1,802 results
All reviews north tower across the street front desk jean paul puerto rico old san juan free breakfast yogurt partial ocean view the breakfast area king suite short walk to the beach within walking distance higher floor the general manager ashford avenue open hours
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites in San Juan before our cruise out of Puerto Rico and after our cruise ended for a couple of nights.

I picked the Hotel because they had a reasonable rate and they were close to the port we were cruising out of on Royal Caribbean and they were also close to the airport. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Our first night, they upgraded us to an ocean view suite at no additional charge.

We had an ocean view and while the hotel is not directly on the beach front, it was a nice view and the walk to the beach was just a couple of short blocks. On our return, we had a partial ocean view room and it was still very spacious and had a great view. The hotel was recently remodeled very nicely and had a decent free breakfast included in the stay.

The main street had lots going on with many restaurants, pubs, bars, outdoor cafes, etc... The hotel was conveniently centrally located within walking distance of everything. The front desk was most helpful with getting us a cab, suggesting a restaurant and information on various tourist sites. They are also along a bus line so if you choose to save a few bucks and take the bus around, the bus stop is within 1 block.

I would stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel in a good location at a great rate!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel has spacious rooms but beware of resort fees and other issues. Overall this hotel is in a good location. We were surprised at the checkout when they told us that they have hotel tariff fees of 18% which were not communicated to us by Orbitz or the hotel staff before checking in. There was also a major water outage for over 24hrs that hotel could not resolve which was a major inconvenience. Also, in order to have our room cleaned we had to remind a couple of times after hours because no one cleaned the room during the day.

Room Tip: There is the best place for dinner called "Di Parma Trattoria" restaurant on Ashford Avenue.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Omar T, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Guest:

On behalf of our entire Staff we want to apologize for the water outage that affected our guests recently. I assure you we focused all our efforts in resolving that situation as quickly as we possibly could and because of that, we will be implementing a bigger and better cistern system for this not to be an issue anymore. We have also made Orbitz aware of the fact that we need them to publish all rate and tax information at the time of booking.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you in a future stay.

At your service,

Omar Torres
787-516-4661

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I booked last minute because my flights had been delayed so I missed my last connection. The room was clean, the bathroom was not great, the staff was friendly. I thought it was close to the airport but it is a $20 cab ride each way so for the few hours I was there it was not great value, I should have chosen the BW at the airport. I have never stayed in San Juan before so I do not know how it compares to other hotels in the area. I was surprised to pay as much as I would pay in Canada for not as nice a place as I would have found in Canada but that may be the norm there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 19 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here Spring Break 2013 . You couldn't ask for a better staff ! You ask for something and they come thru NOW. The rooms were clean but you can tell it is an old building because of the layout. The pool area was nice but a little small . Overall I give this place good marks.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family