“Bring extra money for food!”

Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Cleveland, Ohio
“Bring extra money for food!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I recently visited Puerto Rico and stayed at the Conado Lagoon Villas. The hotel grounds are lovely, a lot of stuff to do, places to eat, however, its mad expensive. My boyfriend and I spent over $50 for breakfast buffer for two one morning and on another morning we were being lazy and decided to order room service for breakfast, $60!!! I have never spent so much money on breakfast. The food wasnt bad, but not worth that much. We did visit Old San Juan, food is a little cheaper there, but unless you dont mind catching the bus, have extra money for cab fares! We had reserved an ocean view room, which we got, however, its not what you think. Its a small balcony for you to stand only! Dont think about sitting out there with your feet up...I am going back to PR soon and will probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JazzyMami2013
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your room recent stay at Condado lagoon Villas. I am sharing your comments with our Department heads and Food & beverage Director. While we do have king room with stand only balconies, we also offer other room options with full size balconies.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I could not have been more pleased with my relatively recent experience at this hotel. Its beach front location is hard to beat. The rooms are very nice and comfrortable and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The staff exceeds all expectations. They certainly go out of their way to ensure guest satisfaction. I hope to return to this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam B
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for staying at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton while visiting beautiful Puerto Rico

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property and we are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. Your comments are important to us for they help us improve and better understand you needs.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you back in the near future.
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed as a guest of someone else, so I did not have to check in or out. I didn't deal with the staff very much so I can't comment on them. Except for one of the front desk people, Jesus! He was so amazing, he gave us terrific recommendations for dinner. Racies in Old San Juan is where they had terrific Mofongo!
The grounds at the villas were so unexpected and wonderful! They had livestock roaming the grounds! We saw turkeys and chickens and swans! They also had a huge Koi pond as well. We saw some Iguana roaming the streets as well.
The rooms were so nice and we had a terrific view of the lagoon!
I will most definitely stay here again when I'm in the area!
Breakfast in the hotel is pretty expensive $17 for basic buffet. The little bar in the lagoon area was expensive as well, but expected for a nice hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank penguin4580
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 26 August 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property and we are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. Your comments help us improve our product and service and better understand the needs of our guests. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you back in the near future.
upper marlboro, md
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Why the Mixed Feelings? I have always liked the Caribe Hilton for the property, the pools, the restaurants, the lagoon beach and the activities. Unfortunately, the villas are in need of updating. And they really aren't villas. They are suites. We had a 1 bedroom with a king bed, a wall efficiency unit (sink, coffee maker, refrig) and a tiny balcony. The room was big, the bathroom small and as I had mentioned, needed updating. The carpet should have been replaced. The door to the balcony was broken, so we couldn't go out on the balcony.

Yet, I still would stay at the Caribe Hilton because of the pool, beach and other amenities. Just
maybe not at the Villas.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

Your feedback is important to us in order to better understand your need and where we can improve. We will share your comments with our Department Heads to address such issues.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your prompt return.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

WOW! This is the first word that comes to mind in describing this hotel, it's amenities, and above all, the service. From the GM Lemuel Gonzalez Marcano, to the Front Desk Staff (Jesus & Omar), Jody the Concierge, and the Housekeepers (Maria & Celia), this hotel rates an A+++++. We researched hotels online for days and chose this one for our first trip to PR. GREAT choice! From the moment we arrived for an 8 day stay, the service was incredible and the staff super nice and accomodating. Hotel is near the Condado corridor & within walking distance to many shops & restaurants. Our suite was gorgeous with an incredible view of San Geromino Fort and the ocean. Our needs were always met and we had a fabulous time. The GM is always on top of things making guests feel very VIP. He can be seen walking the grounds daily ensuring guests are happy campers. This hotel is huge, so any "disappointed" guest reviews could have been the result of not speaking up for whatever the need was as we were totally satisfied with the prompt response to any requests, whether for something as simple as extra towels, or for suggestions on where to go & how to get there. If you are looking to go to San Juan, you must seriously consider this hotel. It also has a wonderful Starbucks on site for coffee addicts like us. Finally, the various restaurants in the hotel are great with awesome food even though the prices (as expected) are "hotel prices" and thus a bit higher than venturing out to eat. Another great feature is the incredible area by the villas pool whereat you can find peacocks, ducks, iguanas, turkeys, and a koi pond with many huge and beautiful fish. Lots of daily activities for the kids too that are coordinated & supervised by hotel staff. Hands down - this is the place to stay on your next trip to San Juan. We have to commend GM Gonzalez Marcano for the excellent manner in which he runs this hotel. You will really enjoy your stay at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton.

