“Great place”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lovely motel. From the moment you set foot on the property to the minute you leave its just a happy place. All the employees are honest and very helpful. My family and I truly enjoyed our stay. The breakfast is fresh fruit, meat and cheeses with fresh warm bread. The coffee is so good I can't say enough good about it. We would stay here again. We loved our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ukmom1991

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

As others have said... great staff and location in OSJ. Close to both forts, restaurants, etc but it's the folks at the front desk that really make this place great. Very friendly and helpful with suggestions and the coffee they make is excellent. The terrace is lovely and for the price I'd say it's hard to beat this place if you want to stay in the city. Still, there were some issues that prevent me from giving it 5 stars. The biggest issue was the lack of hot water in the mornings. It was luke warm at best. Also the breakfast isn't served until 8 AM which is fine if you're staying in the city but if you want to head out early (like to go to the rain forest, Culebra, etc) b-fast won't work. Also, if you're renting a car the parking and driving in the city is a nightmare. The roads are extremely narrow (and bumpy) and there is virtually no street parking. The parking garage is several blocks away. If you want to travel the island and are renting a car this might not be the best choice. But if you want to spend most of your time in OSJ this is a great option.

3 Thank Marylander10
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I chose to stay in this hotel for the first two nights of our honeymoon because of the reviews I had read on TripAdvisor. It did not disappoint! From the moment we entered, we were treated as valued guests. Our luggage was taken up to our room for us. We were offered coffee, water, and treats every time we passed through the lobby. We were given helpful tips for good restaurants, bars, and places to listen to music in Old San Juan from the receptionist as well. The second night we were there, we enjoyed happy hour up on the rooftop. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Old San Juan. Parking was very tough here, as we had a rental car and had to park about 8 blocks down from the hotel. I would recommend a taxi as transportation if needed.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Reina Sofia room...mid-range price but still a great location. Located on the second...
6 Thank spanteach24
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This old-style hotel is worth the trip to San Juan. As everyone noted, the staff is friendly, knowledgeable and quick to offer a cup of their famous cafe con leche. It was the best coffee I had on the whole trip.
The room was spacious and beautiful. Modern conveniences but not at the cost of romantic atmosphere. Breakfast was lovely ( think continental) and everywhere you want to go is a short walk away.
The reception desk is a place where other travelors share tips for dining in town. If every back in Old San Juan...I'm staying here!

2 Thank BlueMoon193
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was over the top accommodating, vibe was incredibly unique, bathroom was sexy, bed was big and comfy, the architecture was beautiful, the infinity pool on the terrace had a great view of Old San Juan, and the location was ideal. Thank You La Terraza for a very special experience!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aaron H
Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Located in old San Juan, it is close to all the fabulous restaurants, and staffed by excellent, friendly, and knowledgeable receptionists, Jose and Princess. Free hand-made espresso and cappuccino at practically all times, included breakfast, a nice terrace, and large, tastefully decorated rooms. Everything in my suit was working and clean, quite and peaceful, and the internet was fast enough to watch Netflix. Wholeheartedly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank weltwind
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is extremely old. My wife and I stayed in room 2. It's a dungeon. No windows...AC only in the bedroom and you can't flush your toilet paper in any of the rooms...I asked...I wanted to go and get the local down town charm...it won't happen again...it was hot and gross...next time it will be resort for me...trust me take the shuttle to Old San Juan for the day and get back to the resort!

Stayed July 2014
7 Thank James H
LaTerrazaHotel, Manager at La Terraza de San Juan, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Mr. Halford,

I was very concerned to read your review about your recent stay with us at La Terraza in Old San Juan. First of all I would like to take the chance to clarify that Room #2 is a two room suite equipped with an interior patio and a full bathroom. In fact, it is one of our most popular rooms. Although one of the bedrooms does not have windows, the other bedroom (equipped with a King bed) does have a 7'x5' french door that can be opened to a private interior courtyard.

A great part of this property's charm is the fact that it is a 200+ year old, recently remodeled building located in a 500 year old historic colonial city. We take pride and try our very best to provide all the modern comforts and amenities available while maintaining the historic charm that Old San Juan and it's colonial architecture has to offer.

We are very sorry we did not meet your standards and expectations and I welcome you to contact me directly at your soonest convenience with the interest of changing any ill feelings you might have towards our property.

Franklin Rivera