1,788 results
All reviewsnorth toweracross the streetfront deskjean paulpuerto ricoold san juanfree breakfastyogurtpartial ocean viewthe breakfast areaking suiteshort walk to the beachwithin walking distancehigher floorthe general managerashford avenueopen hours
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel for two nights in San Juan and we did not want to pay a fortune. Our main activity in San Juan was to tour Old San Juan so we did not need beach access since that was not in our plans. The hotel is a block from the beach but we never ventured over. The hotel is located in an urban touristy area. The Walgreens across the street will allow you to buy anything and everything you forgot to bring with you. It is urban with some homeless people on the sidewalk and numerous police patrolling the area. The traffic and street noise continues long after midnight which made sleeping difficult. Bring earplugs or ask for a room that does not face the street. Our room with a single queen bed was small but there was lots of storage room for our luggage in the area containing the microwave and refrigerator. The room was in good condition since it was recently renovated. Breakfast could use improvement. The kitchen staff seemed unable to keep up with demand and things like juice, silverware, muffins, yogurt, syrup etc were constantly running out. Some fruit such as bananas or melon would have been nice. Overall, it was fine for a night or two but I would not choose this hotel or the Condado neighborhood for a week long stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear baedteeth,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences; it is really useful for us as it helps to identify areas of improvement. Regarding your comments about the breakfast, rest assured that your comments will be addressed, since all our efforts are committed to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.

We will more that glad to assist you hen your travel plans bring you back to Puerto Rico.

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787.370.1080

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites in San Juan before our cruise out of Puerto Rico and after our cruise ended for a couple of nights.

I picked the Hotel because they had a reasonable rate and they were close to the port we were cruising out of on Royal Caribbean and they were also close to the airport. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Our first night, they upgraded us to an ocean view suite at no additional charge.

We had an ocean view and while the hotel is not directly on the beach front, it was a nice view and the walk to the beach was just a couple of short blocks. On our return, we had a partial ocean view room and it was still very spacious and had a great view. The hotel was recently remodeled very nicely and had a decent free breakfast included in the stay.

The main street had lots going on with many restaurants, pubs, bars, outdoor cafes, etc... The hotel was conveniently centrally located within walking distance of everything. The front desk was most helpful with getting us a cab, suggesting a restaurant and information on various tourist sites. They are also along a bus line so if you choose to save a few bucks and take the bus around, the bus stop is within 1 block.

I would stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel in a good location at a great rate!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel has spacious rooms but beware of resort fees and other issues. Overall this hotel is in a good location. We were surprised at the checkout when they told us that they have hotel tariff fees of 18% which were not communicated to us by Orbitz or the hotel staff before checking in. There was also a major water outage for over 24hrs that hotel could not resolve which was a major inconvenience. Also, in order to have our room cleaned we had to remind a couple of times after hours because no one cleaned the room during the day.

Room Tip: There is the best place for dinner called "Di Parma Trattoria" restaurant on Ashford Avenue.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Omar T, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Guest:

On behalf of our entire Staff we want to apologize for the water outage that affected our guests recently. I assure you we focused all our efforts in resolving that situation as quickly as we possibly could and because of that, we will be implementing a bigger and better cistern system for this not to be an issue anymore. We have also made Orbitz aware of the fact that we need them to publish all rate and tax information at the time of booking.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you in a future stay.

At your service,

Omar Torres
787-516-4661

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I booked last minute because my flights had been delayed so I missed my last connection. The room was clean, the bathroom was not great, the staff was friendly. I thought it was close to the airport but it is a $20 cab ride each way so for the few hours I was there it was not great value, I should have chosen the BW at the airport. I have never stayed in San Juan before so I do not know how it compares to other hotels in the area. I was surprised to pay as much as I would pay in Canada for not as nice a place as I would have found in Canada but that may be the norm there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo