“Vacation with daughter to Puerto Rico”
other travellers have booked this property
kitchen Bedroom
kitchen
Bedroom
Bathroom
Entrance to the apartment
Calle Sol , in the residential area of Old San Juan is walking distance to every point of interest
Calle Tanca , good food and good music on the weekends
The beautiful oceanfront, a block away from our home
The walls of Fort San Cristóbal, a short walk away , a spectacular view of the ocean
A walk to El Morro is 10 minutes. You can also take the trolley.
El Escambrón beach is a spectacular 30 minute  walk by the ocean. 10 minutes by car, bicycle trail.
My favorite tree at El Escambrón beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Darlene R
Houston, Texas, United States
“Vacation with daughter to Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

I truly loved it!!!!!!! The place was excellent the location couldn't ask for better. I slept like an angel so peaceful and nice the place was a true comfortable nice cozy apartment. Everything worked great all applicances nice hot water in the shower all I needed was a massage. I rented a car and this place as a blessing had accommodation for the car not that I needed to drive cause everything is whit in walking distance. There is a trolley you can catch just by crossing the street which took us all over, we walked to the ferry for .50cents to get to the Bacardi plant that was awesome. The restaurants were all reasonable priced, still it was a tourist area.so language it not a problem if you don't know Spanish I know Spanish but didn't even need to use it everyone spoke English.
Great vacation and looking so much forward to going back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location, excellent
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Jul 2013
Thank you so much to take the time to write a great review for our place! I would also like to thank you for reviewing beautiful Old San Juan. You and your family were such nice guests! Maria
JJess007
Cozumel, Mexico
“Do Your Research First”
Reviewed 2 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this one bedroom apt for 8 days the first week in March. If the bad issues and experiences out-weight the good then I have to say I would not recommend this location. Entirely my personal reasons which I will explain. Although the apt was roomy, clean and comfortable I was not pleased with the location. I was planning on going fishing, snorkeling, maybe rent jet ski, a lot of swimming. NOT in Old San Juan. It is a complete and total tourist trap. There are no beaches near by, No Marina near by except for cruise ships where swimming or small boats are not permitted. This apt. like most of the apts here are located on the north side of Old San Juan which is on top of a hill. All restaurants and shops are on the south part of Old San Juan and you have to walk dn Hill and UP Hill all day. There is a free Trolley car but you still have to walk to the stops and it stops operating at sundown so Dinner time means walking. Everyone one drives a car and not small cars and the streets are so narrow that only 1 can be accommodated. No rental cars are available without reservations. Traffic jams are common. The Trolley takes you to the main Bus terminal and you can catch a Bus to Condando to some beaches on the Atlantic but not to the South side on the Caribbean where the water is calmer and clearer. I had planned to research the area upon arriving but the apartments Wi-Fi would not connect. Remember it is not in-expensive to Live here like you might have experienced in other part vacation destinations, especially in Old San Juan where prices are "tourist priced". There are small islands located on the Southeastern Part of Puerto Rico where all the things I wanted to do are available but this location is not accessible from Old San Juan. All in all, I did enjoy my time here but did not get all the benefits and enjoyment I had planned for. Well next time I will just do a more detailed research of the location.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The place was clean and roomy.
Liked least: Location, no Wi-Fi internet
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
ronstas
Philipsburg, St Martin / St Maarten
“The ugly truth”
Reviewed 27 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011
people found this review helpful

We rented the appartment on the right side of the main entrance. The appartment has the potential, of being a basic pleasant stay for tourists, but at the moment that is not the case.
The appartment has two large problems:
1. It has a terrible moist smell, a musty odor, caused by severe wet walls. The moist effects basically everything in the kitchen, the sleepingroom and the bathroom. They fixed the problem a bit in the past by overpainting, but the problem is not solved. The problem causes the bedlinen to be moist, the bathroom to be rusty, the cabinets in the kitchen to fall apart.
It is very bad, unhealthy and unlivable.
2. The furniture is out dated. The qualtiy is not worth to be used in a rental business.
The owner charges a 50$ fee for cleaning. The appartment was not clean. It had dust and spiderwebs. The owner is very keen on the money but not on the quality of her business.
The whole product is overpriced and should be out of business as soon as possible.
The appartment must be renovated completely.

