“convenient place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
The bedroom has a full size bed and air conditioning
Bathroom Calle Sol , in the residential area of Old San Juan is walking distance to every point of interest
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bathroom
Calle Tanca , good food and good music on the weekends
The beautiful oceanfront, a block away from our home
The walls of Fort San Cristóbal, a short walk away , a spectacular view of the ocean
A walk to El Morro is 10 minutes. You can also take the trolley.
El Escambrón beach is a spectacular 30 minute  walk by the ocean. 10 minutes by car, bicycle trail.
My favorite tree at El Escambrón beach
The living room has a ceiling fan and a futon
The kitchen has a microwave, toaster, coffee makers and a two burner stove
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jana S
Athens, Georgia, United States
“convenient place to stay”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Pros: This is off a main road, in a residential area. Walk to the end of the block and you are at one of the old forts. Trolley stops there also. Walk the other way and their are several food/drink establishments. A few blocks over and down is the grocery . Yes it's hilly, but we walked all over that place. It's nice to have a base that you can come back to for bathroom or drop off things or take a break if it rains. Fridge, microwave, coffee pot, hot plate. It's not fancy. Think of it as going to stay at a relatives house. Yes there's some paint missing or such. It makes it more real. There is air conditioning in the bed room , but the open air design of the house made it where we turned on a ceiling fan and had the louvers open. Owner and family very nice. Cons: It is across from the school and it is residential. I live in the country, so city noises awaken me easily. It was usually quiet from 11pm to 6am. But there would be the occasional loud talker and the workers start early and the kids are at the school early. If there is anything going on in the courtyard, the bedroom is noisy.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The easy of getting there and to other places of intrest
Liked least: City noises
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
pamelaben
Easley, South Carolina
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 23 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

This is perfect you have private parking ,great location your close to the restaurants, shopping beach, very good area to stay in, the owners are the nicest people, i gave been staying here every year for the last 6 years,, have not had a bad experience yet,

24 Apr 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review us! you are a great guest and I love hosting you. Maria
VA
Reviewed 13 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
13 Dec 2013
Hi, Elmy: Thank you for taking the time to write a great and accurate review! I couldn't have described our apartment and our neighborhood better. Isn't Old San Juan great? I hope to welcome you back soon to our home and our community. Maria
WI
Reviewed 23 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
23 Aug 2013
Thank you, Kelly, Joel for your great review! We love it when guests give details of the neighborhood, because it is definitely part of the experience of staying with us. We hope to see you back. Maria
Darlene R
Houston, Texas, United States
“Vacation with daughter to Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

I truly loved it!!!!!!! The place was excellent the location couldn't ask for better. I slept like an angel so peaceful and nice the place was a true comfortable nice cozy apartment. Everything worked great all applicances nice hot water in the shower all I needed was a massage. I rented a car and this place as a blessing had accommodation for the car not that I needed to drive cause everything is whit in walking distance. There is a trolley you can catch just by crossing the street which took us all over, we walked to the ferry for .50cents to get to the Bacardi plant that was awesome. The restaurants were all reasonable priced, still it was a tourist area.so language it not a problem if you don't know Spanish I know Spanish but didn't even need to use it everyone spoke English.
Great vacation and looking so much forward to going back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location, excellent
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Jul 2013
Thank you so much to take the time to write a great review for our place! I would also like to thank you for reviewing beautiful Old San Juan. You and your family were such nice guests! Maria
JJess007
Cozumel, Mexico
“Do Your Research First”
Reviewed 2 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this one bedroom apt for 8 days the first week in March. If the bad issues and experiences out-weight the good then I have to say I would not recommend this location. Entirely my personal reasons which I will explain. Although the apt was roomy, clean and comfortable I was not pleased with the location. I was planning on going fishing, snorkeling, maybe rent jet ski, a lot of swimming. NOT in Old San Juan. It is a complete and total tourist trap. There are no beaches near by, No Marina near by except for cruise ships where swimming or small boats are not permitted. This apt. like most of the apts here are located on the north side of Old San Juan which is on top of a hill. All restaurants and shops are on the south part of Old San Juan and you have to walk dn Hill and UP Hill all day. There is a free Trolley car but you still have to walk to the stops and it stops operating at sundown so Dinner time means walking. Everyone one drives a car and not small cars and the streets are so narrow that only 1 can be accommodated. No rental cars are available without reservations. Traffic jams are common. The Trolley takes you to the main Bus terminal and you can catch a Bus to Condando to some beaches on the Atlantic but not to the South side on the Caribbean where the water is calmer and clearer. I had planned to research the area upon arriving but the apartments Wi-Fi would not connect. Remember it is not in-expensive to Live here like you might have experienced in other part vacation destinations, especially in Old San Juan where prices are "tourist priced". There are small islands located on the Southeastern Part of Puerto Rico where all the things I wanted to do are available but this location is not accessible from Old San Juan. All in all, I did enjoy my time here but did not get all the benefits and enjoyment I had planned for. Well next time I will just do a more detailed research of the location.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The place was clean and roomy.
Liked least: Location, no Wi-Fi internet
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
ronstas
Philipsburg, St Martin / St Maarten
“The ugly truth”
Reviewed 27 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011
people found this review helpful

We rented the appartment on the right side of the main entrance. The appartment has the potential, of being a basic pleasant stay for tourists, but at the moment that is not the case.
The appartment has two large problems:
1. It has a terrible moist smell, a musty odor, caused by severe wet walls. The moist effects basically everything in the kitchen, the sleepingroom and the bathroom. They fixed the problem a bit in the past by overpainting, but the problem is not solved. The problem causes the bedlinen to be moist, the bathroom to be rusty, the cabinets in the kitchen to fall apart.
It is very bad, unhealthy and unlivable.
2. The furniture is out dated. The qualtiy is not worth to be used in a rental business.
The owner charges a 50$ fee for cleaning. The appartment was not clean. It had dust and spiderwebs. The owner is very keen on the money but not on the quality of her business.
The whole product is overpriced and should be out of business as soon as possible.
The appartment must be renovated completely.

Liked best: The location in old San Juan
Liked least: The very bad quality
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Nov 2011
I’d like to explain a few things, as clarification. Old San Juan is precisely that: old. The walls of our house were built by the Spaniards over 200 years ago. They were built with bricks made of clay to keep the humidity in and the heat out, as there was no air conditioning or electric fans in the 1800’s. When it rains excessively, as it has this year, there is not enough sun for the bricks to dry and the walls feel moist. It’s the way the houses on this city are, and it’s actually quite a welcome relief to the heat endured in modern structures.

Even though there is always space to upgrade the apartment, I must object to the words “unhealthy” and “unlivable”, since they’re extremely harsh and definitely not accurate. Also, I’m very surprised to hear you say it was dirty when you checked in, as I inspected it myself and nobody mentioned it, or complained.

Even though you did not pay your balance upon arrival, as agreed beforehand in the reservation process, I was courteous and nice when I did ask for payment just before you left, so I’m a bit confused with your comment that I was “very keen on the money”, since this is a business, and we do need to charge for services rendered.

We work on the apartments constantly to keep them up-to-date, and are very sorry you didn’t feel comfortable during your stay. For a future occasion, I’d advise you to bring up your concerns during the beginning of your stay, to give the renter the opportunity to manage the issues as soon as possible. We hope you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city, regardless.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing