“Left precious heirloom on sink....Never to be seen again!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Green Forest, Arkansas
“Left precious heirloom on sink....Never to be seen again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

To make sure I have the correct Comfort Inn in San Juan the ph # is [--]. Four of us spent the night of April 24, 2011 there on our way to a 7 day cruise. The next day on the cruise my husband realized that he had left his ring (an heirloom that his deceased father left him) on the sink in the bathroom of our motel room. I got the motel's phone number from the desk on the ship and called. I told the gentleman on the phone what had happened and that we had reservations to return on 5-1-11 on our way back to the USA. He said he would pass info. along and save the ring for us. So we were shocked when we returned to the lady at the desk being very rude and saying nothing had been found and had no sympathy at all for our situation. She just said they could not be responsible for anything not left in their safe. When I asked to talk to the lady that cleaned the room, she was just very defensive and started speaking in spanish. (which for the first time in my life I wish that I could have understood) I realize it's our fault for leaving it but until this point I had felt safe at any other Comfort Inn I had stayed in.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dissappointed2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Caledon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

Hotel staff were excellent, terrific location, rooms nice.
Stayed three nights prior to cruise.
Very hard to get a night of uninterrupted sleep due to non existent door seals and overly powerful automatic door closers.
Inconsiderate "guests" would just let doors slam behind them and the impact would resonate throughout the hallway.
If the doors were properly sealed and had "gentler" door closers we would not hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

The front desk person, Nora, makes this hotel worth twice the price. She was beyond helpful and very friendly. As for the facilities, it is an older building and there are some places where the age shows, but for the price it can't be beat. It was a one block walk to the beach and a 4 or 5 block walk to dozens of fun spots along Ashford. Parking is lacking. The rooms were clean and the maid service was very good. The bathroom equipment was fairly new and very clean. The pool was tiny but also very clean. Sure you could spend more for a fancier name, but I doubt that any other hotel's price/value point comes close.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank David S
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

This hotel was surprisingly a good value. We had a large group staying at the hotel both prior to and after our wedding in Puerto Rico. The staff were, for the most part, very nice and helpful. A few times, they made weird comments, but overall ok.

Parking ($10.00/day) is very very very limited to 11 cars per day, so make sure to check in as early as possible to get a parking pass. Otherwise, you will have to feed the parking meter every few hours or park in one of the lots within a few block radius for about $10.00-$15.00. Business center consists of 2 computer terminals which were always taken. Luckily, the hotel provides free wi-fi and we brought a netbook, so it all worked out. Beds and pillows were surprisingly comfortable.

The pool looked very clean and pretty, although we never had a chance to use it. It looked like beach towels were provided for guests. The beach is one block away. Great shopping and restaurants line the main street nearby (Ashford Ave.), with one or two casinos also closeby. The highway exit to and from the airport is a few blocks away.

The free continental breakfast was a great treat each morning - hot coffee, fresh bananas, hot hard boiled eggs, pastries, cereal, and hot waffles.

Overall good value.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Sparks, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I made reservations In October 2010 for a king non-smoking room, through Orbitz at this hotel. I paid for a King non-smoking when I booked it. I flew 9 hours to get to Puerto Rico the day of my reservation. When I got there I was informed that the only room available was a room with 2 double beds. I'm 6' 2" and have been traveling all day and paid for a King. They told me I would have to take up the issue with Orbitz. So I called them right away and then they called the hotel, who told them (Orbitz) that they couldn't give me a price break or any other form of compenstation until they spoke with the manager, who wouldn't be in until Monday. This is Sat. night, and I'm leaving on a cruise Sunday. So I called Orbitz upon my return home. They in- turn called the hotel again and the manager told them that they offered me a smoking room, which was a total LIE, as I would have taken the king smoking for one night, not that big of a deal. But they straight out LIED to Orbitz and said they would not refund any of my bill for the inconvience. Orbitz then told me that they couldn't do anything for me either. So I ask you,....You book a room 4 months in advance, pay for it, then get there and are told by the clerk, "this happens all the time with Orbitz", then neither party will make it right. Why bother, I told Orbitz they would never get my business again and I would pass thay on to all my friends and co-workers who travel, as well as Comfort Inn. They are both worthless!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bcharbonneau
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

Not as advertised. No ocean view. Pool was the size of
a postage stamp with 7 chairs. Front desk check in person
was beyond rude. Stay at the Marriott or anyplace else.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amynlarr
Ontario, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

My adult daughter and I traveled to Puerto Rico for six days/nights and stayed four of them at the Comfort Inn in San Juan. It is just a block from the beach, which we enjoyed just twice - since we traveled around other parts of Puerto Rico much of the time. Parking is limited to about 10 cars. We arrived after midnight the first night and parked on the street. We then left the area and stayed at other hotels on the island the next two night. Prior to returning to the Comfort Inn, I called ahead and asked if parking was available; it was, and they saved a spot for me for the next three nights; the cost is $10 per night. The hotel has an adequate breakfast included with the room rate. The staff were friendly and helpful. The beds and pillows were the best my daughter and I have had at any hotel (even better than a the two resort hotels we stayed at subsequently in Florida. Enjoy them! The pool is not for small children; the shallowest part is 5 feet! We stayed in three different rooms during our stay; the AC noise levels do vary by room, but were certainly tolerable. The wireless internet did not work in all the rooms we occupied. There is no guest laundry nor a self-service laundry within walking distance. The front desk staff recommended a laundry a few miles down the road in Ocean Park. I went on a Sunday evening and could not find parking; so I went back the next morning at 6:15 and parked in the small lot of an adjacent restaurant, which worked out fine. FYI, I used Choice Privileges points for my stay, but look forward to staying here on my next trip to San Juan - whether I use point or pay.

• Stayed July 2010