“Expectations were too high”

Waffle-era Tea Room alias La Waflera
Ranked #4 of 27 Coffee & Tea in San Juan
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
“Expectations were too high”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had been wanting to come here for several months now since I had seen so many good reviews. Service was terrible. It took forever to get our food, the presentation was nice but the food was bland. The only thing I liked was the tea. We could hear the people all around us complaining about the food and service. Definitely not coming back

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sashaenyse1

Millington, Tennessee
“Super Long Wait!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I hate to start with the downside...but the wait was torture! We had five days in the city. I Feel like we spent one of those waiting for our waffles. The creme brûlée waffle saved the day. Sweet,Creamy, and awesome! I would go again despite the wait. :(

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The gourmet waffles at this place are incredible and (unlike most things in old San Juan) reasonably priced. It is a charming little restaurant - my husband got the creme brulee waffle and talked about it all week. No alcohol, though.

Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Check their hours beforehand”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I tried to go here. I wanted the creme brulee so bad! But they are closed Wednesdays. Don't think just because the cruise ship is in that they will be there.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lori B
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great food, terrible service!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went for breakfast and was totally disappointed. I spent 20 minutes waiting for someone to take me to a table even though they had 5 tables open. The service was horrible! I waited for an hour and fifteen minutes for my food and it came the wrong portion. Nobody even asked if we were doing ok or if we needed something during that time. When the food came, I explained that it wasn't the portion that I had order and he realized he had made a mistake but didn't correct my order. The food was good. In my opinion I would never take someone there nor would I go again.

• Visited June 2014