My husband and I had a delightful stay with Natalia & staff at Casa Castellana from July 9 - July 15. The house is in a perfect location about 5 minutes drive to Old San Juan and the airport, 5-minute walk to the Santurce Plazita ( super restaurants, live traditional music), 2 blocks from the Condado area and a nice beach. Casa C. is completely gated so we did not once feel unsafe. It is an elegant, beautiful property, gorgeous stained glass everywhere, tiled floors, impeccably furnished. Casa Castellana is extremely clean. I didn't once see so much as a hair or dust bunny anywhere in the place. Housekeeping comes daily.
We stayed in the charming Toledo Room, the only room that is on the bottom floor, and has its own entrance / parking space. Huge closet with small bureau, nice bathroom with good shower.
Comfy bed, soft linens and nice towels.
Breakfasts were fantastic with a tropical fruit-toast-cake-sausage buffet followed by an egg dish of some kind (omelets, French toast using Natalia's family recipe, pancakes + side of bacon/ham, cooked fresh when you are enjoying your continental appetizers! Breakfast is served on the inviting, open air third floor terrace.
Natalia is absolutely the hostess with the most-est. She helped me out with a million questions beforehand, and shared so much more info when we got there. She instantly makes you feel comfortable and excited to go to all the places she suggests! Leaving Casa Castellana felt like leaving a dear friend's house.
Here's a good example of how Natalia really wants to help her guests. She worked tirelessly for 2 days trying to get us on a Biobay tour. Finally, she suggested we just go there and see if anyone cancelled. Great advice. We found an outfit, Eco Action Tours, that just had 4 cancellations. WE literally walked up, paid, got our life jackets and got in the kayaks within 20 minutes of arriving in Fajardo!
It seems like the best housing options attract the nicest clientele too. Certainly true of Casa Castellana. We met some great folks around the breakfast buffet. Everyone was there appreciating the privilege of being in a such a peaceful and beautiful home.
I considered just about every property that was NOT a big resort or hotel before choosing Casa Castellana. I wanted an "authentic" experience, a fairly small property, close to OSJ, served breakfast, and someplace we would feel safe and comfortable. Casa Castellana exceeded our expectations.
Having said all this, Casa Castellana is not for everyone. If you are looking to hang around with a thousand tourists, 5 pools, room service, in a highly stylized environment that has more to do with making Americans comfortable than creating a real experience, do not choose Casa Castellana.
On the other hand, if you want to stay in an extremely clean and well-furnished, small B and B in a well-situated and safe neighborhood, have great breakfasts and conversations every morning, get pampered by the owner/concierge/PR expert, Natalia, enjoy her dog, Suki, and just unwind in a calming environment, sign up immediately! We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The CASA CASTELLANA BED AND BREAKFAST INN is a Spanish Colonial style home from the 1920’s. It is also the home of the owners, who welcome their guests. Our five rooms are named after famous Spanish cities and are furnished in different styles. A feeling of warmth and comfort are apparent in every room as are attention to detail and high quality furnishings. Our surroundings are unique, and we offer guidance to our guests. We are available 24/7 to ensure that our guests have a great time while visiting Puerto Rico and discovering its cultural history, hospitable nature, and natural resources. A full breakfast is served on the first floor: it includes a buffet of tropical fruits, cheeses, Spanish sausages, local pastries, followed with fresh orange juice, local gourmet coffee and eggs any style. As one of our guest remarked: "TO EXPERIENCE CASA CASTELLANA IS TO EXPERIENCE SAN JUAN!" We are also an Eco-Friendly Inn. PERFECT FOR A:• romantic getaway, • a family vacation, • for group travelers,• a relaxing visit before and/or after a Caribbean cruise. LOCATION: • Upscale neighborhood of El Condado, on a quiet side street, • walking distance to the: beach, night clubs, hotels, casinos, restaurants, art and cultural centers.TRANSPORTATION: • Public transportation,• Taxi route,• ten minutes by car to: Old San Juan, cruise lines The airport. SOME OF THE MANY AMENITIES OFFERED: • Free Full Breakfast!• Flat Screen TV and DVD Player• Top of the line QUIET inverter A/C!• Free Parking• Concierge Service• Free Wi-Fi throughout the inn.• Cotton bathrobes,• Egyptian and Turkish cotton towels and bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa Castellana Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Castellana Hotel San Juan
- Casa Castellana Bed And Breakfast Inn