“BED BUGS”

Dreams Hotel Puerto Rico
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Don't go! There are bedbugs and the hotel won't refund the night even though we left within 2 hours. My daughter was on the bed when she noticed the first bug.
We packed up and left immediately. The owners are nice enough but couldn't care less about the health risk.
We discovered that my daughter from laying on the bed for about 30 minutes had 5 bites!
Elena the owner charged us for the night and refused to refund us.
Don't go there!

• Stayed: March 2014
13  Thank Roxwild

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We did a lot of research before booking the Dreams, and we were not disappointed. It is not fancy but it was spottless and the room was newly renovated. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. We slept in and missed the free brekfast, we ate at the bakery located the street behind. The staff was great and would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank nann29
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I love this place, very friendly staff. Good locación, nearby traín and bus stop. Very clean. In Puerto Rico hoteles are very expensive. We went with very low budget, and was great. I will come in 6 month and definitely i will stayed here.

Room Tip: I stayed at 310. Very clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Traveled to San Juan with my husband and daughter to look at the Optometry School in PR. Needed clean, safe, economical place to sleep. Wasn't worried about lots of perks since we were only sleeping there and would be gone all day. Well, sleep was very challenging. I had read the reviews and KNEW going in that it was in a questionable area and there were lots of parties around the area because of the college nearby. Well, I didn't count on the 1/2 inch gap around the thin metal door that made it seem that the people sitting outside our room talking were right there with us! Also, the door only had the little lock on the knob, nothing else. (We were there for 4 nights.) We knew that Thursday night was supposed to be party night, but it was much worse on Wednesday night. The party was AMAZINGLY loud, sounding like it was just outside the door. (I have to admit, some of the noises were quite interesting and made me want to be a fly on the wall to see what they were doing!) Also, the same night, a car alarm in the neighboring parking lot kept going off constantly until 3:00 a.m. The other nights, there were people sitting in chairs just outside our door visiting until late. We tried moving the chairs to the other end of the balcony, but they just moved them back. On the up side, the room was very clean, we had lots of hot water, plenty of cold air, television, and very good coffee in the mornings. The towels were a bit sad, but no big deal there. The owners and help were very friendly. There was no parking. Had to park in neighboring restaurant parking lot @ $5.00/night. Would I stay there again? Probably not, only because I will try to find something closer to the school my daughter will be attending.

Room Tip: Back side is away from traffic, but that's the least of your "noise" problems!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rena G
Elena P, Manager at Dreams Hotel Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thanks for the time spend for this review.
We are an small, budget, clean hotel in the real Puerto Rico. The guest and the environment are very important to us. Guest like you makes a difference.
We hope to see you in a nearly future.
Hugs

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I read the Trip Advisor reviews on this hotel and booked it for three days, but only stayed one. There is no lobby as such, just a counter and about 5' of space. The person who checked us in was rude - having an "incident" with another guest. I called and emailed for confirmation of a second floor room, but was put on the ground floor. Our room looked out onto the cleaning supplies and rather tacky space. It was not a comfortable situation, so we left for better grounds. I do not recommend this choice.

Room Tip: Find something different unless you are used to this low quality stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Vera W
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I needed a clean, safe and inexpensive hotel to stay at during my three days in Puerto Rico. The Dreams Hotel fit the bill. It was very close to the subway station and there was a large variety of restaurants to choose from in the area. The rooms were more than adequate. There was a fridge and microwave in a room separate from the bedroom. There was cable TV in the rooms. The Rio Piedras shopping area is also in close proximity.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DouglasAshby
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 2 nights and while the beds were not the most comfortable and I do believe the bed sheets or pillowcases weren't washed..we have to say we enjoyed our stay. We spent a good amount on our first hotel and decided we would do Dreams so we can save money and do more in Puerto Rico. If you want to see Puerto Rico and feel like a local then this is the place. We also had a car so we were able to move around efficiently..if you don't then I don't suggest coming here.

• Stayed: February 2014