Dreams Hotel Puerto Rico
  • Breakfast included
Verdanza Hotel(Isla Verde)
Hotel Iberia(San Juan)
  • Beachfront
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrio piedrashot waterdream hotelpuerto ricotrain and busmini fridgecable tvold san juanmetropolitan areastay there againcontinental breakfastacross the streetlocal flavorwalking distancelate at nightstayed nightsenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

It did not start off well when they had no record of my reservation. When I produced my copy of the confirmation, the desk clerk called someone for advice and I was given a room. The room was quiet and comfortable. It was behind the gate and did not require climbing stairs.

The price was right. However, you have to pay by PayPal so there is no credit card protection. The WiFi signal did not reach the interior of the room and the breakfast was minimal. The surrounding neighborhood is not pretty, but it did not seem to be unsafe. As others have noted, there are Walgreens and other small stores nearby. It was a Saturday night, not a Thursday night, so there was no issue with noise from student partying.

One advantage is that you can travel to and from this hotel without having to deal with the monopolistic San Juan taxi companies. The #40 bus took me from the airport to the University of San Juan tower, within 2 blocks of the hotel, for 75 cents. The Tren Urbano (subway train - 75 cents) to the Hato Rey station, at the Coliseum, and then the Acua Expreso boat (one dollar) took me to old San Juan.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
13  Thank Stu5390
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dreams Hotel was a good place to stay for the price. We only stayed 1 night because we were going on to another destination. The bed was comfortable enough. The room and hotel were clean. The staff is GREAT!! I was able to do the main part including booking a room by TEXT and calling on my cell phone. PR is free for me to call/text to. We are in our 40's so the stairs weren't a problem, but if you have a larger suitcase it could be a bit difficult to get to your room due to the small hallway/stairway. The one thing I wish I had of thought of was the price of the cab both ways and the bridge toll EACH way. If we had of stayed closer to the airport I could have saved $65 and maybe stayed at a more expensive place.

Room Tip: There is no choice in rooms as far as I could see.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieLS123
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Here is a heads up: Dreams Hotel is more “puertorican” experience than “tourist” experience. With that said, regarding noise, commotion, traffic, terrible public transportation, that goes around the hotel, that’s Puerto Rico.

The service is amazing! You are greeted with genuinely friendly staff and really helpful.
The price is great!
The location is awesome! You have “colmado” (mini market), bars, restaurant, pharmacy, train and bus station, all at walking distance.
The room was clean! Im not a big fan of hotels with rugs since no vacuum is strong enough to remove germs. At least with tiles, you can mop the floor with a detergent and disinfect.

Room has a small fridge and microwave, but no plates or utensil. None the less, I’m pretty sure if you ask the staff they would help you out on this.

They provide continental breakfast. The key word is “continental”. Don’t expect a full blast breakfast, since they clearly specify “continental”.

Ill definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank C M
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have booked this hotel for the price. We have stayed here for 3 nights, we arrived the place on Thursday around midnight. It is a bad choice to arrive on Thursday night, it was the party night. We stuck in the traffic for almost half an hour to travel 2 blocks to the hotel. It was people everywhere, the noise didn't die down until Friday morning. The following two nights was fine, no noise. The room we stayed has a double and a twin, accommodates three people. It is one bedroom and one kitchenette, has a small frig and a microwave, one small table and two chairs. The room was pretty small, more like an apartment than hotel. It comes with continental breakfast, bread, jams and fruit. In the room not much of amenities, soap only and towels, we end up buying our own shampoo. There is free wifi, mostly need to be used in the hall way, signal is too weak in the room. No elevator.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I was afraid of what to expect in the rooms as well as the safety of the area. Heard horror stories about the driving in Puerto Rico. My concerns were in vain. Prime location for those that love to shop (car rental not needed). Very affordable!

Room
The rooms were nice. Personal bathroom, kitchenette, fridge, tv, microwave, dresser drawers, table and 2 chairs. Rooms are cleaned once requested and iron board and iron available upon request. WiFi available!! Hot water!! Comfortable beds.

Location
I felt safe in the location. Many officers clearly patrolling the area. Very close (within walking distance) to 2 train stations, bus stops, restaurants (Burger King, Chinese, Dennys, Subway, etc.), Walgreens and many shopping stores (great prices). Transportation Note:Caught the Bayamon train, got off at Deportivo Stop and walked 2 mins to Santa Rosa Mall where Burlingtons and other stores were located. Caught bus T3 to Plaza Las Americas. Rio Pedras Shopping about 7 mins walk from the hotel.

Staff
The best staff ever. Very nice helpful and filled with answers regarding Puerto Rico. Speaks English very well.

Continental Breakfast
Well I think pancakes, eggs, sausage when I think Continental Breakfast. In this case there was peanut butter, jelly, fruits, bread, butter, toaster, juice and coffee available. For me that was fine (unsure how others would feel).

Noise
Thursday night, is party night somewhat up the road. I however was not disturbed (due to location of my room perhaps) so I have no complaints in that regards.

Security
Room Doors has a double locking dead bolt, and 2 door chains. Outside there is a security gate and surveillance cameras. Police patrolled Rio Pedras and the Police station, within walking distance.

All in all, I have no complaints, definitely will be back again and sure am telling all my friends. Will do more sight seeing on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Back!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family