“Good, but not great”

Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
Ranked #26 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here over Christmas for five days. The service was amazing, the grounds, pool and beach area beautiful. The room? Eh, a little bland, but good-sized with a comfortable bed, refrigerator, and safe. We booked an ocean-view with balcony and when we arrived, it was a lagoon-view. After a discussion with customer service, they offered us a better room the next day. The balcony was small, but we didn't spend a lot of time there anyway. The hallways are rather open to the elements with only shutters and it was rainy, so there was often water in the hallways and on the stairs. Mostly, this was taken care of quickly. Agree with another poster that it needs some TLC. That said, we enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Should you end up with a view of the lagoon and wish to see the ocean, ask for a different room. Cus...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your room recent stay at Condado lagoon Villas. I am sharing your comments with our Department heads and Maintenance Director.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Poor service and value given price. Nice lobby and fitness center but other than that would never stay here again. Where to begin, minimal in-room amenities and my bed was not made properly (only a fitted sheet with a comforter).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Marysol N

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations.

We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Really nice grounds, well maintained, beach area & pools nice-clean, rooms good size & clean, staff was great; but this jewel needs to be polished, needs painting, updated furnishings, better food offerings on site, could have easily been excellent

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing the Condado Lagoon Villas, as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you your feedback with respect to your recent stay in our property, it helps us improve for future visitors.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Outstanding guest service. I will definitely be back. Annia our guest service was outstanding, very professional and helpful. Overall stay was very good and everyone on my team enjoyed the hotel and the service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gustavo T
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for staying at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton while visiting beautiful Puerto Rico

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property and we are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. Your comments help us improve our product and service and better understand the needs of our guests.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Came to Puerto Rico for business and chose this hotel because of Hilton name. Really didn't expect anything fancy, just clean and comfortable...it was a business trip. WOW....I drove up to the hotel and thought I was in the wrong place. The surroundings are beautiful....far more than I expected. I enjoyed this stay so very much. I plan to return with my husband and will most certainly stay at Caribe again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Regina G
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property and we are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. We strive to deliver a memorable experience, and it is great to read feedback like yours.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel was great! But the area around it did not look safe. If you are going and planing to stay at the hotel you will have a great time. The beach was great and I would go back just for that! The local people and police were not freindly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. Your comments help us improve our product and service and better understand the needs of our guests. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Overall its a nice property. Here are the things that you will like:
1) Located close to many of the things to do in old San Juan. 2)The beach that is annex to the hotel is great because it is secluded and is protected by a reef. 3)The rooms are spacious (don't get too excited until you read the cons list) 4)The lobby is open air. Beautiful concept. The garden host peacocks and other beautiful birds as well as fish. Worth experiencing! 5) The staff is generally friendly. Not uncommon to see a staff member go out of their way to accommodate they best they can. I can account for 3 different occasions during my stay. 6) Pool is nice place to relax, the beach is even better.

Here are the cons:

There seems to be a chronic issue with the cleanliness of the rooms. After we checked in on 3 different occasions we noted hair on the shower wall, sand in the sink, moldy food in the microwave... This was over the course of three rooms. Was changed over and over and while the staff was attentive to my complaints, I truly believe that the basic fundamentals in running a hotel are missing. A clean room is not a perk, its the expectation.

Breakfast is mediocre at best. The buffet has fruit, coffee, cereal, muffins and donuts that seem to be from a warehouse club. For $8 more you can eggs bacon and pancakes. Nothing worth writing home about. For another up charge you can go to another restaurant that has a better selection. But get ready to pay. Not cheap to stay or play. I did not have either lunch or dinner at the hotel. There is a Ruth's Chris on site, but you can get that stateside.

This hotel has the potential of being what it used to be. I remember when this hotel would have been a flagship for Hilton, but I cannot recommend this hotel until I knew that it changed how it operated mainly attentiveness to cleanliness. One time is a mistake, three dirty rooms in a row is a trend. Hilton is sitting on a jewel of a property, I hope to return one day after they refocus on fundamentals.

Room Tip: I would book in the towers as opposed to the villas. Last 2 nights we stayed there and they seemed...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Foodie_n_traveler
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your room recent stay at Condado lagoon Villas. I am sharing your comments with our Department heads and Food & beverage Director.

I apologize we did not meet your expectations and can assure you we strive t make your stay a memorable one. I am sorry we failed to do so.