“this is intended for the manager about the ocean view studios if they are really ocean view”

Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
montreal
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Hi,
I have been in the past (2yrs ago) to the caribe hilton and was pleasedwith everything as you can see by my detailed ratings but now I have booked the condado villa at caribe hilton. I booked a studio 2dbl beds and paid extra for the ocean view. My concern is if it will be a real ocean view of will it be a partial lagoon view with a blocked view of the atlantic by the next building. I have seen many reviews and pictures stating that they paid for ocean but did not get it.Is it easy to contact the manager to know exactly what room number we will get and floor number. Is this hotel accomodating for special requests or are we ignored and it just a waist of time to ask for a real ocean front view.I think my post will be of help for others wanting to know what they get exactly for what they pay. I found in my many travels it is sometimes hard to communicate with management prior to arrival and do hope this hotel lives up to the expectations one might have with the Hilton chain.

I am always glad to put in nice reviews when pleased or at least sense that a real effort to accomodate was made.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank moniquemiller
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for staying at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton while visiting beautiful Puerto Rico

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. I understand your concern about not getting a full and ocean view, however, we do not offer full ocean front rooms but will have a view of the ocean. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Vacaville, CA
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I booked a room at the Hilton through the travel agency at work. I was actually placed in the Condado Lagoon Villas. It's attached to the Hilton, but you have to walk through some long hallways to get there. The room was great, and the Villa's lobby had access to a great walking/jogging trail along the waterfront. The room has a little mini kitchenette, with fridge and sink, etc. There was a nice balcony, but no ocean view - it looked out on Condado. The pool and beach area are beautiful, and you are reasonably close to both Condado and Old San Juan. However, the restaurants in the hotel are pricy and the hotel bar prices are definitely resort pricing ($14 for a mojito!) Also, the TV in the room wasn't working when I arrived, although they came promptly and fixed it in 5 minutes.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved. We hope to see you back in the near future.
colorado springs, co
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Booked for day before a cruise. Not what we expected. We were in some high rise type building, which is definately different than the rest of the property. Our rooms were as far away as possible, thru some really weird corridors. If you didn't have a good sense of direction you could easily get lost. The rooms were clean, but ours was falling apart. Missing parts, broken door, etc. This is not what I expected when I booked at Hilton! The reception staff were great, but No I will not be staying at this property again.

Room Tip: Be careful where you are booked into.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tcfb
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and we are actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met.
I understand the cleanliness of your room was of concern and it will be shared with our Housekeeping staff to implement a corrective action plan.
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Booked this trip through Last Minute Vacations and got a tremendous deal. We were looking for a 4 night respite from the cold that would be easy to get to. Caribe Hilton is about A 15 minute cab ride from the airport. At checkin they had us booked into the tower but immediately moved us to the Villas when shown our paperwork. The difference-the Villas have queen beds, kitchen facilities and decks or patios; the hotel has double beds and a mini fridge. The gentleman who complained about desk closing(open from 7am-11am) must not have been able to handle picking up the phone for the front desk. Jesus and Delores were very prompt to handle any problems. Unfortunately the follow through, was very slow by the affected departments. However the the Front Desk Manager Charilyz, Got the problems corrected and credited our account and delivered wine ,cheese and candy to the room for our inconvenience. They definitely understood service recovery. We spent much of our time at the resort, enjoying the beach, pools and mojitos. Took a beach dive one day and was pleasantly surprised by the variety of fish though not much coral. The gym and the spa were very nice as well. Highly recommend dinner at the Lemongrass, a wonderful outdoor setting next to a tropical garden and pond with white and black swans, mulitple types of ducks/geese, turtles,iguanas and peacocks. Be sure to have a drink at the bar with the bar tender Eddie. His specialty is Dragon Mojitos..
The resort is a 10 minute cab ride to old San Juan, 15 minute work to the Condado. Would definitely stay here again. Of course the trip was made sweeter by missing the 30 inch snow blizzard at home!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mainetraveladdict
Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to respond to our questionnaire and we are delighted to know your stay was a pleasant one.

We thank you again for staying with us and would be thankful to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Well, nice hotel, nice view of the ocean. Great staff...but I was expecting a WHOLE lot more from this condo-hotel. The room are acceptable, but not what you expect for $389 a night plus taxes. After 11 pm, you won't have front desk service, so make sure to have everything's in order. If you ask me if I would stay here again, I will have to tell you that for half the price you will be staying on a better hotel. That's my opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tomas N
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 12 February 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments seriously. We hope to see you back in the near future.
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The hotel is in pleasant grounds within easy access of old San Juan by bus, taxi or a 30 minute walk.
Our room was spacious, extremely clean and the beds were excellent. There was a lap-top sized safe, fridge, microwave & coffee-maker. The reception staff (Dolores, Jesus & Omar) are professional, friendly and create a very welcoming atmosphere.
Housekeeping service is excellent, and a couple of minor issues (i.e broken light bulb) were dealt with very quickly.
Our package included breakfast in Las Palmeras restaurant, which we enjoyed. There is a good selection of fruit, cereals, pastries and even porridge (oatmeal). The Continental breakfast includes ready-made scrambled eggs, excellent bacon, pancakes & waffles. Made-to-order dishes are included in the dearer Buffet Breakfast, prepared by chefs who are very friendly.
The bad news:
One of the reasons we chose this hotel was the choice of dining venues, which is important as there are no other attractive restaurants within the immediate vicinity. However, we ate dinner once in El Giardino restaurant and it was truly awful (see separate restaurant review).
We asked to speak to the manager, but unfortunately he was not there, so we spoke to the Hilton Duty Manager, who explained that Las Palmeras restaurant is run by Hilton, but the others are independent. After this experience I looked at Trip Advisor reviews for the independents and they are not encouraging.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grafran

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved. Thank you for acknowledging our staff, I will share your comments with them.

I will also share your feedback with the Italian Restaurant management to ensure better service and experience. We hope to see you back in the near future.
St. Thomas
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Well, my friends and I all met up and went to Puerto Rico as we hadn't seen each other in years.

We rented a Suite. 1 bedroom + 1 Wall bed in living; along with 2 bath. 1 bedroom had a king bed, jacuzzi tub and balcony. The living room had a wall bed, full kitchen, and full bath with a shower. The space was VERY NICE... with the exception of STAINS in the light colored berber carbet.. that looked very nasty.

The only thing that annoyed us about this hotel is that one of my friends told a joke, one friend laughed at a medium volume and we got a complaint from the front desk! REALLY!!!!????
Then we turned on our TV to watch HGTV one night and the volume was only positioned at 1/4 of the total volume.... here comes another complaint! Turns out, there was a standard room right next to our suite and it was a family... I was very upset that we made a complaint of THEM making compalints! I know they only paid probably $209 a night and we certainly paid enough at $400 to have one 3 second laugh out loud!

Well, because of that I won't be back..... Only other Plus - STARBUCKS ON SITE!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SpectrumLuxury
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in your stay. We follow a standard procedure when we receive a noise complaint coming from a room. We apologized for the inconvenience for we were investigating a complaint from the room next to yours.
Regards,