“Convenient to Old San Juan”
Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We received a great deal on this hotel and needed someplace for 1 night before our flight after our cruise. This hotel is close to the cruise ports, a short bus ride to Old San Juan (bus was only $0.50 per person!) with plenty of restaurants to pick from in the immediate area. We received good customer service and our rate included breakfast coupons to a 24hr restaurant across the street. Food is excellent and waiters are bilingual!! The small lobby area and our room were clean. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Free wifi was available. There were two computers available to print our flight boarding passes. The hotel was quiet. My one complaint is the LOUD AC UNIT. We had to cut it off at night so we could sleep!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jsprilll
There are newer reviews for Hotel Miramar

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is located in a very good quite neighborhood, less than a mile from the Condado Area, where all the "in" restaurant, casinos and beaches are. There are good restaurants ( chinese, italian, artesian pizzas, peruvian, fusion, french, local, etc.) nearby, fine arts theathers ( the best), a supermarket, all at a walking distance. You can walk to the beach, 1/2 a mile away; or to el Condado, which is a mile away, or take a bus to go to the Old San Juan, to Plaza Las Americas Shopping City or anywhere you choose to go. The hotel is clean, and offers good service. Not ultra modern, a little dated, but it's O.K., and for the price, you can't ask for more. This is a good choice when you are in a budget, if you don't mind being a little off "where the action is", or just spending a couple of days. There is a nice top roof pool, and a fabulous view of the lagoon, specially at night. Also a good choice when you are doing medical tourism, a bussiness trip, or just shopping in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing north, the lagoon. The higher the better; fantastic views of the Condado Lagoo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Francisco V
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say I wanted to hide away for a bit , so I could recoup abit and relax .so we planned a trip to P.R ...I searched for weeks looking for a hotel to stay at. I came across hotel miramar, I had mixed feelings because as a child this hotel was the first hotel I ever stayed at in san juan with my grandparents and believe me it was not to my liking . So the read the reviews and decided to take a chance. We only booked for one day just in case it did not meet our expectations. I was amazed to see how much this hotel had changed
When we got there it was still too early to check in , but Heidi at the front desk was very accommodating , she was pleasant explained the arrangements of our stay ..where we could go to eat visit bus system etc . A very friendly lady . The check in time was quick .we got to our room on the four floor and it was a big change to what I knew them to be like .. The decor was brighter it smelt better they gave u a tv and you did not have to rent one like in the old days . There was no big iron gate you had to walk thru to go to your rooms .. The bed room was very clean .You had a mini fridge microwave ,adequate for a couples getaway .The bathroom was nice, you were allowed to open the windows if you did not care for the Ac which was cool . The bed was comfortable no hairs on the mattress or grimmy looking bed sheets all clean and smelt like roses . House keepers were friendly and do their job very well they keep the hotelrooms looking lovely. The hotel has vending machines for both drinks and snacks for the late night munchies. ...
The fact that its a non smoking hotel made me so happy . Wifi is available too and the have a doc Centre were u can do some work send faxes print etc.
If you take the breakfast option at miramar you will get a 10 dollars voucher for two to eat at Los pinos café .it's an ok place food is not too shabby service is varied .

Getting to places from miramar is a breeze because the buses stop across the street from the hotel, price is 75 cents. there is a taxi stand on the corner from the hotel .

The street is full with restaurants to eat a supermarket a pharmacy movie cinema bars little hangouts so you can actually do stuff on the street . All in all this hotel was a great stay I did not regret my decision it's a quiet clean place to get away too . You will friend that you will meet all kind of ppl staying there for all kind of reasons cruise stop...family get away etc . Minimal noise . They keep you well informed at the front desk, the try their best to make you feel like your in a five star hotel .
This hotel is a great place to relax and build new memories

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SPENCEY268
Reviewed 4 August 2014

There with my family a few days last week. We did not have a car and relied on taxi and busses. The location was close to a couple good quick food options but the bistro was closed for remodel. There is a public beach close by.

Okay, the hotel. It is clean and well maintained. The beds were small and warn down but the rooms were clean and quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful and my wife and I spent evening sunsets on the roof watching night fall on San Juan. This place is no frills. It is meant for sleeping and being central to things. Wifi works, vending machines work, room quiet. will stay there again if back in San Juan.

One caution... As I understand it San Juan is in drought. My last morning there the water in my shower was rusty. I suspect we were drawing on water reserves, but when we left San Juan yesterday they were in tropical storm and were getting much needed rain.

1  Thank Kent S
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Very easy to get to Old San Juan by public transportation and to the airport by cab. The on sight restaurant was under renovation so we had to find somewhere else for breakfast. The room was comfortable but no view of the ocean only the old church next door. Wi-Fi and Computer easily accessible for printing boarding passes. I would stay there sgain

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel offered more than I expected! We used a Groupon for a night with breakfast included. The venue used for breakfast was a bit underwhelming, but the breakfast was decent. I loved the rooftop view! Clean and comfortable accommodations with friendly staff.

1  Thank peregrina711
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here overnight to embark on a Carnival Cruise ship the next day. The staff were very helpful, friendly and laid back . The room was adequate for our needs, the only downside was there was no facilities for tea, coffee or food although there was a fair priced cold can drinks dispenser. I would recommend the 24/7 cafe across the road for all food/drinks.

Room Tip: Our room was front facing and a little noisy so a rear room would be better
1  Thank Lucylin