“Great value better atmosphere”

Posada San Francisco Old San Juan
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great value better atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Clean hostel in ideal location of beautiful Old San Juan. Staff was excellent. Atmosphere was great. Good wifi. Couldn't ask for anymore. Not to mention, can't beat the price. Layout of hostel promotes interaction with hostel-mates.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Its a great place for college kids on a budget to live! very quite. but dont expect anything fancy, it was literally 2 beds, a night stand, mini fridge, mirror and closet. we rented the basic twin room.

location: is great! such a great view and taxis are right outside as well as places to eat. there is a plaza right in front that sells really cool art/jewelry

cost: it was the cheapest place around.

security/atmosphere: its very safe, very quite!

It also came with AC which was quite luxurious!

only critique I would have is that it only had 1 working plug, and since my friend and I had to charge our phones we had to get creative. all in all a recommended place!

Room Tip: remember the basic twin has 2 beds and the double has 1 double bed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nathan Y
South River, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My fiance and I stayed here on a Wednesday night in Feb and were glad we did. We booked a private room and were given one on the 6th floor. We had a shared bathroom right next door. There are plenty of bathrooms scattered throughout the floors so we never once had to wait to use one. Our floor was quiet and peaceful, with a beautiful view in the common area. The room was very simple: a bed, chair, mirror, & mini-fridge, but it was clean. The air-conditioner worked great. The receptionist was friendly and very helpful. Wifi works best on the 5th floor. I would absolutely stay here again.

Posada is not a 5 star resort. If you know you aren't going to spend much time in your room, like we did, then this simple, clean room is perfect for you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travel_eat_sleep
Bend, OR
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was a 63 year old, female, hostel virgin until a week and a half ago. I jumped in with both feet, as it were. I loved it! This hostel had great rooms, great bathrooms - yes, everything isn't perfect, but it was clean and even had AC and mirrors in the rooms! I brought a cotton sleeping bag and a microfiber towel, and needed neither. I was dismayed to discover I was in a top bunk, but decided I'd give it a shot - and I did wonderfully! The ladders up are easy to navigate.....and beautifully made (my Dad was a wood shop teacher and I appreciate good craftsmanship). The location is great - close to everything one would need to get acquainted with San Juan. The common areas were delightful - as a solo traveler I loved getting to meet others. I immediately met people to eat with, either in or out. A full kitchen is available - what more could one want? Try it - you'll love it! I'm already planning my return trip next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank KerryL51
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Posada San Francisco. The rooms were very clean, and there were lots of bathrooms available. The rooms came with a mirror, an AC unit, and a mini fridge.

Location was smack in the middle of Old San Juan, and it seemed close to everything. Restaurants and the forts were just a few blocks away.

There is an old and slow elevator that services all the floors, and a staircase as well. If you're not afraid to climb the stairs you may want to take those instead of waiting for the elevator.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank d1lcp1ckl3
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I booked a private room at this hostel and it was a great decision to stay here. All the common area balconied face plaza colon, have a great view! Everything in old san juan is an easy walk from this place. The bar downstairs was buzzing till about 1am on a Tuesday night and we made some friends on our first evening here. There are a bunch of shops and restaurants right next to Posada, our favorite being the Blessed Cafe. The bathroom (shared) and room was very clean. I would definitely stay again at this hostel. :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mrinalini K
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Posada San Francisco was exactly what we wanted! The room was actually larger than I was expecting, the bed was comfy, and the air conditioning was powerful. The view from the balcony was great and the other guests were quiet and respectful. It's a pretty no-frills place, but if you don't need anything special Posada San Francisco can't be beat. The location is absolutely perfect. Really, my only quibble is that the wifi does not work, but there are plenty of cafes around that offer free wifi. Thus, it's still possible to look up activities or check in for flights. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple