Hotel Miramar
US$343
US$292
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold san juanpuerto ricolos pinosacross the streetrooftop deckfridge and microwavesmall hotelwalking distancecruise terminalfront desk clerkcondado areamagalitaxisupermarketkeyslagoonpr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Very easy to get to Old San Juan by public transportation and to the airport by cab. The on sight restaurant was under renovation so we had to find somewhere else for breakfast. The room was comfortable but no view of the ocean only the old church next door. Wi-Fi and Computer easily accessible for printing boarding passes. I would stay there sgain

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel offered more than I expected! We used a Groupon for a night with breakfast included. The venue used for breakfast was a bit underwhelming, but the breakfast was decent. I loved the rooftop view! Clean and comfortable accommodations with friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank peregrina711
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here overnight to embark on a Carnival Cruise ship the next day. The staff were very helpful, friendly and laid back . The room was adequate for our needs, the only downside was there was no facilities for tea, coffee or food although there was a fair priced cold can drinks dispenser. I would recommend the 24/7 cafe across the road for all food/drinks.

Room Tip: Our room was front facing and a little noisy so a rear room would be better
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucylin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My boyfriend lives in San Juan and when I came to visit, we decided to use a Groupon to book 2 nights at Miramar for a relaxing weekend away from his roommates. The Groupon was supposed to be for weekends only, but when we called they didn't have any rooms available for Saturday so they let us book for Sunday and Monday which I thought was really great of them. The staff when we checked in were also friendly. Parking was a bit scarce but we always lucked out and found a spot on the street close to the hotel. There is a movie theater, grocery store, and several restaurants within walking distance.

The room itself was a good size and clean. There was a TV, a microwave, and a refrigerator. We had a room with a king sized bed which was super comfortable, however I wish there were more blankets or a heavier comforter because I got a little cold with the A/C running. I'm sure you can probably ask for more at the front desk. I was also bummed out that the bathtub didn't plug and I was only able to take showers. Their restaurant was closed for renovation so they gave us $5 breakfast vouchers for another restaurant, Los Pinos, less than a minute walk away. The food was good, but there are very few items for under $5 so you may end up paying a little.The hotel's sundeck was a nice surprise. It's a good place to sit and have a few drinks and watch the sun set. There was a good view of the lagoon and part of the city. They also have vending machines, an ice machine, and guest laundry facilities.

There is a card you are supposed to hang on your door if you want maid service (rather than a "Do not disturb.") We didn't hang the card out, but someone came and cleaned the room anyway. Not necessarily a bad thing, I was just a little embarrassed because we had left dirty clothes and half eaten food sitting out. So just be aware that your room may be cleaned even if you don't ask!

Overall, I enjoyed the stay. If you are looking for an island oasis/resort type place, I would not recommend staying here. However, if you want a cheaper place to stay that is still safe, friendly, clean, and comfortable, I think Hotel Miramar is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed for one night and I have to say I was impressed with how roomy it was. Room was really clean had a great view of the surroundings. Only drawback was limited parking we had to leave our car on the street. Service is very friendly. There is also a movie theater at just steps form the hotel and most historic and attraction sites are just a couple of minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple