“Great hotel!”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Illinois
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights prior to boarding a cruise. The hotel is very centrally located in Old San Juan and all of the big sights are within walking distance. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the friendly staff who offered us a cold beverage, and showed us a map of the area and highlighted places to eat and things to see. Our room was beautiful, high ceilings, comfortable bed, walk in shower, etc. There was a delicious breakfast at the hotel each morning with fresh fruit, pastries, cold meats and cheeses, juice and coffee. They served the breakfast on the roof top patio or in the lobby, whatever you prefer. On Friday night they even had a free BBQ in the evening for the guests. There is an infinity edge plunge pool on the roof of the hotel with great views. Overall a great hotel and would recommend it to everyone!

3 Thank ReviewerD15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our first visit to Old San Juan and we absolutely loved La Terraza hotel! We had just finished a long sailing trip and it was so lovely to be greeted with great customer service, a very nice upgraded room with new finishes and comfortable bed. The front desk agent offered us a beverage upon arrival and helped guide us to fantastic local restaurants such as Verde Mesa during our stay. The hotel features one of the only rooftop patios in Old San Juan with fantastic panorama views of the city. My only feedback would be that they need to service a bar on the rooftop! Light European breakfast was a nice amenity. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade upon check in! You may have to wait a little for the room but it's worth it!
5 Thank Nicole W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Actually writing this from my room, Staff=Amazing Rooms=Clean comfortable Newly renovated Location=Cannot beat your in the center of it all! The staff at the front desk told us the best destinations best LOCAL restaurants to dine. We will be back we are so happy that we chose tjis property. Btw terrace is beautiful!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robele4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room (#6) was really great. Truly your own apartment in Old San Juan. The two bedroom, two bath with full kitchen served us well. There were four of us (two couples) and you never felt like you had a lack of privacy within the room. There were a few things missed when they cleaned and prepared the room initially but when I brought it up to management, it was corrected immediately. We stayed for 6 nights and could have easily stayed much, much longer. Breakfast was served in our room on time every morning. The cleaning staff did a great job and the best part; you never even saw them, you just knew they had been there. The manager Franklin and all of the staff at the front desk were very accommodating. The rooftop patio/pool is truly a treasure of this hotel. Once they get the rooftop bar completed, it will be quite the experience! The hotel is centrally located to EVERYTHING. So easy to get around Old San Juan and you find yourself never far from the hotel. The charm and character of this hotel will not disappoint. Do yourself a favor and forget all of those big name chain hotels and give this place a chance. You will not regret it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tracy K
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice hotel overall...but if you suffer from ANY type of upper respiratory problems such as Asthma you may not want to stay here. Even on the newer side it had a strong smell that triggered an asthma attack to the point that we did not stay the night and had to check in to another hotel. Remember, it's a very old structure. This being said, I want to say that the staff was great. They were very helpful, friendly and understanding. It's very centrally located with many restaurants and things to see.

3 Thank Lucy M
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I moved to San Juan area (from Condado's Casa Castellana Bed and Breakfast) when my husband left and I had 3 days left in Puerto Rico. I booked my stay in La Terraza Hotel and it seriously blew me away! The pictures doesn't do it justice. So from my Snorkeling trip at Culebra I drove to San Juan and found street parking *lucky lucky* then went to the hotel and got so excited. It looks old but when you go inside the vibe and décor is awesome! The front desk people are so nice (shout out to Princess and Isander). Their front desk is also a "bar". They serve coffee and tea and sweets FOR FREE! Yum! And apparently the antique coffeemaker has a name! (I forgot hehe) It's 2 buildings adjacent together and I was assigned to the newer wing. I think they hay 24 rooms available in different configuration. I was on a budget so I asked for the cheapest room since I was alone... but when I went to my room (interior, no windows) It's HUGE! with modern bathroom. The bed is HUGE and the room smells sooooo nice!!! I fell in love. Oh yeah and the roof top!?!?? OohLala!!!! wading pool and breakfast with a view. Just the place to be! (I feel guilty my husband wasn't there to enjoy it with me) Great location. quiet street. near yummy restaurants (like st germaine and fatty's). I can't stop raving about it.... ok fine... the main entrance was jamming my entire stay so I hope they got that fixed. Definitely a next time for this place. Oh and during my stay... maybe only 6 guests were there too. Peace and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank UrbanGypsy0220
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We tacked 2 nights in Old San Juan onto the end of our honeymoon (starting in Fajardo) and we loved staying here! We stayed in 3A which was wonderful. The staff is phenomenal - so friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Location was great! Rooftop pool was nice when our feet needed a break from walking around! Breakfast on the terrace was a treat. The only downside was when I made the reservations, the gal made it sound like we could find parking on the nearby street very easily since we had rented a car for our whole trip. This was not the case. My husband drove around getting quite lost trying to deal w/ OSJ traffic and multiple one-ways trying to find parking. He finally came back to the hotel and they told us where to park in a structure (luckily there are 2 - one is very expensive and the other is very reasonable) about a 10-minute walk away. Next time, I think we'd ditch the car - although it was nice to drive over to Condado for an afternoon (it's about a $30 round trip cab ride). Overall, we loved La Terraza - would definitely stay here again if ever back in San Juan!

2 Thank swimRx