1,843 results
All reviews north tower across the street front desk jean paul puerto rico old san juan yogurt free breakfast partial ocean view the breakfast area king suite higher floor the general manager within walking distance open hours beach chairs pre cruise stay
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Upcharged us for our booked in advanced rooms. They do not have pillow top beds as advertised. They do not have room safes as advertised. If you enjoy other people's hair in your shower, then stay here. Hair and ring around the tub indicated that it hadn't been cleaned in a while. Gave us a room that was occupied. Made us wait 2 hours to sort out their room confusion. Second room did not have a chain on the door and had lots of carpet stains. All the photos are from the second room that the manager guaranteed us was spotless as he just inspected it. I would highly recommend that you spend your money elsewhere. Parking is $15 per day in addition to your room rate. There are lots of other options in Condado. This location is less than 1 block from Condado beach. There is vibrant night life here for those of you are into the party scene all night long. It was noisy all night Saturday night even on the 10th floor through 4 am. We stay in Best Western because we expect a clean room. My wife has cleaned rooms for Best Western for 20+ years and understands the standards quite well. Maybe the Caribbean has its own quality standards, but they are well below the standards we have come to expect.

Room tip: Higher floors don't protect you from the noise of the street below.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear FMCAT:

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the service issues that affected your stay at our Hotel. We take pride on managing The Condado Palm and delivering service that exceeds the industry norms. It was disheartening to learn that this was not the case during your stay. l will like the opportunity to personally apologize and discuss these issues in depth, please kindly provide a telephone number where you can be reached.

Please be assured that your negative experience at our hotel is completely unacceptable and we will take corrective measures to improve our quality of cleaning and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may extend our hospitality to you under more pleasant circumstances.

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787.370.1080

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Clean, comfy, good location, good price-nice shampoo plenty of tv channels in English and Spanish - nearby restaurants-parking and easy taxi service-basic help your self breakfast to get the day started

Room tip: Do a southern side-beach view.i liked the shampoo products.there isa 24hour Walgreens across the street for snacks-in room microwave and refrigerator.easy taxi ride to airport, nearby walking distance restaurants
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel has so much potential. First, it has a pretty good location. A nice beach area is a block away; there are plenty of bars, and restaurants in a close proximity; Walgreens for your miscellaneous needs across the street. We were able to upgrade to a suite for a reasonable price and The view from our Ocean View room was not bad at all. Then there's the bad stuff. For a recently upgraded hotel there are a number of minor cosmetic defects: hasty looking paint jobs, cheap carpet and furniture. Free breakfast is nice, but unimpressive. There are homes here in Ohio with larger pools than what this hotel has. You will here street noise from outside until late (didn't bother me that much, but alcohol helped). But that's just the hotel's overall ambiance and it didn't get better. After we got to our room and unpacked, we soon found out that our toilet was repeatedly clogging, and there was no hot water in the shower. When the hotel was unable to fix the problem, we were moved to another room. The new room initially seemed satisfactory (higher floor, better view), but then we discovered that the toilet handle would not work, and the air conditioner ended up breaking. Not so awesome. Staff was generally sympathetic and tried their best to resolve issues, but the issues just kept coming faster than they could handle them. Also be advised that this hotel is not "full service" so there is no room service if you get hungry late at night or simply want to have breakfast in your room.

Room tip: Go with a suite, it's worth the extra money.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had not stayed in Condado in may years, and remember when this hotel was a run-down casino. It's now a beautifully-renovated property, with great prices and friendly service.

I booked after seeing a few positive reviews, and was happily surprised to find out the hotel had just opened a couple of weeks before our visit (they were literally shooting the promotional footage while we were there).

The rooms are on the small side (due to the older style of the building) - but modernly furnished and very clean. There are sunny balconies, comfy beds, and bright sunlight streaming in.

It's just a short walk to the beach, and across from the Walgreens - convenient for quick runs for supplies. The little gym was in great condition, and very private.

The only downside is the noise - we heard trucks unloading every morning. I'll attribute this to the older windows and structures, as there doesn't seem to be much sound-proofing.

Room tip: I always booked directly through Best Western's site to get their rewards points. The prices are almost always the same as Hotels.com and other discount sites - except the discount sites don't let you get points! Also - go for a high floor to avoid noise and get a better view (we were on the 8th floor, and had a side ocean view).
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed here on 4/29 - 5/3 for our honeymoon. I booked a standard King room via orbitz. I emailed the hotel directly before our travel to request an upgrade to a King Suite with an ocean view. When we arrived we got just that at no charge. Our room was very spacious with a nice view of the ocean. Balcony was large and went across the entire wall (windows/sliding doors from wall to wall). Kitchen is a little small, but having a full fridge is a plus. Dining room and living room are one area, so you definately don't feel like your crammed in like other places I've stayed.

Area is excellent. A block from the beach, Ashford Avenue is a few steps away, and there is a Walgreens across the street which made picking up items very easy.
Breakfast in the morning was great. They changed it up a few times during our stay, which added some variety. Easily saved $75 + on breakfast for the duration of our stay

I do have a couple of small issues with our stay, though. First, the mattress is VERY firm. I read this in prior reviews so I knew this was the case. We ordered about 6 or 7 comforters from housekeeping and that made the bed more comfortable. Also, when I booked through Orbitz, they told me it was all pre-paid. When I checked out the hotel charged me 18% resort rate on my base rate. It's not really there fault since I used a 3rd party, but I would confirm with the hotel if you book with a third party so there are no hidden suprises. I also knew this may be an issue based on prior reviews. I printed out a statement and will sette it with Orbitz.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay. If you're looking for the Hilton/Marriott experience, then this hotel is not for you. If you are looking to stay at a clean safe place where the workers are friendly and have easy access to the beach, then this is a good hotel.

Room tip: The suites are the way to go. I would suggest getting one on a high floor.
2  Thank kf2k3