“Terrible”

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here New Year's eve, and the food and service was really bad. This was by far the worst place we had a meal. The food was as bad as the service save yourself the time and money go somewhere else.

4  Thank satrosper

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We landed late in Puerto Rico and were looking for something authentic to start our trip off. After walking the street filled with many different ethnic restaurants (only a few were called Puerto Rican) we settled on Latin Star because it looked family friendly and like it wouldn't break our piggy bank. Turns out we were half right. The food was pretty good, the menu was diverse, and the atmosphere was casual and relaxing. Until we looked at the prices. We had a taco and two small bowls of rice (with a handful of chicken and two slices of fried plantain) with water. Our bill was $39. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant.

2  Thank DanPauEli
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were staying in Condado for a few days pre-cruise, and had walked past this restaurant a couple of times. So we gave it a try.

The food is not as good as the photos, and the presentation is not like the isplayed dishes on a table at the door.
Service was very slow, and mostly off-hand. It seemed that they couldn't care if they had customers or not!
Why pay a service charge/gratuity for poor service?

Certainly we would not try this restaurant again, nor recommend to anyone else.

3  Thank AnnieMG
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I loved it! Get the Cubano Sandwich...also the best ceviche in San Juan!! The staff is friendly and knowledgeable!

1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Decided to eat at this place after passing it several times during my stay. Absolute worst mistake of my life. They charged me 80 bucks for a snapper that was supposed to be grilled and was fried. When I complained about the price they looked at me like they couldn't understand. When I picked up my phone to make a call magically the price went to 50 dollars. Was still too high but didn't have the time to argue with them. Don't go to this place. It's the pits.

5  Thank Kmorris1117