and easy. (This is hurricane season so they probably can't be as accommodating during high season). At check out, there was no problem when I requested a 1pm check out - Very nice, and again, easy. (Again, hurricane season)

Our room (7211) had a great view of the lagoon and ocean from a nice balcony. I enjoyed being on the quiet side of the large hotel grounds and enjoyed watching the people in the lagoon and the view of the bridge into the Condado area. It is a short walk to the main hotel pools and beach area which we loved! The beach area is very nice. The sand could use a little more debris removal to be great, but we loved it nonetheless. Plenty of chairs, umbrellas, and things to do to stay occupied. Really liked jumping off the sun deck and the floating wooden platforms anchored in the water. Paddle boats where available as well as snuba and daily activities for kids and adults. There are no waves big enough to play in as the beach area is sort of back in a protected bay type setup. It was nice to take short night walks along the beach. There is a hammock area which is very relaxing and a walkway along the coast with sun chairs to lounge and be away from the crowd (if there is one). The walkway leads to small pier that quite enjoyable to stand on and stare out into nothing. Happy hour at the bar was 4-6/7ish, depending on who you ask, and the drinks where 5 bucks during this time (11 normally) ouch! Prices at the restaurants were really high by midwest standards, but I found this pretty typical everywhere in the tourist areas of Puerto Rico. Probably similar to New york city prices and other big cities that think they're special. Sorry. The Starbuck's in the lobby proved handy for my money blowing wife. There is a pay for laundry "room" in the lobby area behind an unmarked white door. Just ask. There is only one washer and one dryer, but it worked for me and I don't think many people know of it. There is a couple liquor stores and a Subway on what almost still seems like hotel grounds. I stocked up on my Medalla (Meh die ya) cerveza and took it to the beach in my bag in a soft cooler to save some money. The fitness center is really nice. Loaded with nice new machines, free weights, and cardio options.

Our one main issue - Humidity in the room. Something was up with this room. I realize Puerto Rico is humid, but our room had some kind of problem. Any paper that was in the room turned warped, damp and soggy. Wet clothes simply would not dry in the room and the sheets/pillows always felt kind of damp. There where signs of former mold and some visible mold in a couple spots and the room smelt of mildew. The ceiling fan blades where all drooping - looked funny - like a wilted flower. Despite this, I didn't really care. We kept the room at a nippy 65-68 degrees the whole week just to try and fight the humidity a little. A dehumidifier system in there is desperately needed and would more than pay for itself over time considering the damage that kind of humidity can cause.

Cabs were lined up just waiting for someone to ask the bellhop for one the whole time we were there. We took a cab to and/or from Old San Juan 3 times and were charged $12, $13, and $15 dollars the three different times. It's kind of fun placing bets on what the rate will be. Plan on $25 to and/or from the airport. There is a Hertz rent a car desk right in the lobby and there cars on in the parking garage on site. Pretty convenient, but a little more pricey than the Enterprise across the bridge into Condado. We walked to Old San Juan (30-40 mins at a decent pace). I would not recommend this walk at night as there are quite a few shady characters lurking around. That said, I was a little overaware on our walk, but we had no problems walking during the day.

We walked across the bridge a couple times to Condado. There is a Walgreens across the bridge and down the same road in what felt like maybe 2 miles. Wear sunscreen for this walk. Trust me. Saw a lot of runners on the bridge and the walkway on the other side of the lagoon also.

All in all, we really liked this hotel. I cannot vouch for rooms in the main hotel as I did not see any of them. You can tell it is an older, established hotel but this did not bother us at all. Very minor things here and there that could use a little attention - felt like home! People who say this hotel is outdated and rundown MUST have VERY high standards. We're more impressed with function than perfection and this hotel was everything we needed to have a wonderful time in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank falconfire

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments about the humidity seriously and do share with all parties involved. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

My girlfriends and I booked a JetBlue getaway for 4 nights. We reserved a room at the Caribe Hilton, but upon check-in, we were given a room in the Condado Villas. That was fine with us; both are right next to each other, you can use all the facilities at the Hilton, and we figured it would live up to the name. However, we came to discover a different story. After walking 10 minutes from the Hilton lobby to our room (gets tiring when you have to do it multiple times a day!), we walked in on a weird smell from the AC. The room was clean-ish... ceiling looked moldy, curtains had stains... clearly an older room. It had a small balcony overlooking the water, and you could see Condado in the distance so that was nice. Room had a mini fridge which was good but nothing else available in the kitchenette if you wanted to prepare your own meals there. Thus we were forced to oblige the resort by eating at their overpriced restaurants. Whatever you do, DON'T EAT AT THE ATLANTICO! The food was terrible and overpriced. Their turkey wraps are made with canned meat! Pina Colada Club wasn't too bad, and the bartender was cool.

So, what are the pros? Nice tropical garden on the resort with peacocks, swans, ducks, turkeys. The private beach is also convenient. It's small and very rocky, but if you want to just roll out of bed and lay on the beach, this is the perfect hotel for you. Tons of hammocks to lounge in and lots of wildlife to see (pelican, iguanas, lizards, crabs, fish, parrots). If you have any questions about where to go for dinner or fun, Maria is the BEST concierge. She pointed us in the right direction every time.

Cons? They have a swim-up bar (Atlantico) but drinks are overpriced and the water is not very clean. There is nothing within walking distance... some stores up the street but they are all overpriced (except for Subway). Breakfast was at Starbucks on the resort but the line was always so long. You can walk to Condado during the day (maybe a 15-20 minute walk?) but take a taxi back home at night. If you want to go to Old San Juan, you have to take a taxi too. It's not a long drive, but the fare adds up if you want to frequent the old city.

All in all, it's not a terrible hotel. Could definitely have its improvements, and now knowing how the rooms are at the Villas, I wish we had stayed at the actual Hilton hotel. Good for people who just want to hang at the beach all day and not travel far, but if you are looking for night life and exploration, this is not the hotel for you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank voxine
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I was expecting the Villas to be more stylish than tradition rooms. The view of the ocean is not achieved unless you call the lagoon view--ocean like. The staff was very helpful in offering me another room but after visiting that wing I realized 7928 was excellent. The fitness center, beach and pools were great.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a better view and less noise. Inquire to whether you will have an ocean view versus the lagoon view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved. Happy to know the amenities such as the fitness center and beach were up to your expectations. We hope to see you back in the near future.