“Nice Location, but needs more friendly staff”
Review of Latin Star

Latin Star
Ranked #776 of 1,034 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b144586-San_Juan-Latin_Star.html
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice Location, but needs more friendly staff”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Wonderful location on Ashford avenue but........ We stopped in for breakfast one morning in March 2014, found the food less than desirable and it was almost like we were bothering the waitress. She did not speak English so we managed to point out from the menu what we wanted, when asked for a coffee refill she brought me another cup of oily coffee and charged me for another cup. We just had porridge and fruit but it cost me almost $20. Was not impressed with the food or staff.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TimWinnipeg_Canada

• Finnish first
New York City, New York
“Good Mofongo”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent menu-I ate here twice. The shrimp mofongo was so good I brought my friends here for lunch. There's something for everyone but dont try to order something thats not on the menu. Authentic PR food.

1 Thank winelover11
Wilmington, Delaware
“Get the Mofongo”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This restaurant is a diner- I think open 24 hrs. They had a good selection of food and the mofongo was delicious!!

Visited March 2014
NYC
“My Favorite Restaurant!!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This has to be my favorite restaurant, With and indoor and outdoor seating area. Great Staff that is very attentive, Breakfast is great with a cup of Cafe con Leche!. Lunch is delicious !! My favorite is Black beans , rice , with Baked chicken!!!! I dare you to try a Long Island Ice Tea , its very potent!!! If you have have dinner here you wont be dissapointed. Good Food for the money!!! Love it!

• Visited February 2014
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Good “local” food, but “tourist trap” feelings”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had diner a few years ago here and had a wonderful Paella. We decided to go back again this trip but ordered different meals. The service and attitude are very oriented toward the feelings of a tourist trap, in the way that they are already trying to lure you inside while you are still walking on the sidewalk.. Fakes dishes are exposed on tables right on the street, a lady with traditional costumes is distributing flyers and trying to push you inside the restaurant generally with the assistance of one waiter who run to her “rescue”…. Otherwise the food is good but pricey, for what it is… When ordering wine the waiter tells you to wait because they don’t have the ones on the wine list. So he goes in the back to a fridge and bring back 3 different bottle on the table to show us what is available. Then a 4th bottle shows up as a guy (maybe the owner..) sat at another table with friend observe the action and go to the fridge also pick up another bottle and send the waiter to our table with it. Then you need to ask to the price, even if the guy is telling you that you need to order “this one because this one is very very good”. You realize afterward that it is a $75 bottle… all the others except one are $50 and the last one, which is a basic table wine available in Walgreen next door is $24. That’s what I mean by “tourist trap feelings…
If I would go back? I don’t know.. I am not sure. Certainly much better around and next door.

• Visited March 2014