“Terrible Visit”

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Fernandina Beach, FL
“Terrible Visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were sent here for one night when our hotel was overbooked due to cancelled flights to the states. It was not acceptible. The street noise was unreal and we were stuck back in a corner with a view of a parking lot on one side and a rooftop on the other. I think the area made us feel unsafe as well. This was described by a manager at La Concha as a "sister hotel" and I just don't see it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the least outside noise. We did not pay for this room so can't put a value...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brazvisitor
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear brazvisitor,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience at our hotel. I apologize that due to our sold out situation we were not able to accommodate you in one of our rooms with a scenic view. I do appreciate your comments, and can assure you that the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, which is why we have on-site security personnel and a camera monitored parking entrance with restricted access. Being in the heart of the Condado strip (and less than a block from your reservation at La Concha Resort), our location is actually regarded as VERY safe within the tourist district, with 24 hr police presence on every block.

If possible, please contact me directly at 787.370.1080 or at my e-mail, mrivas@condadopalm.com, as I would like to discuss this situation further with you.

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Czech first
West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We picked the hotel since for the location, which was about the only good thing about it. The pool was freezing, and there was no hot tub :( Breakfast was Gross. We all tool showers, and when the room was cleaned the next day we were left with 1 towel ??? And had to wait quite some time to receive more. The shower water wasn't hot, so didn't leave us feeling clean, coffee was available throughout the day, however after sitting since breakfast it was like mudd, and the staff verbalized they didn't know how to make !!! Our last day there we asked for a wakeup call so we could have at least cereal ,juice etc. only to not get a wake up call, leaving us 9 minutes to fly around before breakfast ending a 9:30... Not a good experience and felt that we paid a high rate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kimberly K
Dear Kimberly K,

I must extend my sincere apologies for the experience that you have mentioned in your review. We are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay and I greatly appreciate your feedback on our breakfast and room services. I must agree that what you have described is unacceptable, and I have discussed with our kitchen and housekeeping teams the actions to be taken, in order to prevent any future occurrences of the specific issues mentioned. I can assure you that this does not represent the efforts and consistency that our staff strives to provide our guests.
If possible please contact me at mrivas@condadopalm.com or at (787)721-9500 (787)370-1080, as I would like to have the opportunity to correct this impression you have left with.

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The Hotel is decent and is located a block away from the beach, was very convenient for us. The staff was excellent and very very helpful, answered all the questions patiently and provided all info we needed as me and my wife were first time visitors to PR.

Jihan was awesome !!! Our room was facing the street and for some reason there was a lot of noise and we couldn't sleep well, so we asked the receptionist if they could change rooms for us, Jihan gave us an Ocean view room as she learnt that we were celebrating our 1st year anniversary. The room was excellent and we had a once in a life time experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sameer A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Really great hotel, the staff was very attentive. Incredible food, service and facilities. Nearby a walgreens, restaurants, beaches, stores and markets.

One of the best hotels of the area, beautiful decoration and gardens.

1 Thank natalieklaboy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Great location and acomodations. Superb service! Awesome experience!!! I'll stay again and again and again. Near casinos restaurants has all you need for a great vacations. AAA two tumbs up A Ok. I recomend it hands down!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel is in a good location, just one block from the beach and near many good bars. The service is top notch, and the service is of high standard. The room that I stayed in was clean and roomy. I would stay again and I would recommend it to my friends.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Good location, ambient very comfortable nice aquarium at entrance a little issue with the internet but it was quickly fixed would definetely return again to it , food was also awesome bar could be bigger and a bridge between the two buildings would be interesting.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business