BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed in a suite here for a week. The corner room had an amazing view of the ocean, the excitement of the street below and the cruise ship ports in San Juan. The front desk (Alexandra) arranged 3 trips for us and every one was perfect. The other days were spent on the beach which was just a 2 minute walk away. The hotel breakfast was substantial, plus free coffee/tea/ice water 24/7. A few minor issues we called about (a/c, fridge) were handled immediately and professionally. The room is big, cleaned daily, king bed comfortable, beach towels/chairs provided, free internet, laundry, front desk super friendly and helpful ( :) especially Alexandra and Jhan). This hotel is small enough to feel "at home" yet large enough to offer most amenities. Walking at night is safe and so many local restaurants and shops surround it. Just a quick cab ride into Old San Juan. We had a great stay! Thanks.

Room Tip: Higher rooms = Better view
9 Thank janice u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Czech first
College Park, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had a great stay here. Yeah it's not the Marriott across the street so if you're looking for a luxurious resort, it's best to skip this one, but if you just need a comfortable place to stay, this will be perfect for you! The location is perfect. Just a block away from the beach, right next to CVS and Walgreens, and less than 5 minutes walking away from several delicious restaurants and bars. My only complaint is that the room didn't get cleaned the last 2 or 3 nights we were there because house keeping came at 10am while we were still asleep and did not return later.

The front desk was also very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Michael N
CondadoPalm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hola,
Thank you for staying with us. I was happy to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you enjoyed the location and value of our hotel. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with Housekeeping, and I have addressed the issue with the department so we can improve in this area. Please feel free to contact me at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
bbramsen@condadopalm.com
787-518-3346
Jersey City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

At first I was skeptical because of some of the bad reviews on here. However, I took the advice of some on here and asked for a room on a higher floor. I was glad I did since it does get really loud in this area during the weekend. The staff was great! The room was clean and well-maintained. They had beach towels (which were on the small side) and beach chairs (some were broken so check them). The one downside is the authenticity of the Condado area. It is very americanized. It's hard to find a good Puerto Rican spot to eat, but Orozco's was a good place (had to wait an hour to get in, but it was worth it). Latin Star Restuarant wasn't as great as I expected. For the price of the hotel I would stay here again because I know how to get around. I rented a car from Enterprise and left the Condado area every single day. If you are looking to stay in the area of the hotel that you book then I would suggest booking somewhere in Isla Verde to experience some Puerto Rican authenticity. The hotel itself was great ... I knocked off the star for the location. If you do rent a car do not pay for parking ... there is usually on the street parking behind the hotel or on Luchetti. I parked on the street the whole week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher levels and you will sleep soundly.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
11 Thank SGuzperson
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had not originally planned to stay here! We picked a B&B in the Ocean Park area but after gunshots got scared and got a room here. We explained the situation to the front desk staff and they found us a cab and explained the situation to the driver whole took us to the other hotel to pick up our stuff and brought us back. The Best Western was fantastic! Adorable pool, great breakfast, GIANT clean room, amazing view of the ocean, good price. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was one block from the beach (though I am not sure you should swim right there, there are big rocks). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!! It was in the middle of all sort of great restaurants and shopping. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank indieannabish
Hola!
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy we were able to help you out and save your vacation. We appreciate that you are recommending the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
bbramsen@condadopalm.com
787-518-3346
Hollywood, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

the best western plus in condado san juan p.r. is fairly new and not as big as some of the other hotels it doesn't have a casino ,room service or even valet parking but that was okay with me however it was very very comfortable , clean and the staff was great it could use some up grades like drawing their guest into the bar area with music or some type of attraction they don't have parking but their is alot around the corner and i don't know if they have discount with the hotel it is in a great location it has a pool the beach literally 2 min away restaurants and stores all over the place and the price on the rooms are reasonable over all i would stay there again

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise especially on the weekends when their is always an event
10 Thank Willie G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great people, good breakfast, and great housekeeping! This Best Western in Condado is locationally perfect! Taxi's are readily available, and the Bus stop is across the street. There's stores, and plenty of restaurants within walking distance!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
10 Thank bradh1956
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I had a great stay at the Best Western. It was located in a great area to various restaurants, the beach, casinos and various tourist attractions. a Wal-greens is located across the street,which allows you the opportunity to purchase drinks or snacks, etc. A CVS is across the street, but was not open during my stay from July 31 - August 5. Hotel was modern, and there was a free daily breakfast and free wifi through out the hotel. Can't accommodate everyone with the free breakfast but would have like to have turkey bacon or sauages one day. Also the beds were a little too hard. Swimming pool was small, but large enough for small children. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

Location