“TOTALLY IMPRESSED!!!”

Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
“TOTALLY IMPRESSED!!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Not only is this property comfortable, clean and convenient....The staff is beyond amazing! I took my daughter on a surprise trip to Puerto Rico not only to explore her heritage, but also to meet her grandfather for the very first time. (She is 12....) It just so happens that he lives about an hour and half from the hotel and it's quite confusing to get there. Needless to say, the front desk gentlemen, Omel, Carlos and Jean Paul were on it! They went above and beyond, finding me the easiest directions and even translating phone calls. (We don't speak Spanish.) I am so impressed with not only the hotel, but also these kind and professional individuals, that I would HIGHLY recommend a stay at the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn ans Suites. AMAZING!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Katie V
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hola Katy V,
I was thrilled to learn that you were impressed with our hotel. I am sure your daughter was impressed and thankful for you taking her to meet her puertorican family. I have shared your review with Omel, Carlos and Jean Paul, and they were all happy to see how their assistance positively affected this unique trip of yours. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

787-518-3346

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Czech first
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice, quiet. Room was great and there was even a view to the water, but there was an full garbage pail in the closet which was a total turnoff for an otherwise good experience. Breakfast was decent to and wifi signal was strong.

• Stayed February 2014
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is only about a year old. We paid the extra to have a partial ocean view -- it was really worth the difference -- we had windows on 2 sides of the room.

Lots of toiletries provided, coffee in room & lobby. Great breakfast -- eggs & meat every day, in addition to another hot side -- pancakes, hashbrowns, etc. Also apples, cereals, & breads.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was quite large & had a refrigerator & a microwave. The wifi was very fast and reliable, and there were lots of electrical outlets to recharge portable electronics.

The only better location would be in San Juan Viejo, but for us, this was very convenient since the wedding we attended at La Concha was only a 5 minute walk away. Lots of choices of restaurants in the area, as well, and only a 1/2 hr walk to the Art Museum of Puerto Rico.

Will definitely stay here again if we return to San Juan.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view, west end of building.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stan A
Hola Stan A,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that it was convenient for you to stay with us and attend a wedding at our nearby sister property, and I am glad you enjoyed your suite overlooking the ocean, including the kitchenette with the large refrigerator and microwave. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.

787-518-3346
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed on the street side with a balcony overlooking the action on the condado strip. There was a view of the water as well. The room was spacious and clean and extremely convenient for exploring the area. The is a starbucks next door and a walgreens on the other side. Lots of shopping and other more luxurious (expensive) hotels within short walking distance for eating/drinking on the ocean and gambling. We walked to Old San Juan one day, about 4 miles or so. The breakfast in the hotel was nice not great, eggs, bacon, french toast and all the other cold, continental choices. It could use a bit of updating but is overall a good value and a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We liked people watching on the street side with balcony. It was a little loud but not too bad. Ther...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lynniarc
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hola lynniarc,
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad your room was to your liking and with a view of the water. As you mention, the location of the hotel is great, right in the middle of wide selection of restaurants, bars and shopping. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Waterville, Maine
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Staying at this hotel was great! Not only was it a good price but the amenities and staff were just wonderful! For a last minute spring break trip I'd say we hit the jackpot! The interior of the hotel is modern and very clean, the pool was relaxing, workout facility was air conditioned and well-kept, and the beach was one minute away from the hotel! The staff, some of whom include Omel and Luis B., were among the nicest people I met on the trip. So great to have individuals that show that they care about your experience while you're on this island. They were extremely helpful when trying to navigate San Juan and were always available to answer questions. I would come back to this place in a heartbeat. Most definitely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim D
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hola Kim D,
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you had a great stay with us during your Spring Break trip. I have shared your review with Omel and Luis and they were both thrilled to know the positive influence they had on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hotels in San Juan can run fairly expensive, so I believe that this Best Western is a good value for the price. However, we experienced a lot of issues with the hotel that may make you want to pay up for a better one.

The location of this hotel was great for us - 1 block from the beach, lots of shops/restaurants nearby, a quick cab ride into Old San Juan. We paid a little more for an ocean front view - I think this was worth it. We got a large room with a small kitchen space, very large living room area (dining table seating 4, couch, TV), and then a bedroom area (not separated by a door but around a corner wall). We had a large balcony overlooking the ocean (and a not-so-nice parking garage - since the hotel is set back from the beach a block, you will not get JUST the ocean front view). The bed was comfortable, and the room seemed to be in fine condition (although kitchen seemed slightly more dated). Front desk staff was very kind. The hotel offers towels and beach chairs to take to the beach. It also offers its own pool which appeared well-maintained. Included breakfast was good. WiFi was easily accessible and fast.

