“Great place if you don't mind waiting!”
Review of Cafe Puerto Rico

Cafe Puerto Rico
Ranked #39 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Potomac, Maryland
“Great place if you don't mind waiting!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This little restaurant came highly recommended and because we had time we didn't mind waiting for an open table outside. So we waited about 40 minutes and it was worth the wait for moderately priced Puerto Rican food and the park across the street had music where it appears the locals gathered! It was a wonderful meal...and we were not rushed, but there are few tables inside and fewer outside! So if you decide to wait, you wont be disappointed, but is it worth your time...that's for you to decide!

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Nice place with great food”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited Café Puerto Rico while in San Juan as part of a Carnival cruise. Our tour guide recommended this place as they had good food. I have read reviews about the time it takes to be seated, there are limited tables inside and outside so that's the reason, however it is worth the wait. We both ordered chicken cassava mofongo's and they were EXCELLENT! They came served with rice and a small side salad. The prices were reasonable, with drinks and an appetizer our bill was $30. The staff was very nice and they provided great service. I would recommend Cafe Puerto Rico while in San Juan. If you are a cruise ship passenger it is only a few blocks away within walking distance to the cruise terminal. There are also several other cafe's, bars, and gifts shops all in this area. As for safety, I have never seen so many police in one area, so I believe its safe. In fact there was an officer standing at every corner around this general vicinity.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Fun little restaurant in Old Town”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Wonderful local flavor meal in a fun, small café. You should make a reservation and ask for patio seating - very small area but a really fun place to watch the local people and tourists. They serve local dishes that are well prepared and the service is excellent and very friendly.

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Recommendation from my brother”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Took 20 minutes to seat 12 of us from the time they opened at 5:30 p.m. Sat upstairs, ordered. Food took about an hour to come out. We had the same drinks that we had from when we arrived. Food was ok but not worth the money or time. Would rather go to Raice where the food was awesome and service was amazing!!! Just saying.

1 Thank Otilio Pete V
Houston, Texas
“Caribbean Ambiance”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Before coming here, I'd heard mixed reviews about the food. During my time in PR, I definitely had Mofongo that was a step above what I ate here. However, their options to have sweet plantain and cassava Mofongos added to the eating experience. My sister had the sweet plantain and cod mofongo and it was delicious. Their fresh squeezed juices and sangria are wonderful and the prices for their food are less of a tourist trap than nearby restaurants of the same caliber. My favorite part about this place really was the superb service and decor. It just felt like a place that you can hang out with friends and family for hours. My rating is just average mostly for the food but I think this restaurant is worth trying because of the overall experience.

1 Thank Ophelia124