“Excellent Service, Facilities And Location”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Service, Facilities And Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The staff was extra helpful and the facilities clean and comfortable. It was great to be only one very short walk from a beautiful beach. Mu husband and I had a wonderful time here. We would recommend it for any couple or family that wanted to have a fun and relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SurfSoundMeditator
CondadoPalm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hola SurfSoundMeditator,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel near the beach and that you found your room and the facilities to be clean. I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

787-518-3346

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Czech first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My boyfriend & I recently came back from our week long vacation in Puerto Rico. We stayed at the Best Western the entire stay. From begining to end, the staff was incredible. The rooms are very neat and clean. The only downfall was not having a DVD player...I know we were on vacation but after sun bathing and being sun burnt all day a relaxing night watching a movie would have been a good cure. ;) The beach chairs aren't the best but they're FREE as well as beach towels.

Complimentary breakfast is yummy. Definitely helps not having to spend money on buying breakfast for 7 days straight.

We met lots of the staff but Jean Paul and Luis were a huge help. I hope i got the names right. :)

To summarize, this was my boyfriend & I's first vacation together. We are both 20 and had no idea what to expect. We absolutely loved our stay here and if we come back to Puerto Rico, we will definitely come back! :)

Room Tip: If you hate city noise, definitely choose a higher floor. We loved being on the fourth floor and hea...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank seeairuhh
Hola seeairuhh,
I am happy to read that you and your boyfriend had an awesome stay during the week you spent with us. I shared your review with Jean Paul and he was thrilled to learn the positive impact he had on your stay. Your suggestion of having DVDs available is great, so I will be purchasing some in order to be able to lend them to our future guests. Please feel free to contact me at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel was beautiful, clean, and I'd definitely stay here again. Location was great as well! The view was gorgeous and every time I come to Puerto Rico I hope to get the same suite we were given!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sandra M
Hola sandalier,
It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you loved the location and the view from your suite. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com for your next reservation so I can personally assist you and try to get you that same suite.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

From the beginning to the end this was one definitely unforgettable stay. The check in was a breeze(thanks to Jihan-hope I am not misspelling her name- who was amazing professional). The rooms are spacious, with microwave, fridge and coffee machine inside. The AC was working nice. The breakfast was excellent. One thing that the hotel does not mention it - there are complimentary beach towels for one that goes out to the beach.
The pool, even small, is nice and well maintained. WiFi connection is one of the best ones i ever experienced at the hotels - never dropped and fast.
Wallgreens is right across the street - huge plus. Public bus stop is close by as well.
Will stay again if I have a chance.
P.s. While I was eating at the breakfast area I noticed a person who to me looked like a manager or a supervisor who was working along with the other staff - arranging the tables, mopping the floor and cleaning - making sure everything is spotless. Nice example which shows you how excellent this place is run.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MilenSt
CondadoPalm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hola MilenSt,
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that Jihan provided you with a friendly and professional check-in. I shared your review with Jihan and she was excited to learn of the positive influence she had on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Juan. Please feel free to contact me at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I recently came back from the Best Western Plus Condado in San Juan, PR and had a great time. This is a great hotel conveniently located in Condado Central on Ashford Avenue and is within walking distance from many things - the beach, stores, restaurants, clubs. I went for a mini-vacation this past weekend and was highly impressed with the hotel service. Although the exterior of the hotel looks small, the rooms are spacious and clean. We had four people staying in a room with two queen beds and had plenty of room. The room included a safe, fridge, microwave, was well air conditioned, the beds were comfortable, the tv was flat screen and they did have an ipod dock. The only thing I would have upgraded was the bathroom (was a little outdated but did not bother me too much). But other than that, I have no complaints. The hotel DOES provide complimentary FULL breakfast (eggs, tater tots, sausages, juices, coffee, cereals, breads) between the hours of 6:30 am - 10:30 am, so it's a great way to save money! There is also a 24-hour Walgreens right across the street from the hotel, which has everything you need. We also rented a car and were able to park in a private parking, conveniently located behind the hotel, which provides hotel guests with a discounted price of $15/per day. The hotel also had a small intimate pool, which was nice and clean in case you didn't want to sunbathe in the beach. All in all, this hotel truly speaks to what they advertise. I would definitely recommend this hotel for all types of groups (work, family, friends, etc.) given the location, price and hospitality of the workers. I will definitely be staying here again! The staff was friendly and very helpful as well. You can't get any better than this for the price.

Room Tip: We stood on the 12th floor and even though our room did not have a balcony, it appeared to be bigger...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jet1415
Hola Jet1415,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our location close to restaurants, bars and the beach met your needs. Also, I am glad you were able to take advantage of our daily complimentary hot breakfast as well as the pool area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good things- most employees are nice. Good location but very noisy. Good price.
Things that make it not worth starying there - -When we were checking in the rooms were not ready. There were at least 4 other couples waiting when we arrived and more arrived while we were waiting. They offered to store our luggage and we were told to come back in an hour or so. The room was ready when we returned in about 90 minutes. The room was a good size but chopped up. It was a room with entrance to 2 rooms, ours and someone else's. We could hear every word in the other room. The view was of Wallgreens and it was very, very noisy ALL night long. The shades were down and when opening them we were looking into to the apartments next door and they could see us also. The space with the closet and microwave and safe has a window with no shade. The apartments can see everything in that room. . Also, at night the busy intersection of Condado and Ashford was so loud with a homeless man screaming at the Wallgreens patrons. The cleanliness was not great. There was hair on the bathroom sink when we checked in and ink stains on the sheets. I called corporate on the second day because our room was not cleaned when we returned to our room at about 3:30PM. We had left at 8AM. The maid came right away,
There were no towels at the pool. We asked for some at the front desk and was told they would bring us some. Didn't get any in 30 minutes so we asked the guy emptying the dirty towels if he had any and he said go to the front desk. Sigh. About 20 minutes later when we were leaving a front desk man came out to give is some and when we told him we no longer needed them he made a disgusted face!! I have always stayed across the street at the Marriott and will make my next reservations there. You get what you pay for. It is not worth the aggravation. There doesn't seem to be enough employees to clean the rooms. The cleaning staff works hard. Maybe some of the excess front desk staff could help out so rooms are ready for check in and get cleaned before 3 pm.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room facing the Wallgreens if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frequent t
Hola frequent t,
Thank you for bringing to my attention the areas of opportunity for improvements. I appreciate you commenting on the employees being nice, and I will certainly discuss all your issues with the corresponding departments in order to prevent this to from happening again. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com or my direct line 787-518-3346 to see how we can restore your confidence in us.

Racine, Wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

A belated review for a group of seven couples that stayed pre-cruise in January. We all enjoyed the hotel; the location was terrific for walking to nearby restaurants and bars. All of the rooms had been recently renovated and were very nice. Since it was very crowded that weekend because of the festival in Old San Juan, it did take a while to get our rooms. But the check in staff was terrific and offered us drink coupons for the bar to compensate for the inconvenience.
The complimentary breakfast was appreciated; however the layout of the breakfast area is difficult to negotiate during the peak times. The pool as others have stated is small, but ok. Beach access is almost directly across the street.
The neighborhood offers many dining choices; our group walked over to the Atlantic Beach Hotel and had drinks (many) and appetizers in a delightful beachfront atmosphere. Highly recommend!
And, particularly convenient was the Walgreens across the street. Great place to stock up on sunscreen, hats and other sun/beach necessities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diane from WI
CondadoPalm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hola Diane from WI,
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that your group of pre-cruisers enjoyed your stay with us, and that the location was convenient to you with nearby restaurants, bars and the beach. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.