“Great Hotel, Great price and Great location”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had originally booked a hotel in Manati since I was working in Arecibo, and I had changed my reservation the day before leaving and I am so glad I did.. Condado is a very happening place and there is no shortage of great food and sites (and the beach) within walking distance of the Best Western Plus. Great location !!! Hotel staff was extremely nice and check in was very fast. Room was very nice, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the entire trip was like a vacation every night after work. A short drive to Old San Juan and no shortage of great food, bars, shops. I would absolutely stay at the Best Western Plus again in the future.

Room Tip: Superb location for the price and very family friendly
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank tbv710
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hola!
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you had a great stay, and that after hours on your business trip felt like a vacation. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com for your next reservations, whether it be for business or with the family.

787-518-3346

Write a ReviewReviews (1,691)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was a one night stay prior to departing on a cruise. Location was excellent,. Restaurants, the beach, Wallgreen's, super market, casino, all within walking distance. The hotel was clean and priced right. The pool was small but the pool area was attractive. All common areas were well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was mediocre and served in a small cramped area. The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robinob
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hola Robinob,
Thank you for staying with us. I was happy to read that you found the location to be excellent and that you received friendly attention from our staff throughout your stay. I am sorry that our daily complimentary hot breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

First off, the hotel is in a great location with great restaurants, easy access to highway, close to the airport and beautiful beach. The suites are really big with a kitchen and lots of places to stash things out of the way and big balcony.. The front desk is trying their best to be helpful but the communication seems to be at issue. We couldn't get into our room until 4:30 because the guests weren't checking out on time. It was clearly cleaned in a rush because I washed the dirty bathroom floor with a washcloth. It was not pretty. Housekeeping didn't come the next day until around 5pm when we were all in the room and it was a pain so we jut had the bathroom cleaned and got towels. They never came again the next day. And we had to call housekeeping when we first got there 4 times for sheets for the sleeper.

When we talked to the manager the last day, he was very apologetic and made it up to us by reducing our rate.

Breakfast is a nice feature. Hot eggs, muffins, oatmeal, cereal. Something for everyone. The biggest hassle is that the national soccer league office is right next to the elevators near the breakfast area. They hang out in front of the elevators and drag stuff back and forth during breakfast. It's a little chaotic. We were there during the World Cup, so maybe it was just the timing.

The hotel provides beach chairs and towels and its a minute walk to the beach.

Probably wouldn't stay again, but it worked this trip and ended up being a pretty good value.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor. Our "Partial Ocean View" in room 1210 was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarcyKL
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hola MarcyKL,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you liked the location of the hotel and found the suites to be spacious. I do apologize for the inconvenience your experienced with your room, but I am glad the situation was resolved to your satisfaction. I do hope you will give us another opportunity and I ask that you please contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This property in San Juan's uber-trendy Condado is likely the closet one gets to being physically on the beach without being right smack on it. It is a mere block away, however, and a decent bet in this area without having to break the bank.

Situated right on Calle Condado, you're literally in the heart of simmering downtown. Excellent restaurants and nightlife abound, mostly within walking distance. Yerba Buena on Ashford Avenue, the main thoroughfare, is a pretty decent choice for scrumptious Cubano/Puerto Rican fare. And for something different once you've had your fill of the local specialties, try Ali Baba for absolutely delicious Turkish cuisine.

Check in was fairly quick and easy enough though I did notice that at peak times, patrons tended to experience longer than typical wait times. For the most part though, it's fairly straightforward.
I believe North tower rooms have ocean views though, alas, I was in the South tower.
Initially assigned room 301 but immediately insisted on a change because of its street exposure and my concern that I might encounter street noise which would likely have been disruptive to a proper night's rest. The only other available choice was one floor up but on a slightly different angle, a corner room, Room 402. It did make a bit of a difference.

Rooms tend to be spacious (mine was a King) and more than comfortably slept two. The usuals: Coffee/tea on demand beverage service, safe, flat screen TV and a decent size bath with basic toiletries present. I'd forgotten my toothbrush and the nice folks at reception sent one up right away. Complimentary wireless internet connection is also available.

Breakfast was included in my reservation (as is standard, I believe). Don't expect a spread worthy of the Four Seasons; more realistically, standard continental choices, if a bit scant, are available. Other amenities present: onsite bar, fitness center, ATM ($2 transaction fee--better than the one in the Walgreens across the street which charges $4 per withdrawal).

Overall it was a pretty decent stay. **It's likely a 3-star experience but gets the addnl. star for location, location, location; comp. Wi-Fi and value for money.**

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank theflyinggazelle
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hola yappingwithyomi,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. As you mention were are only a few steps from the beach and surrounded by a variety of restaurants. I am glad to see we could assist you with your missing toiletries - we have various items available for our guests if need should be. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location was nice, the area on the side of the beach can get really busy at times but it is a tourist area. The hotel was really nice in the lobby area but the breakfast area was a bit small and cramped. Pool was quite small but fine to relax by in the evenings with a cold drink. The rooms were okay. The plus side was the amazing view and balcony we had overlooking the ocean. The down side would have to be the bathroom was really outdated and need some attention. We didn't use the kitchen much at all, just the fridge for some cold drink storage. The beds were not too soft but wasn't a real deal breaker and I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors are your best bed as it does get pretty loud at night down on the street and there...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 38Angie3

Hola 38Angie3,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am happy you found the area to be great and that you enjoyed the amazing view of the ocean from your balcony or having a night cap by the pool. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any future assistance.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We traveled with our 19 year old son to Puerto Rico the beginning of June. Our stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The staff was friendly and courteous. The lobby, breakfast area, computer area, gym and pool area were all very clean and modern. The rooms were small, but i think this is to be expected since this location is an urban beach area. They were clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. I will agree that the common areas on the room floors were looking a bit tired. The breakfast was definitely a convenience for us since we were on the go first thing in the morning. Standard free breakfast fare. The beach is literally a walk across the street. It is pretty clean, but the surf is strong in this area. Was great for body boarding. Since it is located on the corner of Ashford and Condado, it is extremely convenient to many restaurants and some higher end shops which are located on Ashford, all within walking distance. Definitely try The Place and Cafe Del Angel. The parking was in a lot behind the hotel and cost around $16/day. Yes, there are some homeless people along Ashford Avenue. This is an urban area and it should not come as complete surprise. They were also in Old San Juan and some other places we visited. However, they do not pester you. It was also close to the freeway and just a couple of miles from Old San Juan. It is one of the lower priced chain hotels in the area, which gave us the ability to do more attractions in the area. I would stay at this hotel again if we visit Puerto Rico in the future.

Room Tip: We were in the North tower with a beach view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingHockeyMom

Hola TravelingHockeyMom,
It was a pleasure having your family stay with us. I am happy you had a pleasant stay with us and found the area to be conveniently located close to the beach, restaurants and freeway. I am thrilled to know that you will stay with us again next time you visit Puerto Rico. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I may assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I used this hotel during a short trip to the island, and recommend it.
Goes by the Best Western standards, with a high note on staff, both at reception and cleaning.
Rooms were not incredible, but got the basics. Internet was up and running with a high quality broadband during all my stay.

As in other places by the shore there is a never ending battle against mold. At the corridors looks like they are taking a beat, but fortunately rooms were safe from any smell.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vmazzo

Hola Vmazzo,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our complimentary wireless internet, and I appreciate you recommending us to your colleagues and friends. I can assure you that we have a vigorous program in place to combat mold throughout the hotel, and currently we no issues. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.