“Tasty new food experience”
Review of Get Shopped

Get Shopped
Ranked #6 of 74 Shopping in San Juan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We just returned from our Celebrity cruise and did this tour during our stop in San Juan! Meleni (spelling?) was a great tour guide! Very informative and outgoing. The tasting at Don Q was amazing and the making of the Mofongo at Restaurante Airenumo was enlightening! Let me just say that my husband did better making his meal than I did.

2  Thank Snowbunny1982
getshopped, Owner at Get Shopped, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Great to read your review! Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your experience with the world, we hope to see you soon again!!
Michele

All reviews
"mofongo"
in 43 reviews
"walking tour"
in 11 reviews
"our tour guide"
in 24 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 3 reviews
"stops"
in 5 reviews
"insight"

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was a wonderful tour. Our tour guide was so knowledgable and entertaining. The tour lasted a good 4 hours and had stops at all different areas of San Juan including Don Q puerto rican rum, around the forts, to an old prison and of course to a resturant to make some mofongo and enjoy some mojitos. Overall it was just what I wanted a historical tour with a little bit of drinking and eating involved.

3  Thank John C
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Justin was our tour guide and did an outstanding job of taking care of our needs (we were 4 adults and 2 children). Justing spoke to us about the history and culture of Puerto Rico the entire time that we walked. Made stops at Don Q building, walked into local park areas, were able to purchase local made souvenirs and our guide explained how to tell who was authentic, visited a beautiful chapel and ended the tour with an excellent meal that we helped prepare. During our tour one of the children felt ill and Justin helped us slow up and get refreshments until our child felt better. Couldn't ask for a better tour in San Juan to do something other than big boutique shopping and visiting the two forts. Outstanding tour.

The owned of the tour service, Michele, was very easy to deal with and did a great job of lining things up for us and providing us with an incredible memory that we will have forever. Thank you for offering such a great excursion.

1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a great tour. Our tour guide was very entertaining. We learned lots about Puerto Rican history and had a fun time making delicious mofongos.

1  Thank DMS1994
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had the opportunity to take the Mofongo and Mojito tour on June 20th. Our tour guide seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. I particularly enjoyed his encouragement to ask questions, as I tend to be very curious. Having already been to Castillo San Felipe del Morro and Castillo San Cristobal (which are not a part of this particular tour, but worth checking out) it was really neat to walk other parts of the wall, and understand more about the city as a whole.

We stopped at DonQ, which included a free small drink, which was welcome on the hot day. (I tried the Anejo, which was delicious). We also enjoyed the many plazas and the beautiful fountain. I feel like if we didn't have a tour guide, we would have walked right past several of the very interesting points on our way to the fountain.

I also appreciated that a couple times my wife and I lagged behind in order to take some pictures of the beautiful buildings and sights of Old San Juan. Our tour guide was understanding and didn't mind answering brief questions, even on things he had already talked about. Seriously, Justin was a phenomenal tour guide.

After the walk, we stopped at a restaurant where a Chef explained to us how to make Mofongo, a typical Puerto Rican dish. We also were served delicious mojitos at this point.

As someone who loves to cook, I thoroughly enjoyed this part of the tour. Each person was given small dishes with all the ingredients and tools, and our chef walked us through each step. There was even a prize for best mofongo.

I would definitely recommend this tour.