“Great atmosphere, great food; highly recommended!”

Kamoli Cafe & Boutique
Ranked #254 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I heard about Kamoli from a friend and had been eager to try it. I was in the area so I stopped by for some coffee and breakfast. I must say, the experience surpassed my already high expectations. The atmosphere is fantastic, far from your conventional eatery. I like being immersed in an experience, like stepping into another world, and this place does that for you as soon as you walk through the door. The food was also excellent. I ordered the 360, which is a french toast dish with Nutella, fresh fruit and walnuts, and it blew me away! I didn't finish, but only due to the generous portion. My favorite, though, was the Body Boost Smoothie from the Kamoli Juice Bar. Awesome flavor, but the biggest thing is it left me feeling like I could take on an army by myself for hours afterward! Finally, the service was outstanding. I was made to feel special, which is the highest complement you can pay in this area. The young staff they have are kind, energetic, and refreshing. Overall, I give Kamoli the highest rating possible for the experience I had when I visited. I've never even posted a review for a place before, but this time I feel compelled to do so. Do yourself a favor and check out Kamoli on Loaiza Street, people. Not like anyplace else you will find!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Atmosphere was nice, coffee was average. Not sure if it was because I was there on a Sunday, but they were not staffed to accommodate near full occupancy. It took an hour and a half to get an order of pancakes, and they brought the wrong order. I didn't send it back because I was ready to leave. Pancakes were partially burned and covered in a chocolate sauce that was too sweet for me.

2  Thank J5bgood
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Good food
Good ambiance
Good atmosphere
Good service
I will go back again for the rice potts, they are excellent

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am a local customer and frequently visited the restaurant in the past. I have always thought the service needed to be better but today was the worst and the deciding factor to never go back.

I went with my husband and 2 daughters 3&4 yrs old and another couple. We ordered all of our meals as soon as we sat down because we knew the service was slow. They brought 2 of the 5 plates 35 min post ordering and then brought the 3 other plates 40 min later. This was after we told the server and him telling us that he forgot to order it. 20 min passed and I told the owner thinking she would be eager to help and all she said was "oh yeah, the're cooking it right now it just didnt come up in the ticket" (beacuse the server never placed the order) not even an apology from the owner! I should mention that 2 if those plates that took the longest were my daughters and there were only 6 other people in the restaurant. Incredible that not even for children will they go out of their way to give good service and focus on serving food a little faster.

Never going back and I do not recommend this place at all.

4  Thank ileiguina
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stopped here this morning for breakfast, and were not disappointed. Great coffee & tea. Pancakes were pretty slow to come out, but were very tasty. Great vibe. Friendly servers.