“The Best!!!”

La Terraza de San Juan
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“The Best!!!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Let me just start out by saying, that this, small charming hotel, is the warmest, most quiet hotel I have ever stayed. I have traveled to many places throughout the world, and stayed at some nice hotels, but this one, is just like being at home, but You are thousands of miles away. It's hard to pinpoint exactly why that is, but let me say it begins, by the friendly staff, fom Joe, Devon, as well as the rest of the staff. When You enter the hotel, it's subtle colors, make You feel right at ease. It has such an overwhelming clean quality to it, that it stands out above all other hotels in Old San Juan. This was my second time being in Puerto Rico, and I stayed at the El Convento, as well as the El Conquistador in Fagardo. While they were nice hotels, La Terrraza stands out well above them. From the freshly made breakfast, delivered to Your room daily, to the nightly pleasure of a bottle of wine on the Terrace, this is the best of the best. When Your looking for a hotel to stay, while in Old San Juan, do Your research, and You'll find out why so many people stay here, when they return. It is a convenient walk to anywhere in Old San Juan.....P.S. I stayed here for 10 days in early January, and am just finding the time to right this review. The good thing to know, is I try to get away every 3-4 months from work, for a relaxing weekend. I will be back in Old San Juan, staying at La Terraza in May.......Can't Wait!!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bedroom, with no kitchen, and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Places2Travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Quebradillas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend get away and couldn't have been more pleased. We have had multiple trips to Old San Juan and have frequently stayed at El Convento and have also stayed at Da House. Without question, this was our favorite hotel among the three! The hotel is a small boutique place that does not have the view or history of El Convento (but you can go walk through there and see it anyway during your trip without needing to stay there). There is morning breakfast and the breakfast is fabulous. For example if you need "extra" coffee or milk...they give it, free, quickly, no questions asked. The hotel itself is well kept up and beautiful and there is a gorgeous roof top terrace where you are welcome to take your own food or wine to. My only complaint if any would be that I did hear people in the room beside us a couple times but we just turned on a sleep machine and put ear plugs in and continued sleeping. However...there is no questions that the walls / doors could be a bit more sound proof. With that being said...this is the quietest hotel I've stayed at in Old San Juan! No "party" outside such as in some of the rooms in El Convento and in ALL of the rooms at Da House. There are satellite TV's and controllable AC in all the rooms along with at least a small refrigerator. We stayed in their smallest most affordable room and even that was great! I have no complaints. I wasn't there to cook so I didn't feel I needed the big kitchen or big space. Amazing experience and the people who work at the hotel couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Definitely will return and definitely will recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deborahcorinne
Marshall, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 April 2013

if staying in Old San Juan, there is no better place to stay than La Terraza. It is located idealy and makes walking Old San Juan in it's entirity. Joe Uribe and his wife do an excellent job of making you feel at home and there apartments are spacious and neat. The roof top deck is very enjoyable and a great place to start the morning off with a cup of coffee or what ever. the breakfast brought to the is delightful and not lacking in quantity. We had a two bedroom/two bath unit with sitting room and kitchen. of the 4 places we stayed in Puerto Rico, La Terraza was the best.

Room Tip: we were in room 6 on the third floor. again it was spaceious, neat and quiet
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were only able to stay at La Terraza for two short nights but we will definitely go back and stay longer to fully appreciate and enjoy the hotel's civilized charm and ammenities. Beautifully decorated, spacious apartments, a big roof top deck for enjoying early coffee and cocktails, an incredible breakfast with killer coffee (always important). The hosts do everything possible to make your stay warm, easy.
Walk out the door into Old San Juan, an Old World gem. This is a great place to enjoy the buzz of a city with a serene place to escape.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed at La Terraza for five nights with three children- our expectations were exceeded. Lovely, comfortable, quiet property with friendly, helpful staff. Old San Juan was a perfect place to headquarter our PR vacation- Old San Juan was wonderful to explore on foot- felt very safe- great restaurants, museums. Beaches an easy cab ride. We would return to OSJ and La Terraza.

1 Thank Keith A
tucson
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

My only regret from staying at La Terraza was that we didn't have at least another day to spend there and didn't have our family with us. We wanted something comfortable and in Old San Juan to stay at when we got off our cruise. Joe and Maria were very helpful in making sure did everything we wanted to do with our day! We stayed in unit 3 which was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit with a full kitchen, living room that had a pull out sofa, fluffy towels and all the comforts of home! I asked if we were back would it possible to bring our 3 daughter's as some B&B's don't usually accept children and they said that often have families staying with them. The location was close to the beach, shopping, museums and not a far drive to the airport of from the cruise terminal. Breakfast was fresh fruit, breads with chocolate, jam and better, cake, cheese, meat, fresh orange juice and very strong cafe con leche (coffee with hot milk.) and it was brought to our room when they said they would bring it. Water was also provided as well as cappuccino. One of the rooms did not a window but that wouldn't bother us. We also enjoyed sitting out on the terrace after dinner and cruising the internet (there is free wifi). The area is very safe and the people are friendly. I hope that we have the opportunity to visit Puerto Rico again and stay at La Terraza! Thank you Joe and Maria for your hospitality!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marchdreamer
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Wonderful introduction to Old San Juan. I will return...I hope:-) Joe and Devon guided our way, found the antiques shop I wanted, and recommended the best restaurants. The city retains its old world feel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013