“Comfort Inn - Book somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Georgetown, Canada
“Comfort Inn - Book somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Not a good hotel by any stretch of the imagination. Run down and overpriced for what you got. Crummy room, loud air conditioning, and VERY noisy halls because of the echoes of everything off the cement walls and floors. I have stayed in Choice Hotels (Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn) before, but this one is really not good. Embassy Suites and Hilton Carib got great reviews from fellow cruiseship passengers. Breakfast was good but didn't make up for lack of amenities. I've learned my lesson.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rochester, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

OK location; front desk added a surcharge to our pre-paid choice hotel rate. No amenities in bathroom & a broken hair dryer & shower rod. Wi-fi signal worked, but it was not connected to the internet. The front desk suggested we try to sign on to the Holiday Inn WiFi whose signal reached us. The bed was the most worn mattress I have slept on with a major chain. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The highest floors have a possible sea view if facing north.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rdjatmn

Travellers are raving about these San Juan hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Looks good from the outside, good location but that's all! Yes it's cheap, but the rooms were much worse than I expected. I immediately wanted to check out but couldn't afford anything better. If you can, avoid this hotel and check the prices next door at the Holiday Inn Express which is under the same ownership. You will see just from comparing the lobbies that it's an upgrade. The man at the desk let me check out the rooms and I saw for myself that they were nicer and only about an additional $10-20/night. Most of the staff at front desk, at Comfort Inn were helpful, the women especially, but the cleaning staff were so loud every morning starting at 7am, shouting too eachother and sometimes singing to themselves. Every morning they would congregate to the cleaning room next to us. I don't know if it was just on the 3rd floor but it was so inconsiderate and ruined my travel plans! I finally asked them politely if they could be quiet but they just said okay, sorry and shrugged it off. They continued being loud once I returned to my room. Best of luck if you book here!

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank StaceyMalibu
Richmond Hill, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed night before cruise. Chose based on my experiences with other Comfort Inn locations and price. When checking in select based on smoking/non smoking. We did not and were put on a smoking floor. Luckily there was no odor. Rooms are very basic...but clean. The room doors slam shut...very noisy. Breakfast is adequate....nothing special...but enough to start the day. Front desk was very helpful. Suggested an authentic restaurant to try...glad we did it was great!! Interesting to walk around the area...any last minute items forgotten at home can be picked up here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I was staying in Rincon for a week and had to leave early from there and come back to San Juan for my flight. I had been driving for about 2 1/2 hours and was ready to just go to bed being that it was almost midnight. I found this hotel by chance and from the moment I pulled in, the staff was extremely friendly. The evening security helped with the parking and the rates were suprisingly reasonable. I had an issue with the safe in the room and the gentleman from maintenance came right up, I did not get his name but he couldn't have been more helpful. I would like to say though the one staff memeber that really stood out was David. He was workign the 3rd shift when I came in and as a hotel manager myself I can honestly say you are lucky to have him as a memeber of your team. He was so helpful and accommodating and made some wonderful recommendations for dinning. The hotel itself was in a great location and there is plenty of dinning within a very short walk. Thank you again to all of the staff for your help and I will return next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BayviewManagement
Smyrna, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed one night pre-cruise. The lobby looked nice and inviting. Big sign outside stating the parking charge for guests but we didn't have a vehicle. We arrived shortly after 12. We were told to "go get something to eat and by the time you are finished your room will be ready". Ok went to get something to eat and stopped at Walgreens and we were back at 215. "no sir...housekeeping hasn't brought a list of what is ready." Ok whatever. Housekeepers are standing behind this gentleman talking on cellphone. As more people pour in and are having their luggage stored as well because...."housekeeping hasn't brought the list" he seems to look down and says he will take the next person waiting. So it's us and he assigns us a smoking room on floor 4. We requested non-smoking. He says the person on the shift before him assigned all the rooms per request. Then people around us are mumbling as well. We have to wait for bags to come to us in lobby. Next four people come up and same issue. well half an hour later here comes our bags. We ride in the scary elevator up to our room. Very small and you can hear every word our next door neighbors are discussing as it an adjoining room. Geesh. Hotel is sold out so no options to move. Smells smokie also and I turned on the ac fan to help clear the air. We then left to go exploring. We got back much later in the evening and tried the internet and no luck either. So as the front desk says oh so sorry, we decide to turn on tv to drown out noise from next door. Ridiculous price for this. Next morning after very little rest we went down to breakfast. it was ok. The attendant wasn't very pleasant but whatever. Took forever to get down the elevators with our luggage. We got a cab right out front. So glad to being on a cruise. Adventure of the seas is our cruise ship. We weren't expecting the adventure to start checking into this hotel. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: seems to be more smoking rooms than non.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank crisndeefromde
SLC, UT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed two nights at this Comfort Inn. It is not the newest or nicest hotel in San Jaun by any means but for the price it was ok. We needed a place to stay before we shipped out on our cruise and did not want to pay a lot of money. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. There was a fridge and microwave and a living room area that worked out really well for us. The beds were amazingly comfortable and we slept very well. The bathroom was a little ghetto and it was impossible to shower without water spilling out on the counter and floor. The furniture was also little dirty. But overall it worked out ok.
The elevators are a little scary and need updating.. I was just waiting for them to get stuck between floors.
The breakfast in the morning was pretty good.
If you want a place to go swimming this is definitely not a place you want to stay. The pool is very small.
The location is good as It is close to many restaurants and shops. It is also a short walk to the beach.
The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family