“Good service - nice room”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at the Best Western the day before our cruise. Got to the hotel and were greeted warmly at the check in desk. Our room was ready for us and was very comfortable. The room was clean and large. We asked for a room on one of the higher floors and found that we had no problem with noise from the streets. The next morning had breakfast at the hotel and it was good. The staff was cleaning up from other guests at breakfast and restocking the breakfast. A good place to stay and would again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KWis
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hola KWis,
Thank you for staying with us prior to your cruise. I was happy to read that you liked your room and enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.

787-518-3346

Write a ReviewReviews (1,663)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We chose the Best Western based on reviews and past experience at other locations. We booked a partial oceanview room. We requested an early check-in and arrived around noon but the room wasn't ready. Our luggage was held in an open section of the bar area (not an overly "secure location", in my opinion, as was indicated when I made the reservation). Lobby area was all fine. Our room was average at best and could definitely use a few updates. Our main issue was the room smelled extremely musty and the air conditioner was leaking and the carpeting was actually wet. We had to request a room change due to the smell. We were accomodated no problem. Our next room, one floor down, was fine - no smell, but again, was "average" plus when we went to turn on the shower, the knobs came off in our hands. This was not what I was expecting for the $189 US rate, plus resort fee & taxes (over $250 Cdn). Service was good (someone did call later that evening to see if the second room was okay), all staff that we interacted with were friendly, bed was comfortable, breakfast in the morning was fine, but the room itself was a disappointment. We were expecting more for the money we paid. Nearby beach was nice and having Walgreens across the street was really convenient. This was our first visit to San Juan and I realize hotels in the area are expensive, but from the pictures we saw online, and the price we were paying, we just expected more of the room. I completed a review of our stay at the request of Best Western and received an email this past weekend from one of the Managers requesting my telephone number so he could call to discuss my issues, which I did appreciate - it is nice to see that they are following up on any concerns.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hola SandiA123,
Thank you for acknowledging the staff for their friendly service while you stayed with us. Please accept my apologies for the room not living up to your expectations. We truly value your business which is why we contacted you to see how we can regain your confidence in us. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family and I (family of four which includs wo teenagers) truly enjoyed staying at the Best Western Plus Condado. We stayed 2 nights. The hotel breakfast was very good and it included hot eggs, sausage, cereals, coffee, etc. and the stay were constantly replenishing the breakfast. The staff was very attentive and friendly and always answered our questions with a smile. Miriam Flores was very sweet and was very helpful and answered my many questions with a smile. She and all the staff are are true asset to Best Western. We ate at Orozco's and also Mike's Pizzeria and Subs which were two places recommened by the staff and the food was delicious. The hotel was one block from the beach and our room had a partial ocean view from the 4th floor. We were also walking distance to many restaurants and also could take a taxi or the local bus anytime. We took the local bus from Old San Juan to the hotel and it was only 75 cents per person. Many in San Juan could speak English and everyone was very friendly. We went to El Morro Forte which was very nice. It also included a gym and also an outdoor pool. We would stay at this hotel again and would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in San Juan.

Room Tip: I would stay at least on the 4th floor or higher to get a better ocean view. The hotel is also 100...
1  Thank Helen V
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hola Helen V,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and that you received great service. I have have shared your review with Miriam, and she was thrilled to know the positive impact she had on your stay. We look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is located in a great area, near the beach, lots of restaurants, bars, and casinos. The hotel is really nicely decorated with a pretty lobby and awesome rooms. The beds were really comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. Also, they have an all-you-can-eat breakfast included for each night that you stay. I liked the hotel a lot.

2  Thank j1m3ba11

Hola Jiiimmmena,
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you liked the location of the hotel in the heart of Condado near numerous restaurants, bars and casinos and I hope that we will see you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com and so I can personally assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Perfect for a weekend getaway. The Suites were big, they have a dining table, kitchen space, living area, a sofa bed, one bedroom, 2 TV's and one big balcony with beach view. The hotel includes a full breakfast and close to it there are dozens of restaurants to eat and some are 24 hours open. Great choice for the money.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the best the view.
2  Thank fishrodriguez

Hola fishrodriguez,
Thank you for staying with us during your "turismo interno". I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be excellent and that you enjoyed the spacious suite with kitchenette, living room, sofa bed and a great view of the ocean from the balcony. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed @ Best Western Condado before our Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruise! From the moment we pulled up in the taxi the staff was @ our door with friendly smiles & to help with our bags! Every single person we encountered from the girls @ the desk to the assistants in the breakfast area to the bartenders.. from that moment on was very very helpful, Friendly, courteous & professional! One wonderful surprise was that our rooms were upgraded to a beautiful larger ocean view balcony -- because we are Best Western Rewards Members! (It is free to join) The room was comfortable & very clean with plenty of towels & nice little gels & shampoos if so desired. The free breakfast was delicious & had something for everyone with a good assortment of hot & cold items including fresh fruit & juices! The pool area is also a comfortable place to sit & have a cup of coffee with many umbrella tables. There is also free internet computers to use as desired!
This Best West Condado is right across from the beach, & is within walking distance (a few blocks) to many great restaurants & bars which was perfect for us since we did not have to rent a car! It is also very close to the Airport & to the Cruise port which made a taxi very affordable!
We happened to get a great price on this hotel & we would DEFINATELY stay here again because of the location & the value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor if available so you would be less likely to hear the city traffi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tricia N

Hola Tricia N,
Thank you for staying with us prior to your cruise. I am happy we were able to upgrade you to one of our suites, and it gives me great pleasure knowing that you received great service from our staff throughout your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any future assistance.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and the location was nice to be able to get to the beach quickly. We found out fast that the nicer part of the beach was off limits if you weren't staying at the Marriott right on the beach. We stayed on the 7th floor and at night the noise around the hotel was very loud. You heard everything from garbage trucks picking up the garbage to street traffic, and everything else that comes with being in a downtown area. The breakfast was a very standard continental, nothing to exciting there. Also, the pool was very small, and had no view of the ocean. Also, there wasn't a hot tub anywhere. That was disappointing. If you're looking for a cheap room this place would work fine, but if you want a pool with a ocean view, and a nice bar/restaurant on the beach then I suggest looking at the Marriott down the street.

2  Thank Justin C

Hola Justin C,
I want to thank you for letting us know that you received friendly service from our staff during your stay. All beaches in Puerto Rico are public beaches, and while some of the beach front resorts do provide their guests with beach chairs, these areas are not exclusive to these hotels. We at the Condado Palm also offer our guests beach towels and chairs free of charge to take to the beach. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.