“Where do I start?”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I can't say enough good things about the lower part of this hotel. I wish I was better at remembering names because these people deserve to be recognized. So my apologize to them. What I mean by this, is the front desk people couldn't of been any nicer and helpful. The pool is small, but the area is kept clean and inviting. Lobby/computer area also welcoming. We could always find something at breakfast to eat. But then again we are early riser's. One day I passed the area around 9:30ish and noticed that things were getting a little picked over. The breakfast staff also did a great job. We spent one night at the happy hour, and enjoyed the company of some other guest. The gentlemen bar tender was great, and made me a special rum drink that was very yummy.

Let me start out with this was our first time to San Juan. We did not fall in love with it. It is very city orientated. The price's you pay for lunch, dinner, drink's are expensive in the area. And we weren't the only people complaining about it. I live outside a manger city, and know that, when in the city you do pay a little more for things. But the taxes on things there are high, so first timer's beware. We're not extreme drinker's of alcohol. But know, if you have a favorite you may not find it in the liquor store's there. And if you are willing to substitute you may be paying for it. We did take the bus to old San Juan a few days very cheap just .75 and the bus stop is right down the block from the hotel. But a heads up the buses run far and few between. The beach was ok. Seen prettier. The hotel does have free beach chair's to use but most were broken in some way. But the staff did his best to find us the better of them. One women said she got a good one and was keeping it in her room until she left.

Now about our room. After reading reviews of road noise's I requested a higher up room. Request was filled. That seemed to work for us. We were on the 18th floor, a suite. Bed was a little hard for us. We could see the water only after you looked over the roof of the neighboring hotel's parking ramp. Not the worse of our room problems. More than enough room to move around. The kitchenette was a life saver. As we gave into two personal sized frozen pizza's in the microwave from Walgreens one night. Yes the room needs a good cleaning. my white sock's got a little black from the carpeting. Not sure what was on the wall around the toilet paper holder. Spot's of unknown origin on the sofa. Walls and tables a little scuffed up. I remembered a friend told me how to mark a sheet to see if you were getting fresh sheets. I did this only because I could tell that our sheet weren't being changed daily. Which I was right. Remember that pizza I brought up? The dishes sat in the sink for two days. They don't give you anything to wash them yourself so I felt this was their job. The things that were used in the kitchenette were not replaced daily. I dropped a bag of popcorn and did my best to pick it up. But the small left overs that I couldn't get by hand were there all week. One day it took them until 6 in the evening to even touch our room, and they were across the hall cleaning at 8 A.M. when we left for breakfast. Don't under stand that one. Geez I could go on with a few other things. But don't want to drag this out any more than I have. We stopped tipping the last few days. When it was brought to the front desk that our A.C. was dripping on our heads as we used the sink, and the threshold came apart from the carpeting/tile, and a light was out in the ceiling, along with what was going on with housekeeping. They said they'd take care of the repair, and gave us a small compensation for our Hassel's. A.C. was fixed while we were out to dinner but nothing else. So you decide from my review...

Also when Best Western sent their survey out I pretty much respond the same way. The manager sent a email along with a phone call to see what they could do to make things right. Didn't speak to him as we weren't home. My husband said we probably weren't returning to that area to soon, so no need to call him back. Nice follow up though

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bikinggirl43323
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hola Bikinggirl43323,
Thank you for bringing to my attention the positive experience you had during your interactions with our staff. I do apologize for not living up to your expectations in the cleanliness of your room. I have shared your review with my Director of Housekeeping and the staff so we may improve in this area. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

787-518-3346

Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Neither my wife nor I fell in love with san juan but we did have a great time at the best western. The staff was just fantastic, always answering our questions, attentive to our needs and even offering us a free room upgrade when our first room was less than what we expected. I would stay here again because it made the city much more personable and manageable

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glu5431

Hola glu5431,
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and received great service from our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, where hopefully you can explore more of Puerto Rico and fall in love with the island. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadpalm.com if I can be of any future assistance.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at the Best Western the day before our cruise. Got to the hotel and were greeted warmly at the check in desk. Our room was ready for us and was very comfortable. The room was clean and large. We asked for a room on one of the higher floors and found that we had no problem with noise from the streets. The next morning had breakfast at the hotel and it was good. The staff was cleaning up from other guests at breakfast and restocking the breakfast. A good place to stay and would again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KWis

