“Great hotel near beach”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here for four nights (our first time in San Juan) and had a great experience. Great location a block from the beach, nice pool, lounge chairs & fitness room, friendly staff, very clean, close to lots of bars and restaurants & conveniently across the street from a Walgreens. We got a great rate, and the free breakfast was nice. Short cab ride to see the sights in Old San Juan. We would definitely stay here again.

The only downside was that we could hear the thump of loud music on Friday and Saturday nights. We were on the 11th floor and could still hear it all night - but I guess that's the price you pay to be near so many bars and nightclubs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Emma G
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Hola Emma G,
Thank you for staying with us on your first visit to San Juan. I was happy to see that you liked the location of the hotel only a block away from the beach and surround by a variety of restaurants and shops, and I hope we will see you again next time you visit San Juan. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm and I will be happy to assist you with making your reservation.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Arrived on a Saturday afternoon for a one night stay before a Sunday RCL cruise departure. Good view of the ocean from our room on the 7th floor. Room was clean and comfortable. Guests in next room were noisy, so the walls are not sound proof. Check in went fine but check out was a bit unorganized. Manager did clear up some of the mess, but it was just too many people all checking out by 11:00 am on a Sunday. We were able to store our luggage there for some time before leaving for the terminal around 2:00 pm. Lobby area had some good quiet places for drinks. Breakfast was sufficient, but nothing exceptional. Server working there had her hands full with so many guests. Get there early. Perhaps a few more small tables around the pool would cut into the crown and noise. This was highly priced at $199 per night and with nearly $50 in taxes and fees.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hola CaptainSPI,
Thank you for your review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the ocean view from your room and that you found the room to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear the breakfast was a little crowded. As a result we have added some additional indoor and outdoor seating to make it more comfortable. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Ocean view rooms worth having. We stayed in the North tower. View was amazing from private balcony. Bed was comfortable. Shower always had hot water. King bed rooms a good size. Only one block from the beach. Walgreens opposite to pick up water ect. Lots if local bars and restaurants near by. The hotel bar had good service. Only $12 for 2 piña coladas. The complimentary breakfast was good, bacon, eggs, bagels, toast, coffee juice ect. Swimming pool was well maintained. The front desk staff were great. Very professional and helpful. The while experience was great! At taxi to Old San Juan was $15.00. Parking at hotel $14.00 a night We walked it one day, was worth it for the amazing costal views. They do have a gym at this hotel. If we were going to this area again we would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Ajh697
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hola ajh697,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us from the view from your room to the complimentary breakfast to the nearby restaurants and bars.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

While the staff working at the hotel tried to do what they could, after a long flight and a 5am arrival, we were awakened by the most god-awful hammering, drilling and sawing on the floor below us at 8am. Never able to go back to sleep. Spent a large part of one day of vacation just trying to get our room changed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you confirm that the construction has been completed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jkp99b
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hola jkp99b,
Thank you for bringing to my attention the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. I sincerely apologize that you and your family had to start your vacation this way. In a continuous effort to maintain our hotel in optimal conditions for our guests, we will from time to time undergo work in our guest rooms and public areas. However, my Chief Engineer has given clear instructions for work not to begin until after 10:30am, and I am sorry this what not the case during your stay.
I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service that characterizes us. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com and I will be more than happy to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Amazing staff, amazing location. The ocean front rooms are worth the extra cost. Clean, breakfast was very good, the give free wifi, free beach chairs. The only recommendation I have for the hotel is to play salsa, in the pool area and throughout the lobby. The hotel is directly across the street from Walgreens, and blocks away from very tasty food. One block away from the beach.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank kortiz11
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Best Western in Condado was perfect for my recent trip to San Juan. The staff were amazingly accommodating and answered all of my questions about things to do in the area. The pool and kiddie pool are decent sizes and the public beach is located a block away. When my party arrived an hour before check in, we were able to go straight to our room. After we checked out, we were able to store our luggage all day. The comprehensive continental breakfast is available from 6:30-9:30am but coffee is available all day. The bar located in the hotel is quite nice and serves cheap drinks. Short taxi ride to Old San Juan, and Isla Verde area. Considering the price, this is the best place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Miriam R

Hola Miriam R,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you had time to explore the area and that our staff was able to assist you with questions and suggestion. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel to celebrate and have fun in Condado and was the best choice. Luis Bartolomei at the Front Desk was very friendly. The room was fantastic with a view to the beach...and was very clean...Elsa from Housekeeping was excellent...I will definitely go back to this hotel. Keep doing a great job.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple