“Awful Service”
Review of Taqueria Lupe & Pepe - CLOSED

Taqueria Lupe & Pepe
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Excellent food, great service!
Description: Excellent food, great service!
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I'm sorry to say that we are not coming back to this place because of the very bad service. To start we ordered a Margarita and two glasses of water. We waited a long time for the water and the Margarita never came. Our appetizers also took a long time to arrive. The waiter didn't seem to care much. Needless to say, we left without ordering our main dishes.

1  Thank Adolfo S

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Best chicken tacos y have ever had!!!Best seasoning in chicken ever!! Try the hard shell chicken tacos and pico de gallo especial. You wont regret it!!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I went to this restaurant thanks to the Entertainment Book offer they have. I like going to new places and I love Mexican food. This is a small, family owned restaurant and the service was great. We were welcomed since we got in and seated immediately. I'm a client that CANNOT for ANY REASON eat spicy food due to health issues and I completely forgot to mention it when I ordered my burrito. When I received it I was scared that it was spicy and it wasn't. Actually, the sauce it had was sweet and great. The taste is completely authentic and different. I live near the restaurant and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

In spite of the bad reviews about this place, my husband and I adventured to this place. My experience was exactly the opposite. The food was excellent. They moved their original place to a larger one right in front of the other, incorporating two menus, one of the original Mexican restaurant and the other of hamburgers and wings. Apparently they made a fusion of two restaurants. The food was excellent, you could taste the freshness of the food. We have tried both cuisines. We tried the al pastor meat and it was soooo good! And the carnitas too!! The ambiance was good, nice place full of fun decorations….the service was excellent. They have a crazy bartender!! All in all, my experience was very good. Since that time I have been there two more times and believe me, my experience has been excellent!!!

1  Thank Sara R
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We landed in this place while venturing through Winston Churchill Ave. on a Friday night and saw a lot of movement at this place. Though service was a little bit disorganized and slow, the bartender was really cool and margaritas were great!!!! The problem here was the food, this is just an expensive Taco Bell!!! Ingredients are not good quality, they have NO IDEA on what mexican food really is, except from what they might have grabbed from going to a Taco Bell before. They didn't hand in totopos with sauce as a botana as they do in Mexico (and I know, I lived there for some time). We ordered tacos al pastor, and it was just flank steak marinated in BBQ sauce and cut into small pieces. The tortillas were all mixed up (we ordered most of them as corn and gave us flour and the guacamole is just mashed avocado with some onions and tomatoes on it - $2.50 each!!!!!!). When we asked for hot sauce and green/red sauces, they gave use a bottle with some green liquid which was mildly hot. Food was warm, tasteless, but we were so hungry we ate everything on our plates. The cashier calculated and included the tip in the bill (for only 4 ppl) without even asking first, as if he knew how much we wanted to tip. Now the question is, are we going back to this place? That is a big NOOOOO!