“A Real Wow!!!”

Ranked #586 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary, International, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Opened in mid-February 2011.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“A Real Wow!!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Nestled in the old city of of San Juan Puerto Rico, is an amazing gem. We were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful murals on the walls, the exposed bricks and the water fountain, as well as white linen covered tables in the restaurant. The service was very friendly, and the waitress was extremely helpful with suggestions, as to what to order. I ended up ordering an amazing dish, the Artisanal Paella, which was served in a huge bowl made of fried plantain! Not only was it a great, romantic setting, but it was also a fantastic culinary experience. It was indeed a visit to the home of the Muses! (i.e., Pieria, is the home of the Muses in Greece).

• Visited February 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't even bother”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

32 minutes to be told they were out of the appetizer we were waiting for. On top of that, they were outlf all the best sounding things on the menu. Soda was flat, the food that did eventually come out was greasy and flavorless. 50 minutes into the experience... Still starving. Don't do it!

Armonk, New York
“Mellow - Old San Juan”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Visited Pieria last evening to listen to a really smooth jazz quartet on a Friday evening. Great talent playing in a really attractive and soothing environment. The menu was eclectic with both Tapas and Puerto Rican sections. As a contrast to some of the raucously loud clubs in the neighborhood, I was impressed by the calm atmosphere where a conversation could be held without yelling. At around 10:00 pm, I was distressed to see a DJ setting up to replace the live band. When they took over I was relieved to hear a selection of New Age sounds.

I don't know if this is the type of music they always play, but if you are looking for a mellow evening in Old San Juan, check this place out.

• Visited March 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A lovely meal”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was an unexpected find. We took a chance on this restaurant this evening, and were very pleased. The food was great, as were the Mojitos! The live music was the icing on the cake

1 Thank elizabethtt
Tarrytown, NY
“Calm respite”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

In the packed and hot Viejo San Juan, I was pleased to have just stumbled upon this oasis. Modern front, and colonial back, this restaurant had just what I needed at that moment. The back and side of the restaurant have an open courtyard feel similar to the courtyards of Sevilla, Espana. It was cool, and relaxed. The decor made me feel at ease right away, and the front made me feel like I was in a hip locale. We ordered the wine soaked chorizo, which was a "weiner" (winner).

Sangria - I had tried it in many other spots in PR, but there was always a special combination of abomination. This one got it right! Their mojito was also excellent.

As it was a the end of our time in PR, we were done with Mofongo, so we got the burger - well seasoned, a bit underdone (I did say Medium rare on the less side, but no one ever listens - they did).

The service was friendly, real and relaxed without being slow. The timing was to my liking and the overall effect was my smile!

• Visited February 2012