“Great food and staff!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great food, reasonable price, very friendly staff, conveniently located on the strip! Loved the authenticity of the food.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Across the street from La Concha, it was a convenient lunch spot to kill time before my flight. I ordered chicken, fries, sweet plantains, and a red sangria. The sangria was strong! I could only drink half of it before I felt a buzz... which would have been great, but since I was alone, I thought maybe I should stop while I was ahead... otherwise I would have loved it!

The chicken, which was essentially chicken fingers, was breaded and fried... it was sooo good! Not too heavy like American style chicken fingers, these were a reasonable size, just perfect. The sweet plantains were also a hit. People watching and hearing other comments, it sounded like everyone was happy with their meals.

The bartender was suuuper friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back and would recommend to others. Decent prices and delicious food!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife visited here while I was on a Scuba trip, essentially it is right across the street from La Concha. She had the rice and tilapia and was very happy with the food and service she received. She also had some good coffee and commented that the price was very reasonable for the condado area. She is pretty picky, so this means they did a good job.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We thought this would be a great place to get breakfast since it looked nice and had lots of people seated inside. That's because it takes forever to get your food. And coffee. We had no less than four people ask us if we wanted coffee. But no one brought it! For at least 30 minutes. The food took even longer, and all we ordered were two simple omelets. Nothing else.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped in about 3:30 for a late lunch. The restaurant was recommended by the front desk person at our hotel.Since we were interested in having typical Puerto Rican food for our first meal of the trip, Cafe Del Angel sounded like the place to go. Our meals were served with a bread basket and wonderful hot sauce was available on the table. Bob had skirt steak and I had chicken breast. Both were delicious. We only had water to drink. The meals were affordable and the waiter was attentive as needed.

The "But" comes in when we returned later around 7 PM to have a drink. We started out at a table and moved to the bar. The bartender really worked his butt off. He was running along the length of he bar, sweating, as he filled a ton of drink orders.

The bartender was fun, the music started and the drinks flowed and I lost count of the refills. He went to the back to get our bill when we asked for it, but I was a bit confused that it only showed two beers and two JD + cokes. Now I am pretty sure we had more than that and there was a mistake. So I said, "No Way." He shrugged and went back to work, once again running like a crazy man. I figured he would see that he made a mistake after we left, and rather than have him have to make up the difference or get in trouble, I added an extra $30 to make up for what I think we probably really owed. The next morning I decided I was simply naive. We did not go back during our stay, which is sad because I really enjoyed the food.

1  Thank LindyFromFlorida