Hola KWis,
Thank you for staying with us prior to your cruise. I was happy to read that you liked your room and enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We chose the Best Western based on reviews and past experience at other locations. We booked a partial oceanview room. We requested an early check-in and arrived around noon but the room wasn't ready. Our luggage was held in an open section of the bar area (not an overly "secure location", in my opinion, as was indicated when I made the reservation). Lobby area was all fine. Our room was average at best and could definitely use a few updates. Our main issue was the room smelled extremely musty and the air conditioner was leaking and the carpeting was actually wet. We had to request a room change due to the smell. We were accomodated no problem. Our next room, one floor down, was fine - no smell, but again, was "average" plus when we went to turn on the shower, the knobs came off in our hands. This was not what I was expecting for the $189 US rate, plus resort fee & taxes (over $250 Cdn). Service was good (someone did call later that evening to see if the second room was okay), all staff that we interacted with were friendly, bed was comfortable, breakfast in the morning was fine, but the room itself was a disappointment. We were expecting more for the money we paid. Nearby beach was nice and having Walgreens across the street was really convenient. This was our first visit to San Juan and I realize hotels in the area are expensive, but from the pictures we saw online, and the price we were paying, we just expected more of the room. I completed a review of our stay at the request of Best Western and received an email this past weekend from one of the Managers requesting my telephone number so he could call to discuss my issues, which I did appreciate - it is nice to see that they are following up on any concerns.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hola SandiA123,
Thank you for acknowledging the staff for their friendly service while you stayed with us. Please accept my apologies for the room not living up to your expectations. We truly value your business which is why we contacted you to see how we can regain your confidence in us. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family and I (family of four which includs wo teenagers) truly enjoyed staying at the Best Western Plus Condado. We stayed 2 nights. The hotel breakfast was very good and it included hot eggs, sausage, cereals, coffee, etc. and the stay were constantly replenishing the breakfast. The staff was very attentive and friendly and always answered our questions with a smile. Miriam Flores was very sweet and was very helpful and answered my many questions with a smile. She and all the staff are are true asset to Best Western. We ate at Orozco's and also Mike's Pizzeria and Subs which were two places recommened by the staff and the food was delicious. The hotel was one block from the beach and our room had a partial ocean view from the 4th floor. We were also walking distance to many restaurants and also could take a taxi or the local bus anytime. We took the local bus from Old San Juan to the hotel and it was only 75 cents per person. Many in San Juan could speak English and everyone was very friendly. We went to El Morro Forte which was very nice. It also included a gym and also an outdoor pool. We would stay at this hotel again and would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in San Juan.

Room Tip: I would stay at least on the 4th floor or higher to get a better ocean view. The hotel is also 100...
1  Thank Helen V
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hola Helen V,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and that you received great service. I have have shared your review with Miriam, and she was thrilled to know the positive impact she had on your stay. We look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is located in a great area, near the beach, lots of restaurants, bars, and casinos. The hotel is really nicely decorated with a pretty lobby and awesome rooms. The beds were really comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. Also, they have an all-you-can-eat breakfast included for each night that you stay. I liked the hotel a lot.

2  Thank j1m3ba11

Hola Jiiimmmena,
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you liked the location of the hotel in the heart of Condado near numerous restaurants, bars and casinos and I hope that we will see you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com and so I can personally assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Perfect for a weekend getaway. The Suites were big, they have a dining table, kitchen space, living area, a sofa bed, one bedroom, 2 TV's and one big balcony with beach view. The hotel includes a full breakfast and close to it there are dozens of restaurants to eat and some are 24 hours open. Great choice for the money.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the best the view.
2  Thank fishrodriguez

Hola fishrodriguez,
Thank you for staying with us during your "turismo interno". I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be excellent and that you enjoyed the spacious suite with kitchenette, living room, sofa bed and a great view of the ocean from the balcony. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.