Downsides: Because the ocean-front room faces a busy street, I will say that it was quite noisy on a Saturday night (less on Friday and Sunday). The street was packed with cars so there was a lot of honking, and we heard some yelling as well. (You may want to consider getting a room on a higher floor, although I am not certain this will make too much of a difference.) We came home one night after dinner to find a large bug on our floor - we pushed it out onto the balcony, where it was still there in the morning looking like a large (dead) roach. The breakfast was not always refreshed as quickly as demand would have it so if you didn't want to wait, you might miss out on the eggs/meat/potatoes/yogurt/etc. One of beach chairs we got on our first day there was broken - we notified the front desk upon our return and set it aside for them to be aware. The next day we were handed the exact same broken beach chair. Our shower never had hot water and despite notifying the front desk, this was never fixed.

While the front desk staff was very pleasant, they did not seem to be the most competent. We asked them about arranging a tour to a bioluminescent bay. The concierge told us he would call the tour company and then give us more information. When he did call, he only quoted us a price and asked us if it was ok. When I inquired further as to the details of the tour (What is the tour exactly? How long is it? What time is it?) he only said, "Oh, I don't know, I will have to call the tour company back. I will call you back in a few minutes." Thirty minutes later, he called back. He said that the tour was for kayaking and that he would call us back later about what time to be ready for pickup. He ended up giving us about a 2 hr warning to be ready - enough time. However, the tour was almost an hour late to pick us up - we got nervous after about 30 minutes of waiting and tried to find the concierge, but he was no longer there. When we inquired about the wait with another staff member, she had no record of our tour being set up, and was unaware of what company we were using. She had to call the initial employee to get the information. She reported that he would call the tour company to check on our pickup, and then call us back. (Why the staff member at the hotel could not contact the tour company direclty, I have no idea - it seemed a very inefficient game of telephone). He called her back and she let us know that pickup was "on the way" (arriving about 5-10 minutes later). We ended up going to the Fajardo Bay, although we had originally been interested in trying to set up a trip to Mosquito Bay in Vieques. Still a good experience, but not exactly what we had expected. Granted, looking back we didn't mention Mosquito Bay by name to the concierge so perhaps this was our fault, but we also weren't offered information about any options for a tour - it just seemed there was only one.

Sorry for the long story, but the moral would be - be wary of having the hotel staff set up any tours, and be very specific about exactly what kind of tour you are interested in. It might help also to get all the information from the staff regarding the tour (company name, a contact phone number, etc) beforehand - we did not do this and just trusted the hotel to handle everything, so perhaps we were naive.

In summary, for the price it might be worth staying here, but there were definitely a lot of small issues that arose during our stay. I would consider staying here again depending on the rate, and how the rate compares with other nearby hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EWVA1512
Hola EW15,
Thank you for staying with us. I was happy to read that your found the location of the hotel to be great, close to the beach, bars and restaurant and that it provided you with good value. I must apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, and I can assure you that your feedback will be used as a training tool so we can avoid these situations in the future. I do hope we will get another opportunity of welcoming you back as our guest, and I ask that you please contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com next time you come to San Juan so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The location of this hotel is indeed good. One block from a lovely beach, near a pharmacy....but walking around for 10 minutes confirms MANY hotels fit that criteria. I will likely try another one next time.

Rooms were very dated, small, plain. Couldn't get in our room until 1530 hours, not good. Breakfast pretty typical for a continental motel style breakfast.

The staff were very courteous, and one of the girls at the front gave us a tip to go to the BEST local restaurant, the name of which escapes me right now unfortunately. But ask for the great local joint a mere block away, where they play live jazz every evening, and have great traditional food. We went there for lunch, dinner, and again for breakfast the next day!!

We appreciated the staff putting on Olympics for us to watch. We also had a nice time in the bar at the front, nice vibe (but it should be open much earlier!)

Wifi didn't work in our room, which sucked, but was good in the lobby area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diamondlover
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hola Diamondlover,
Thank you for staying with us. I was happy to read that you liked the location of the hotel, literally across the street from the beach, and that you received good advice on restaurants in the area. I am sorry that your room did not live up to your expectations. As for the opening hours of the bar, they have already been extended. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity next time you visit San Juan. Please feel to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.