Liked best: The location in old San Juan
Liked least: The very bad quality
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
27 Nov 2011
I’d like to explain a few things, as clarification. Old San Juan is precisely that: old. The walls of our house were built by the Spaniards over 200 years ago. They were built with bricks made of clay to keep the humidity in and the heat out, as there was no air conditioning or electric fans in the 1800’s. When it rains excessively, as it has this year, there is not enough sun for the bricks to dry and the walls feel moist. It’s the way the houses on this city are, and it’s actually quite a welcome relief to the heat endured in modern structures.

Even though there is always space to upgrade the apartment, I must object to the words “unhealthy” and “unlivable”, since they’re extremely harsh and definitely not accurate. Also, I’m very surprised to hear you say it was dirty when you checked in, as I inspected it myself and nobody mentioned it, or complained.

Even though you did not pay your balance upon arrival, as agreed beforehand in the reservation process, I was courteous and nice when I did ask for payment just before you left, so I’m a bit confused with your comment that I was “very keen on the money”, since this is a business, and we do need to charge for services rendered.

We work on the apartments constantly to keep them up-to-date, and are very sorry you didn’t feel comfortable during your stay. For a future occasion, I’d advise you to bring up your concerns during the beginning of your stay, to give the renter the opportunity to manage the issues as soon as possible. We hope you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city, regardless.
LJK67
Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely perfect.”
Reviewed 1 October 2011 for a stay in April 2011

I stayed in one of the apartments in April of this year.
The location is fantastic, and everything you need is
there - and if it isn't, Maria was fantastic & helpful.
It had a desk space in the living room, a kitchen and
separate bath.

In July I rented the other apartment - which is smaller
[with less hot water & no desk / work area except the
kitchen table - which is in the living room] but oddly the
same price as the other!
Regardless, it was charming and did the trick for me -
and again, Maria went above and beyond - another
great stay. ;-) I cannot wait to return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location!
Liked least: Spotty wi-fi :(
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
LouisCarr...
Rochester Hills, MI
“Nice, affordable location in Old San Juan”
Reviewed 27 August 2011 for a stay in March 2011

This place is located within easy walking distance to all places of interest in Old San Juan. Security was not a problem. Owners were pleasant and readily available as they live upstairs. There is tight parking for a car but you really do not need a car in Old San Juan; better to walk or take a taxi.

The apartment is adequate but a little dark and more spartan than the photographs suggest. The wi-fi did not function in the apt. but we were able to get a faint signal outside sometimes. Kitchen was not ideal for cooking, e.g. old, barely functioning ddouble hot plate instead of a stove. Ceiling fan was not working in the living area.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Kitchen
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Aug 2011
Thank you for your review. It is certainly helpful when people tell us what is not working, since we don’t stay in the apartments ourselves.

We furnished our apartments thinking about the tourist on a budget, so we try to keep it simple. We make it clean, comfortable and functional, but it has no luxuries whatsoever, since that would make it too expensive.

The only extra we do have is the parking space, which for us Sanjuaneros is a godsend. Even though in Old San Juan everything is within walking distance, many of our guests rent a car to explore the island. Believe me, coming back from El Yunque rain forest to drive around the city during an hour looking for a parking space is not fun.

I apologize for whatever was not to your satisfaction and only wish you had let us know while you were here so we could have fixed it during your stay. The hotplate has been replaced, but you don’t say what was wrong with the ceiling fan; it seems to be in perfect working condition. Maria
GenieMont...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gem !!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2011 for a stay in January 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed at this apt. on our last visit to Puerto Rico ! The apt. is cozy and very confortable. The owners are helpful and charming! We will be staying there again soon!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
MonaMe1
NSB,Florida
“Clean And Comfortable !!”
Reviewed 5 January 2011 for a stay in December 2010

My husband and I have been to P.R. many times, But never stayed in Old San Juan. We loved it if we go back to P.R. This where we went to stay. We felt very much at home The apt was clean , cozy and no BUGS!!! The parking right in front was a gem !! Thanks for being so kind Maria and Ramon.

Rooms Location
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range I prefer not to answer
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing