“Best Spanish Food Ever!!!”

Panaderia Espana Reposteria
Ranked #39 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Spanish, Wine Bar, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Since our beginning in 1972 we strived to provide the best products to our new clients as well as to those that visit us on a regular basis. Even those travelers that during their brief stay in Puerto Rico, step out of the airport and visit us just to have a taste of the wonderfull things that they have heard of “La España”. Our menu is one that holds and respects an enormous tradition. From our daily baked bread to our coffee served hot every time. From our sandwiches made with the best products to that pastry that melts in your mouth. From that exquisite seafood paella, to that our very traditional galician soup. Many recepies come from past genetations and others we have given a personal twist, this way offering a unique product to those that enjoy our delicious variety. Our passion for quality is what drives us. We are in a constant lookout for better ingredients and products so we can always guarantee our best to every customer.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My group and I went here for lunch one day it was a short walk from where we were staying. There was so much to chose from. I didn't know what to order nor did I know what anything was. So when I went to the counter to place my order luckily the person waiting on me spoke English and told me what everything was so many decisions so little time. I picked one of the specials for that day, can'r remember what it was but I what I do remember is that it was good and I got a lot of it!!! It came with fried plantains, rice and beans.

A friend of mine got the bean soup and it was really good! To much food for one person so I took the leftover back with me. I also grabbed some dessert (cheesecake) on the way out it was also good. Everyone was really nice and help even though our English was not that great.
When I am back in the area this will be one of the stops that I do make!

1  Thank Spacityb

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

What you dream of eating they prepared it for you! From mall orcas,paella,caldo gallego, fabada, cubano, croquetas, quesitos stuffed with cheese and guava the list have no end. So good !!

1  Thank vive5
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a Spanish owned bakery so you get both Puerto Rican food and Spanish based food which is well integrated into the Puerto Rican cuisine. Try the Caldo Gallego - a soup from Spain, but very typical in Puerto Rico. It is excellent and is accompanied by toasted garlic bread. They also have a good lava soup. The sandwiches are excellent and large. My favorite is the Media Noche (midnight sandwich) which is served on a yellowish colored roll and has pork, ham, and swiss cheese along with mustard and pickles. The pastries are great including the quesitos, flan, and bread pudding. You can't go wrong here due to the variety.

1  Thank chrisvega123
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Everytime I go to Puerto Rico, I always come here for breakfast. Un sandwhich cubano with a freshly squeezed orange juice please! Fast and friendly atmosphere. As you eat you cant help but to look at the 3 long "vitrinas" showcases packed with mouth watering pastries. Onlyvthing on my mind is what im gonna order next. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a great stop. It's clean friendly and helpful. The crowd is awesome. The menu is in Spanish but so far everyone speaks some English. Food is sooooo fabulous. Get the roast beef sandwich