“A lovely evening!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Carli Muñoz knows how to tinkle the ivories, and he's got the gold record to show it. Carli's Fine Bistro & Piano is a lovely place for a romantic dinner or special occasion in Old San Juan. Mr. Muñoz is a gracious and welcoming presence on his genuine Steinway grand, the service is gracious and professional, the bartender is artful (my wife declared the mojito to be the best she had in Old San Juan) and the food is solidly good (and I don't mean this as a slight - there was not a thing wrong with the food, but it isn't really the jewel in this crown). It's an "experience" place - the highlight for me was listening to Mr. Muñoz' interpretations of the Great American Songbook, which captivate both the heart and the head. I know Cole Porter was smiling at one point. The food, atmosphere and service are a wonderful complement to the beautiful experience of the music. I'm so glad we spent the evening at Carli's - great memories, for sure.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Staff was excellent. The bartender that made our drinks put his heart in soul into it. I don't think I ever had a mojito made with so much conviction.The outcome was excellent. Food was wonderful as well. A little on the pricey side but worth every penny. Entertainment from Carli was phnomenal. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting old San Juan for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the most charming place that we visited in San Juan. From the food to the jazz music, it couldn't have been better. A great big thank you to our waiter, Orlando, who was on the ball and very attentive. Would go back tomorrow if I could.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Tuna tasted like frozen. Waiter gave me the wrong appetizer AND entree, everyone was finished eating before he got it correct. SLOW service and didn't offer even a drink for all the mistakes.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Carli’s was the first stop of our walking food tour. We along with a few other couples from the tour came back after the tour for some drinks and food. We were seated at the bar and the bartender (I can’t recall his name) was fantastic. A very warm and welcoming smile, service that made you feel as if you are a VIP. His drinks, I had a Mojito and my wife had his rum punch, both were wonderful. Since we had already eaten some food on the tour we order a couple of appetizers, both were wonderful. There was a Jazz Trio playing and it was just a nice place to sit and have a drink and listen to some good jazz music. From what I could see of the diners seated at tables, the service was very good. All of the staff is friendly and great you with a warm smile and kind words.
If we come back to S.J we will definitely have dinner here.