Hotel & Hostel San Jorge
US$303
US$383
US$238
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
US$418
US$354
Hotels.com
US$431
US$365
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$153
  • Restaurant
US$368
US$321
US$360
US$311
  • Pool
All reviewsshared bathroomclean roomswould stay againfridgelobbyreceptionisttaxicruise
Reviewed 18 March 2012

A cheap hotel near the heart of San Juan. This is not a 5 star hotel, but a decent cheap hotel.
The staff was nice, the rooms where clean and they have free wi-fi. I would recommend for a short stay for a budget minded traveller.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gcwilliams80
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Great hotel for this money in San Juan. Staff isreally helpful, room is clean and ok.
Location is convenient, 1 minute from the bus stop to Old San Juan. We would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank masenyki
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The staff at Hotel San Jorge were extremely helpful, hospitable, friendly, and kind. They made us feel at home from the moment we arrived and clearly made a large effort to make is feel comfortable. The building itself has just been renovated and is in great shape! Our first room was equipped with one king sized bed, a fridge, and a large flat screen tv. It was small but perfect and so affordable! For the second half of our trip we decided to stay at San Jorge although our plans were originally upon arriving, to relocate. The second room we had was equipped with two twin beds, a small tv, and did not have a fridge. It was fine but not as nice as the first room. The hotel also has a large balcony on the second floor that has wireless internet. Everything in the hotel was extremely clean. Its location is perfect for spanish-speaking tourists because it is not located in a tourist area! When i return to PR I plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: rooms on the second and third floors have wireless internet access.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The hotel is nasty; even the locals joked about it when we told them where we were staying. They called it a, "roach motel."

The staff was extremely unfriendly and receiving any type of hospitality or courtesy was nearly impossible. The staff seemed more focused on receiving as much money as they could from you with doing the least amount of work possible.

I have been to many places, and this has to be one on my list to never stay at again. On the other hand, it was in a convenient location. That is really the only positive thing I could say.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I took the bar exam in puerto Rico in march. I planned to start renting an apartment and vacation in may with my sister and her boyfriend. I was going to stay in hotel San Jorge and they were going to stay in a hostel. I did not want to stay in the hostel, alas I rented a hotel really close.

My sister did not feel comfortable leaving her stuff at the hostel so she asked to leave it with me, as I had the rental car. The hotel, however, has a policy where you may not allow anyone else in your room without their permission and then they may only be on the balcony- not in ur room. Not in their contract or mentioned during check in.

Then the Worker ordered me to leave the key with him every time I left. If I smoked I had to leave the key. No guarantee that someone would be there, however. Easy for them to steal my belongings.

Went out with a local friend, also well educated, and he was gonna take us to a nice bar in bayamon. Well, went in to get the key, my sister went in with me cause we were all going to the bar, and he ordered her to stay downstairs. I explained myself and said I was the only one sleeping there. He could feel free to check in at the middle of the night. But no. Instead their unwritten policy is no guests. No key when you leave. And to treat you like crap. Indeed, him and I yelled at each other quite a bit and then had my local friend come in to help me with my stuff and left. Told him to call the police if he did not like it. The police were never called, and I went and stayed in the radisson, which was only 30 dollars more, had a free drink ticket and gambling ticket, and they actually respected me.

Moral of the story: this hotel is from a land down under. If they charge me a dime, I am suing them. It's the lawyer in me.

• Stayed: May 2011
8  Thank Quelcanon
hotelsanjorge, General Manager at Hotel & Hostel San Jorge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

Dear Customer "Quelcanon:"

We regret any inconvenience regarding your stay our hotel in Puerto Rico. Hotel San Jorge wants to clarify some of your allegations.

In regard to safety, we can assure you that the room keys are safe at the front desk counter. The main reason why guests cannot take the room keys out of the hotel is with the intention of protecting our guests' belongings inside the rooms. The hotel is wired throughout with surveillance cameras and our staff is highly trained. Due to our insistence on asking for our clients' room keys when they leave the hotel, we had never encountered any incident regarding lost luggage.

The hotel policies regarding guests' visitors were in fact explained to you by the front desk staff when you first checked-in. We want to remind you that you paid for a one twin bed room meant for 1 person. Contrary to your story, the truth was that you attempted to have 3 person stay overnight in the twin bed room. Your intentions were never to stay by yourself in the room. This is purely unacceptable and a clear violation of hotel policies.

Worse of all, you verbally assaulted our employee who was simply following hotel policies.

Here at Hotel San Jorge, we value our customer's comfort above all else. Our goal is to make the stay of our guests as enjoyable and satisfying as possible

Management of Hotel San Jorge