“Best Western, Super!”

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Western, Super!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

BW is the perfect hotel to stay in the Condado for the value. My traveling partner and I stayed 5 nights at the BW, Condado (from 7/10 - 7/15) and we were very impressed with the service and the level of professionalism from the staff. I will definitely come back again, again! Luis and the other staff members were fabulous! Every time I needed directions or anything that needed to be taken care of, they were on top of it immediately and with such genuineness that you seldom find anywhere else. We absolutely loved Mary! She was helpful with great tips and was simply a delight in conversing with her. I've told my friends and family about BW and hopefully we will all get a chance to visit sometime in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms were just about the right size, clean and neat.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tillit2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very nice and comfy. Great location. Clean and neat. Excellent service. Good food and comfortable facilities. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Norabogada
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Amazed by the service! The hotel was decent, clean, daily breakfast. PERFECT location! Beach/restaurants/shopping-walking distance. Quick taxi service.

The staff: Luis, Omel, & Verenize coordinated & scheduled our activities each day-snorkeling/touring/jet skiing/kayaking! All at very reasonable prices.

Lety, hotel bartender, made the BEST drinks!

Great stay!

Stayed March 2014
6 Thank Tanjuer H
Seattle
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here during my summer vacation at Puerto Rico and it was a truly wonderful stay. The girls at front desk made the process easy and stress free. Jihan was very kind and more than helpful in making sure I had everything I needed and verenize (if I'm not mistaken) was very friendly and accommodating. The room I stayed in was very beautiful; it had a nice view of the beach, that is only a block away and they lend you beach chairs which is awesome. The room was always clean and neat. Luis R. and coral from housekeeping always made sure of it. The breakfast in general is alright, but the oatmeal is really good. I really didn't like the coffee though. Location wise, the hotel is great because it was close to many different restaurants and places to "hang out" and it had Walgreens across the street. In the end, I had a great time during my vacation and I would definitely come back to this hotel and recommend it to anybody who is visiting.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank EdithsieP
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I REALLY enjoyed our stay here at this hotel. The lady at the front desk her name was Alexandra was a really big help during our entire stay. She helped us set up a tour at the last minute to the rain forest and to see all of the main attractions around the area. The hotel is a prime location, it is only 2 blocks away from the beach. The room was breath taking. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to visit Puerto Rico and me and my husband will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Darryl N
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hola!
Thank you for your kind review.I was happy to read that you spent your best anniversary vacation ever while staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more anniversaries to come. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
bbramsen@condadopalm.com
787-518-3346
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed two nights pre-cruise here as a precaution during hurricane season and so we could get in some touristing of Old San Juan before we departed. The hotel portion we stayed in was a recent renovation of an apartment building or condos I believe. They worked hard on it but there were still things that came up. Like the instant on hot water heater not working. The thing worked the night before but kicked off a breaker in the unit itself during the night. To get to it the maintenance guy had to come up with a drill and remove a panel to get at it and hit the reset. If it had simply been the breaker I would have got it myself. We had an upper floor above Avenida Ashford. High enough to not be too bothered by the thumping disco music from a couple of bars in the area and we had a great view of the ocean too. The bed was the typical Latin America hotel bed, hard. We slept okay but woke up a litte sore. There was little cushion to relieve the pressure points. This is not the same type of bed you get in the States but typical of what we have found in the middle tier hotels in latin america. The staff was very pleasant and helpful both pre and post cruise. We found lots of shops and places to eat along Avenida Ashford. I'll expand on that in a restaurant and casino reviews. This hotel is in a good location in San Juan. If you want to be right in Old San Juan though you are looking at the wrong hotels. This hotel is a block off of the beach. There aren't a lot of access to food and bars right off of the beach though, you have to get in through the street side and there aren't a lot of access points. We thought that was really strange.Overall it was a good hotel to stay for the pre-cruise stopover. We also stayed post cruise but we have decided that from now on we will just head home. Staying one day after a cruise doesn't really allow you to do much of anything and we'd rather just get the traveling over with and unwind at home and sleep in our own bed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side and higher up give you a view of the ocean and the city. Try for the top two...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PHXTravler
San Bruno, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

arrived just before noon and checked in early however rooms are not yet available but were offered to have our bags held and advise to come back around 2pm as the room may be available by then. had the chance to stroll the neighborhood and came back to the hotel at 2pm but room is not yet ready so hang out by the lobby. room finally ready after 3:30pm. we were assigned on the 9th floor. the 1-bedroom suite was huge. has a dining table, separate kitchen area with full size fridge, microwave, sink area, basic utensils (plates/mugs/spoon/fork/knife) and safe. there is a tv in the sitting area and another by the bedrood area. room is facing the ocean but only getting partial view due to the building blocking the view. hotel is conveniently located so easy access to go in and out of town if you plan to drive. there is walgreens across the street and cvs on the other side. lots of restaurants and just a block away from two big hotel casino along ashford avenue.
there are also a lot of apartments nearby. i am not familiar with the neighborhood but there seem to be a lot of street people/homeless persons on the streets but find them harmless. hotel has security and there are always police roaming the area. weekend is busy for partying in the area so expect traffic and cars driving by with loud music that may go thru the night and is heard in the rooms even on the 9th floor. there are also some noise within the rooms which i think is either the a/c or icemaket as it comes and goes. you may find this annoying if you are a light sleeper. i just slept through it after a while.
the room was clean, but not super clean. i am particular with the bathroom and i think this is where cleaning should have special care. there were hair on the shower curtain and shower walls. water in the shower was not warming up on our first 2 days but started to warm up on our 3rd day until our 5th when we left. coffee/tea available 24 hours. breakfast included a plus. great wi-fi access in room. front desk staff (jihan and luis) were very helpful. generally, hotel is good value as compared to other hotels within condado.

Room Tip: select top floor bedroom suite has partial ocean view. cars driving by with loud music on weekends...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jello_10
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hola!
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel near restaurants and bars and only a few steps away from Condado Beach. We just completed a $100,000+ investment to replace individual water heaters in the rooms with hot water boilers to ensure consistent hot water in all guest rooms. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, and ask that you please contact me at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if you would like to discuss further.
Always at your service,