Great location in Old San Juan and a great price. Three people including myself stayed in a huge room with two balconies overlooking the street. The room had lots of old furniture, one double bed, one twin bed, a three-seater couch, a table with chair, dresser with mirror, and a mini-fridge. The owners only speak in Spanish. In general I enjoyed my stay, but here are some negatives:
- Very loud outside so I had trouble sleeping. Cars, voices, and music at all hours of the night. We had to keep the windows open, or it would have been too hot and stuffy. Bring earplugs!!!
- During the day, there was lots of sunlight, but it was very dark inside the room at night. It was so dim that you can’t read.
- Shared bathrooms. The owners give you a roll of toilet paper to bring with you and back forth to the bathroom. It’s kind of a hassle. No soap in the bathrooms so you have to bring your own back and forth as well.
- Don’t stay in a room across from the bathroom because there was a woman staying there who kept getting woken up by people slamming the bathroom door all the time.
- The twin bed was SQUEAKY and woke me up whenever my friend rolled over in it.
- Great location
- Great price
- Huge room
- Mini-fridge came in handy
- Balconies were nice
- Safe enough – guests have a key to the front gate that locks automatically behind you
As long as you can speak Spanish, bring earplugs with you, stay in one of the bigger rooms, and do not stay across from the bathroom, I would recommend this place for budget travelers.
- Also Known As:
- Castro Guest House Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Guest House Old San Juan