“a great find.”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Recommended by Yelp, we decided to give this place a try. And, to put it in a nutshell, we were blown away.

Absolutely superb food beginning to end, and great sangrias too. The menu (which I believe changes very frequently) is written on a chalk board (with less than perfect hand writing, I might add).

Ambience is also very charming-- a nostalgic elegance, without being stuffy. Staff generally super friendly and attentive as well. We were also provided with complimentary bean soup, tostones, and at the end of the meal, an anise flavored liquor. (this I believe is standard for all guests). A great touch.

The restaurant is somewhat out of the way but easy to find. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Adi T
There are newer reviews for Casita Miramar

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went to Miramar with my girlfriend on our first night in PR. Found the place off Yelp, where it got excellent reviews. Very cute place with nice patio and also a cute eating area inside. Service was fantastic - all of the staff were really nice, very happy to explain food items we weren't familiar with, and very attentive throughout the whole meal. Started with a shark skewer appetizer, which was very nice. Shark was really tender and nicely chard. Came with a cilantro lime sauce that was a bit intense. My girlfriend had the crab mofongo for her main, and I had a Puerto Rico paella. The mofongo was really nice - plantains were buttery and yummy; crab was great. And my dish was really great too. Chock full of seafood, chorizo and pork. Difficult to beat. If I had one complain - and it's the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 - I'd say that they were consistently a little heavy on the salt. But otherwise really great.

1  Thank Q4366CSmatthews
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This is the first ever review I have ever written on any site.....I had to subscribe to this site because this place deserves it....The absolute best meal I have ever had not only in Puerto Rico but anywhere I have ever traveled and I have been to many places all over the world! The ribs are to die for and the cassava and crab dish is just unbelievable. We had Jerry as our server and he was just perfect very attentive and very hospitable I felt like I was eating at a friends house. And please do not miss dessert because the coconut tres leches brought a tear to my eyes. This place is a perfect blend of superior quality food without any of the stuffiness or pretension!!!!!

1  Thank Hector M
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Thu-5/29-approx 8pm. Despite a 40 min wait in the very small waiting area at the entrance of the Casita Mirimar, an old mansion I think(air conditioned)...it was worth every minute and penny. What great meals prepared for us. Many specials served each night presented on a chalk/blackboard(English and Spanish). The staff was wonderfull explaining the appetizers, entre's, preparation, spices used etc. I had a natively caught thick slab white fish, fileted and sauteed with a wonderfull white cream/wine spicey sauce. My signif other had a wonderfull marinated, then sauteed sliced pork loin, wonderfull steamed veggys and steamed sticky rice. The salad starter with hose special dressing was great too. No room for desert but selections were tempting. We met Leo who was the gracious and very knowlegible manager. Were were given complimentary after dinner liquor created with annisette and Don Q dark with coffee beans-wow! Leo also provided us with a speacial liquor treat after this-forgot the name but it is distilled on the island-not available in the states. The Casita was less than 500ft from the Hotel Mirimar, tab for both of us including one Guayaba Sangria was $68 and bye far the best resturant we have visited, this being our third vacation to PR in 10 months. This would be a elegant resturant if cloth napkin and table covering were a part of the experience. None the less-thank you Leo and staff, great food and experience...geno and omayra

1  Thank geno131
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We ordered way too much food! I didn't know they were going to give complimentary soup and cod fish fritters! I still think that it's odd that they write out there menu on boards. I guess they can rotate the foods that they serve depending on what's in season? I tried their mofongo but I have to say it wasn't the best that I had in PR. But everything was decent and their sangrias was tasty but on the weaker side. The decor was cute.