“The best ever!!!!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I heard about this restaurant from a couple that was also visiting & i must say that i was not disappointed. The prices were very reasonable and the portions were plenty. Everyone is very friendly. I made a new friend named "Brian". He truly made my visit to this restaurant memorable. The drink specials are perfect and did i mention the food is amazing? I encourage you to get the el mofongo de camarones (mashed plantains stuffed with shrimp) or the Canoas de Platanos (Sweet Plantains stuffed with ground beef and cheese).. You wont be disappointed

1  Thank DMarie2510
There are newer reviews for Cafe del Angel

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very good service. Definitely try this place if you are staying in the Ashford Ave area. It is across the street from the La Concha Resort. We had the Canoas for a starter. The beef mofongo and the Puerto Rican combination platter for mains. Plenty of food and all tasty. Those 3 items gave a good sample of what they do best. You have to try their house made hot sauce! With 2 drinks the total bill was $48. Note that refills on soft drinks are not free.

1  Thank travelpage
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I we re-introduced to Spanish food after a 7 day cruise. Found this place while just walking in Condado. Stop in and tried their food. Food was decent, staff was great. Andres was our server, and he was awesome. The price was decent as well. We will be back.

1  Thank Drew621
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here several times during our stay at La Concha Resort across the street. They serve authentic Puerto Rican fare at reasonable prices. On a previous trip to Puerto Rico, we ate at different establishments in Isla Verde and Old San Juan but the food here at Cafe del Angel is tastier. We loved the fried pork, roast pork, arroz con gandules, breakfast with bistec and eggs, maduras (sweet plantains) sandwiches, various plantain appetizers, and cafe con leche. My husband especially liked their homemade hot sauce. The servers were all very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Soulfultrvlr
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Food was great, reasonably priced, wait staff are friendly... always smiling!!!
the bartender is so funny and will surprise you with his own creation of cocktails :)