Room Tip: The suites and villas from the 3rd floor up that overlook the ocean and the San Geromino Fort have t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teresita G
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for choosing the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while in our property. We are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. We strive to deliver great service and it is refreshing to read when that is achieved. I am most happy that our team members were also able to deliver the great customer service that had distinguished us for so many years. I will share your comments with them.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you in the near future.
Rancho Santa Margarita, California, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at this resort one night prior to a cruise we were taking out of San Juan. We had trouble finding a hotel that would accommodate five of us in a room, and out of sheer frustration (we have 3 children) we ended up booking two rooms at this resort, which was quite honestly expensive on our budget. When we got to the hotel, the check-in process was a little long and the hotel was a madhouse. It's a large property, and with the pre and post cruise traffic, I can understand the chaos. We simply waited on the couches and figured we'd get a room when they had one. We were happily surprised to see that they could accommodate us early (we'd arrived before noon!). I was under the impression that we had rooms at the Caribe Hilton, but instead they put us at the Lagoon Villas - which is quite a hike from the main hotel - and I was worried. As we walked through the halls to the rooms, you could see that parts of the hotel were being renovated and other parts NEEDED to be renovated, but once we got to our rooms and opened the door - they were beautiful, HUGE rooms that quite frankly could have easily accommodated rollaways, which annoys me because the website as well as the Hilton operator I spoke with told me in no uncertain terms that they could not allow rollaways. That's unfortunate when you have a family of five and want to say in the same room, and that's my big problem with islands like Puerto Rico and Hawaii - because they know families go there. In any case, we split up into two rooms for the one night, and had plenty of space including a little kitchenette type area. We spent our day at the pool, which was lovely, and ate lunch at the bar outside (not bad, although pricey). The beach/bay was beautiful as well. I don't know that we'll be back to Puerto Rico any time soon, but if we are, I'd like to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Lagoon Villas were really nice - don't let the appearance of the hallways fool you because t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank L8BarMom
Thank you for staying with us and for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations, however, local fire codes prohibit us from accommodating a roll away in rooms which already have 2 beds.

We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I checked in July 26- July 29. Check-In process was beyond horrible, the young lady working there seem like she did not want to be there so we requested to speak to the manager The Manager Lemuel Gonzalez is a poor excuse for management, beyond rude his attitude and demeanor is not towards helping guest,( as I read the reviews about the hotel he has a generic message that he sends to everyone who reveals the hidden truth about this hotel. Hilton needs to re-evaluate or conduct proper customer service training for its employee including upper management. The crazy thing is when we went to complain to other managers/employees one person advised that we complain and report his attitude because they were also disgusted with his behavior and attitude towards past guests and employees. One employee told us about a random survey that we may/may not receive and if we were to receive it to make sure we report his behavior. Coming from a company that ranks high in JD power awards for superb customer service I was so disappointed with the type of manager the Hilton would choose to represent their brand.There was mold spots on the bathroom walls. When we requested towels they were brought to us the next day almost 12 hours later. Talk about overprice, well lets just say that the word overprice is an understatement for the food and drinks.I had to make the best out of my stay however as long as LG Marcano is the manager over there I will not be recommending anyone. Hilton needs to hire the right managers and employees that are genuine about ensuring that their guest enjoy their time while staying there. Highly disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo