“" Puerto Rican hospitality at it's best!"”
Review of Casa Los Cummins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Juan
Casa Los Cummins
Ranked #9 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We came to Puerto Rico to experience the warm breezes, Latin culture, and natural beauty of the island. Planning our first visit required many decisions, but none more important to it's success was our decision to stay at Casa Castellana! Nestled on a quiet street in central Condado, it is close to the restaurant and shops on bustling Ashford Avenue and convenient to bus transportation into Old San Juan. This lovely home with it's period furniture, marble floors and stained glass windows recalls the classic style of it's Spanish past. The rooms are clean and comfortable ... complete with wifi and flat screen television. The breakfast on the third floor roof top terrace is an experience not to be missed.

Owner Natalia Vidal Castellana , hostess, concierge and cook rolled into one, is committed to making each guest feel at home. She loves Puerto Rico, her native land, and wants to share it with her guests. Her help in exploring the island was invaluable to us. Now that we are home, we miss Puerto Rico .... and Natalia. We look forward to our return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Toledo Room which offers a gated private space for a compact car.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily and David G

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We loved staying here with Natalia, David, Suki, Nina, & Lily. We felt right at home and we are still dreaming about the delicious breakfasts we ate with the most amazing fresh fruit. The location was convenient and we can't wait to return.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I was planning a trip to San Juan, found the hotel prices horrific, and began to look into B&Bs. This one caught my eye and I was able to book because of the horrendous weather on the east coast forcing cancellations. Well, their misfortune was certainly my good luck. What a wonderful find.

Natalia has a lovely spot here, close to "happenin' Condado shops and bars and restaurants but on a quiet neighborhood street.

I stayed in the Grenada room which is the least expensive and only room without an attached bath. It was just fine, and - guess what - I have to cross the hall to get to the bathroom in my house too! Plus they supply a lovely bathrobe to do it in.

The breakfast was splendid, the top floor open air dining room and terrace was lovely - I spent a quiet midday there using the wifi to catch up on paperwork.

I have no idea if I will ever have the opportunity to come to Puerto Rico again. But if I do, I know where I will want to stay!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lukas F
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Not only are the rooms most comfortable, but the roof breakfast/reading area is a delight. The management is knowledgeable, friendly, and cooks to perfection. This is more than a bargain, it is a delight. One more most important factor if you go to the Performing Arts Center, Casa Castellana is within easy walking distance. You can't go wrong if you stay here.

Room Tip: Give yourselves plenty of time to book, this place is now discovered.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron G
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was our third stay at Casa Castellana, and it was like staying with family--with great breakfasts provided. Natalia and Nina are wonderful hosts. The location is fantastic, on a relatively quiet residential street yet only blocks from Ashford Avenue, walking distance to the Art Museum, Mercado in Santurce, and the Condado beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluestocking78
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I can't say enough about how welcoming and kind Nina and Natalia are. From my first contact with Natalia by email, I knew I wanted to stay at Casa Castellana. After confirming our reservation, Natalia sent a wealth of information about taxis, tours guides, and walking tours. Upon our arrival, Nina was kind, generous, and attentive. Throughout our stay both ladies arranged taxis, tours, and made numerous recommendations for dinner locations, etc. This B & B has a great location on Condado Beach. We were within walking distance of the beach, great restaurants, Starbucks, pharmacy, and small shops. Old San Juan was close, maybe five minutes by cab, and about 15-20 minutes to the airport. The breakfast was AMAZING, the best I have had at a B & B. (I would have loved to have spent more time on the rooftop, so comfortable and relaxing!) My only disappointment was that our flight left early morning and we were not able to enjoy a second breakfast! Thank you Nina and Natalia for your part in making our visit to San Juan so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We had three adult ladies in the Toledo room and it was a bit cramped. It was comfortable, just had...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We loved our two night stay with Nina, Natalia, and the new puppy, Suki. Talk about feeling right at home! My husband's favorite part was getting puppy kisses each day from Natalia's new Havenese puppy. Mine was sitting upstairs for the afternoon (while my husband toured the Bacardi Rum Factory) in the gorgeous, open family room and veranda. I also enjoyed walking to the beach four or five blocks away and seeing the high-rise hotels there and being thankful that I had chosen Casa Castellana over any of them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple