“kitsche wafflry”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

was looking for breakfast... and found this place online.. managed to find it as it's pretty much out of the way at the very end of the streets that encompass the downtown biz district.. small room with open air courtyard style back room.. really small but got a table quick enough.. staff was pretty laid back.. not in any hurry had to wait on the food for longer than i like.. and the waffles were very small so buy more than one if you want to eat like an american..lol but with that said.. the quality was really good.. the flavor profiles have been put together exceptionally well with a savory side and a sweet side your choice.. and lots of extra options ... i got a waffle with a poached egg on it.. the waffle being about the size of the egg.. and steamed cherry tomatoes and an odd cheese i'd not heard of that was earthy and pleasant.. i really enjoyed it.. with fresh mango juice to boot.. and a plethora of strong coffee choices to go with it.. a real taste treat.. was about 35 bucks for two small waffles and juice and coffee.. not cheap but for the region not expensive either.. i'd go again.. just would order two.. :) you will have to ask for the bill however.. lol it's like they have no clue.. !

1  Thank dilln

Reviewed 11 November 2013

It took them almost 45 minutes for me to be seated, they brought the wrong order and some mud looking coffee where they charged me for premium priced coffee. One of the owners knew I was not pleased with the service nor did I get the experience everyone raved about. Does it matter if I am a party of one or 20?

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Tripadvisor map shows an inaccurate location. The restaurant is located on the corner of Calle de Tetuan and Calle de Santo Cristo, right next to "Pigeon Park." We went for breakfast and I would rate this as one of the top meals I had in Puerto Rico. The restaurant is small, with approximately 10 tables. It opened at 9am and we were there a few minutes after 9. During our entire meal, only two other people came in (it was a Thursday). They have a large variety of tea and coffee to chose from. The service was great. We each started out with mango juice and I ordered the "Big Breakfast" which include waffles with ham, eggs, and cheese. The cost for that dish alone was $18.99, which I thought was a bit steep for a breakfast item. If you can get over the cost, the food was outstanding. They place a lot of emphasis on plate presentation, but the flavor and portion sizes are good, too. My companion had waffles with fruit, maple syrup, and Nutella. We walked out of there with a $36 tab. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I just went last weekend for brunch and loved it. It was very crowded but we were lucky enough to beat the rush. The prices were reasonable and the food was great! Waffle Era is a must do when in Old San Juan!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were looking for a place to have breakfast and stumbled onto Waffle-era. This is a coffee and tea shop first and a waffle place second. That being said, there is a large option of different waffles to eat. We had a lovely view of the ocean. They have two sizes of waffles small (individual size) or large (which is actually three of the individual). The small waffles were like $2.50 and the large were around $5. An amazing deal. Toppings are extra but that is where the fun comes in!

I don't drink tea or coffee so I cannot testify to how good that is, but it seemed like others were enjoying it.