“Impressive”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We landed here after a long day of walking. We were in no mood to pursue long lines at other restaurants.

Carli's was delightful. A bit pricey which makes entry plausible. The staff is ultra friendly. Food is outstanding. Do try the spinach ravioli and grouper filet.

The live jazz deserves a shout out as well!

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Good food and wine at a decent price. Throw in some live music from Carli and his band plus a great waiter (Wolfgang). What more do you need!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Carli Muñoz knows how to tinkle the ivories, and he's got the gold record to show it. Carli's Fine Bistro & Piano is a lovely place for a romantic dinner or special occasion in Old San Juan. Mr. Muñoz is a gracious and welcoming presence on his genuine Steinway grand, the service is gracious and professional, the bartender is artful (my wife declared the mojito to be the best she had in Old San Juan) and the food is solidly good (and I don't mean this as a slight - there was not a thing wrong with the food, but it isn't really the jewel in this crown). It's an "experience" place - the highlight for me was listening to Mr. Muñoz' interpretations of the Great American Songbook, which captivate both the heart and the head. I know Cole Porter was smiling at one point. The food, atmosphere and service are a wonderful complement to the beautiful experience of the music. I'm so glad we spent the evening at Carli's - great memories, for sure.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Staff was excellent. The bartender that made our drinks put his heart in soul into it. I don't think I ever had a mojito made with so much conviction.The outcome was excellent. Food was wonderful as well. A little on the pricey side but worth every penny. Entertainment from Carli was phnomenal. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting old San Juan for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the most charming place that we visited in San Juan. From the food to the jazz music, it couldn't have been better. A great big thank you to our waiter, Orlando, who was on the ball and very attentive. Would go back tomorrow if I could.