“Great location, Rooftop is the place to be helpful staff cheap price”
Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 24 January 2014

First time staying in Puerto Rico. The good reviews on here and the cheap price helped me choose the place. What can I say? For around 80 bucks a night it's extremely worth it. About a 10 min walk to cross the bridge and experience the Paddleboarding for 40bucks for 2 people, with gorgeous views. Right after, walk across the street to lounge out on the beach with crystal clear water. The free bus system from the hotel takes you right into old San Juan in which my girlfriend and I took the 50cent ferry to Cantanas for the Bacardi factory. Also a pretty large supermarket (pueblos) within a 5min walk from hotel (cheap alcohol). Took the elevator to the 7th floor walked up a couple stairs to the roof top. Had the whole area to ourselves with beautiful views. Played some music, drinks, sun, etc. all in all I'm well aware there are probably much nicer places to stay at but we were able to experience all this on a tight budget and live in paradise for a couple days. Highly recommended for the budget traveler

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pilotlife21

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I didn't expect much when I stayed here as it was lower priced, but I had a great stay. It is not a fancy hotel by any means, and it could use a bit of updating, but I would definitely stay here again. I went to Puerto Rico to travel the island, not to stay in my hotel, so all I needed was a fridge, a bed, and some ice, and I got all three. When I first got there I lost my phone, and I thought I left it in the (shady) taxi I took from the Airport. The clerk at the front desk (overnight shift) spent a lot of time calling different taxi companies in hopes of contacting the cab driver to get my phone. Throughout our stay both clerks I came in contact with were very friendly, warm, and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank titaniumspatula
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was in there for a few days days and when I traveling around the parking was always full. Had to find parking on street which was stressful. When I go to my room on the 3rd floor I found someone had stolen my purse...definitely stolen. That was a small purse that had sentimental value. So I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Vanessa G
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Buyer beware! We made our reservations at the Miramar Hotel 6 months before arrival but one week before arrival they transferred our reservation to another hotel because they were supposedly “overbooked”... We only found this out accidently when reviewing our credit card and seeing that the other hotel had charged us (even though our credit card was not to be charged until our arrival at the Miramar.) After contacting Miramar, we were told we would love the new hotel and that it was an "upgrade" Were we disappointed when we got to San Juan and found out that this upgraded room was their lowest priced room: a windowless closet, with A/C that did not work and just one double bed. We will never book at Miramar Hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Sophie B
Reviewed 31 December 2013

THE price was good and it was not too far from the old town. There is a city bus just in front of the hotel which will take you directly to old town. We found the hotel to be clean and for the money paid well worth a stay. Front desk was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank teddybear1935
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great hotel for a pre-cruise stay. Clean, in a decent location with a couple restaurants within walking distance. Also near a grocery store. Short cab ride from the airport and also very close to the cruise ports. I would definitely stay here again. The desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Bradley F
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed one nite in san juan prior to leaving on a cruise.

Once we drove up, we all were like, oh my, what kind of hotel is this???..but once we stepped inside, that quickly changed. the hotel, yet small, was VERY clean and the rooms are huge. the lobby is small. service at check was normal, and the staff was friendly and accomodating. there were 13 of us in the group and the location was ideal.
you are very close to the water and can run/walk along the bank for more beautiful sites.

the restaurant in the hotel was not open - it was under construction, but there is a great restaurant about 50 yards up the street that had great food!

We did the tour of the bacardi rum factory the next day before boarding the ship. it is a must do!

Will definitely stay at this hotel again. It was worth it! most of the people staying were there prior to going on a cruise, too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends