“Feels like a stay with friends”

Casa Castellana Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 28 San Juan B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Feels like a stay with friends”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We just returned home from a 4 night stay and are already planning on returning. Natalia was an amazing host and makes you feel at home the minute you walk in the door. The house is beautiful and our room (Toledo) was very comfortable. The open terrace on the 3rd floor is amazing, and we spent our evenings up there relaxing and listening to the coqui. The breakfasts were great, and always included a great variety of local fruit (I had guanabana and for the first time!). The beach is a short 5-10 minute walk from the house, along with a main road filled with restaurants, bars and drug stores, in case you need anything. We were worried about parking since we rented a van for our group, but Natalia made her gated driveway available to us, which was a HUGE help. On our last night, we decided to grill using the barbecue on the terrace and Natalia went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed to cook dinner. It really felt like a stay with friends or family, and we can't wait to come back. Also, she has a impossibly cute dog (Suki), that you'll want to take home with you:)

Room Tip: The Toledo room on the ground floor is very comfortable and has a private entrance, but a small amou...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed here for 5 days in March 2014. We booked the Cordoba and Escalona rooms. Beds were very comfortable and each room had it's own balcony, which we admittedly didn't use because we spent most of our nights up on the 3rd floor terrace. We were greeted by Melissa on our 1st day and she provided us with a lot of information and history of San Juan while we relaxed and enjoyed coffee before breakfast. Natalia was out of town so we tried to pay as much attention to her "baby", Suki, the most adorable 5 month old Havanese puppy. Nina was a delight and very informative, directing us to the local markets for shopping. We are all dog people, so having Suki and Lily around was a little like home. Breakfast each day was great. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.
Tony, Michelle, Ken and Michelle

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle T
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I suddenly found a three day opportunity to visit my family in San Juan and observe first hand the education my grandchildren were receiving at an excellent school they were attending for two months. Tripadvisor reviews speeded me to calling Natalia at Casa Castellana. Hurried and an octogenarian, I was particularly fortunate to have her kindness and eagerness to be helpful so easily accessible during my stay. Moreover, Natalia provided the best solutions to my every request for information and return flight arrangements. Indeed my stay in San Juan and at Casa Castallana was thoroughly enjoyable. The variety of room accommodations and the excellent, leisurely breakfasts allowed me to enjoy some extra time with my children after first walking my grands to school from their home, a sailboat.

Room Tip: Call Natalia ahead for details on the variety of accommodations, No two rooms are alike, and at le...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Where else can you get such impeccable service?! My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 9th anniversary. Even before we arrived, we recieved emails filled with tips on what to do and where to go while in Puerto Rico, which greatly helped us plan our first trip there! It was like having our own concierge! The owner mentioned her love of Puerto Rico, her passion was evident in her endless knowledge of directions, parking, and places to eat! The location was perfect, too. We were able to walk to restaurants and the beach in the neighborhood. We rented a car, but always found a parking space when we returned. Our room was clean and cool and the bed comfortable. I alreadly miss those breakfasts outside on the terrace, so relaxing and the fresh fruit and homemade breakfasts so delicious. I miss you, Casa Castellana!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Toledo room, mainly because we rented a car and the website mentioned a parking spa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family and I rented the entire 4 bedroom B&B for three days in March 2014. It is a lovely B&B, in a beautiful historic home, that is conveniently located in Condado neighborhood. We so enjoyed the roof top terrace each morning for a scrumptious breakfast. Natalia is a delightful host who goes out of her way to make your stay enjoyable. She was incredibly warm and attentive, helping accommodate various members of our party who arrived (and departed) at different times. She helped arrange taxis, connected us to a good El Yunque tour guide, and found us a great rental car company that met our specific needs. She really made the trip so much easier and more enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at Casa Castellana as my second stop due to another B&B overbooking issues; but my experience here was amazing! The reviews given are right on the spot as this is one of the most beautiful, cleanest and comfortable places I've ever stayed in. The Escalona room was very nice and the bed was terrific. The service by the staff is impeccable and friendly. It is clear that Natalia has a true commitment in making guests feel at home and even clearer that this comes from her heart and passion. In short, I will definitely return and strongly recommend Casa Castellana!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank NPerezcm
Metro Washington DC
Reviewed 11 March 2014

​Beautiful, quiet, clean old home near Old San Juan. Very friendly and helpful hosts ready to recommend restaurants and things to do. Breakfast served on rooftop terrace, was best breakfast we had during our 2 week trip. We stayed in the Cordoba Master Suite, beautiful, spacious with a step down shower. A perfect retreat after walking around Old San Juan.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends